• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's Time to Confront Climate Extremism

Rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are inherent and need not be bargained for.

I hear the same sort of arguments by some folks when it comes to wearing a mask during COVID. They want all the advantages of living in a society but they don't want to do anything for anyone else.

I hear the same sort of arguments by some folks when it comes to wearing a mask during COVID. They want all the advantages of living in a society but they don't want to do anything for anyone else.

Then, in my view, they are derelict in their social responsibility. But they are within their rights.

Then, in my view, they are derelict in their social responsibility. But they are within their rights.

Agreed.

So why do you use phrases like "derelict in their social responsibility"? Are you saying they are acting WRONGLY? If so what right do you have to say that? Is that not a form of social coercion? Is it a subtle point to those who act wrongly that society is within its rights to suggest that if the "wrong-doer" doesn't alter course we are within our rights to withhold the benefits of society from them?

Isn't this the very nature of how societies "self-regulate" aberrant behavior?

In the case of what the PIK statement was it seems to be little more than reminding those who would act "derelict in their social responsibility" that we are all working FOR each other if we take care of those things we can do that will help others in return for our getting the help we need on issues important to us.

Agreed.

So why do you use phrases like "derelict in their social responsibility"? Are you saying they are acting WRONGLY? If so what right do you have to say that? Is that not a form of social coercion? Is it a subtle point to those who act wrongly that society is within its rights to suggest that if the "wrong-doer" doesn't alter course we are within our rights to withhold the benefits of society from them?

Isn't this the very nature of how societies "self-regulate" aberrant behavior?

In the case of what the PIK statement was it seems to be little more than reminding those who would act "derelict in their social responsibility" that we are all working FOR each other if we take care of those things we can do that will help others in return for our getting the help we need on issues important to us.

I deliberately did not say "wrongly."

The PIK statement concerns an alleged problem which I, for one, feel no obligation whatsoever to address.

It's just an example of falling short.

OK. And willfully falling short in one's duties is not a problem for you?

How do you feel about "laws" in general? Are you generally for or against them?

OK. And willfully falling short in one's duties is not a problem for you?

How do you feel about "laws" in general? Are you generally for or against them?

People fall short all the time. Not a big deal.
This is not a question of law.

(Deleted post. Deleted Post)

Prominent Meteorologist Admits Climate Debate Is About ‘Justice’

[FONT=Muli !important]ALARMIST MESSENGERS/CLAIMS SEPTEMBER 3, 2020

[/FONT]
Prominent climate activist and meteorologist Eric Holthaus has admitted that climate change activism is not about climate science, but really about “justice.” Holthaus’ admission is merely the latest in a long line of ‘scientists’ and others admitting that leftist political radicalism is the true goal of the asserted climate crisis.
With a Tweet, Holthaus joined a long line of climate alarmists on the left now fully admitting that the climate “crisis” or “emergency” is not about the science after all. . . .

BLM “Cancels” Charles Darwin?

Guest “I couldn’t make this sort of schist up if I was trying” by David Middleton UK’s Natural History Museum to Review ‘Offensive’ Charles Darwin Exhibits, Bowing to BLM Pressure In response to the iconoclastic Black Lives Matter movement, the Natural History Museum has launched a review into supposedly “offensive” and “problematic” collections, including exotic…
Continue reading →

21eux8.jpg

BLM “Cancels” Charles Darwin?

Guest “I couldn’t make this sort of schist up if I was trying” by David Middleton UK’s Natural History Museum to Review ‘Offensive’ Charles Darwin Exhibits, Bowing to BLM Pressure In response to the iconoclastic Black Lives Matter movement, the Natural History Museum has launched a review into supposedly “offensive” and “problematic” collections, including exotic…
Continue reading →

21eux8.jpg

What does this have to do with climate extremism?

NOTHING!!

What does this have to do with climate extremism?

NOTHING!!
Not Nothing, it is an example of group think by a group who are scientist,
and about the consequences of painting with too large a brush.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[h=1]49 NASA Scientists Tell The Truth[/h][FONT=&quot]Guest Post by Willis Eschenbach Next time someone tells you that scientists all support the “dangerous climate change from CO2” hypothesis, point out to them that forty-nine former NASA scientists have written an open letter to NASA pointing out that NASA is hyping unsubstantiated and unverified claims about climate … posted without further comment. w.…
Continue reading →
[/FONT]

Not Nothing, it is an example of group think by a group who are scientist,
and about the consequences of painting with too large a brush.

So... considering how other people might think about one's racist past is just group think. And just because these people who are making these considerations are scientists this somehow proves something about climate science?

:lamo

If anyone around here suffers from groupthink, it is Jack. That guy has made it obvious that he doesn't have the mental capacity or knowledge to actually assess or even debate anything about climate science. Hell... he can't even remember a fraction of the BS he posts here. In fact, all Jack has is groupthink!

So... what does Jack's post say about Jack?

So... considering how other people might think about one's racist past is just group think. And just because these people who are making these considerations are scientists this somehow proves something about climate science?
No it is about a group of scientist who are bowing to pressure to delete our history.
While Darwin himself might have been a real raciest, his theory of evolution had greater implications to our
understanding of life. My history on the topic is a little foggy, but the whole mess with eugenics, was started by Darwin's brother.
Do we dismiss the vast advances in science by Charles Darwin, because of his brothers actions?
I think complete history is very important warts and all. If we make history politically correct by removing those things that offend
people, is it really history, or just an edited story of something that happened?

[FONT="][URL="https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/09/10/49-nasa-scientists-call-bs/"]
nasa-logo-4.png
[/URL][/FONT]

[h=1]49 NASA Scientists Tell The Truth[/h][FONT="][FONT=inherit]Guest Post by Willis Eschenbach Next time someone tells you that scientists all support the “dangerous climate change from CO2” hypothesis, point out to them that forty-nine former NASA scientists have written an open letter to NASA pointing out that NASA is hyping unsubstantiated and unverified claims about climate … posted without further comment. w.…[/FONT]
[FONT=inherit][URL="https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/09/10/49-nasa-scientists-call-bs/"]Continue reading →[/URL][/FONT]
[/FONT]
I was looking at the list and know several of them personally, very sharp people.

Protest Stunt By Nine German Tree-Hugger “Idiots” Lead To Huge Highway Traffic Jam, One “Horror Crash”
By P Gosselin on 14. October 2020

Share this...
Share on FacebookTweet about this on Twitter
From environmental heroes – to national shame
The whole publicity stunt was probably supposed to go something like as follows: To protest against forest clearance to make way for a new stretch of autobahn, a group of 9 masked German tree-huggers would rappel from a speedway overpass and hang a banner demanding that the planned deforestation be stopped. And for their courageous activism, they’d surely make the regional news – maybe even the national news – and draw needed attention to man’s ruthless destruction of nature. Of course they’d be adored by the public as environmental heroes. They’d maybe even hold press conferences – and be surrounded by TV cameras and mikes.
Except for the national attention, things didn’t quite work out that way for the group of German radical environmentalist tree-huggers after tragedy struck.
According German daily Bild here, they ended up causing an 8-kilometer traffic jam and one “horror accident” as a 29-year old driver suffered serious injuries and had to be airlifted to a trauma center.
One German national daily labelled the activists as environmental idiots. . . .

Alarmists preach this silly doctrine that man is in charge of Climate, yet is derelict or lazy in the duty alarmists believe is owed to others.
I am waiting on proof that man is in charge of climate. Man does not even control weather and that is the building block of climate.

It is futile to argue for climate change until it is proven man is in charge of climate.

Back
Top Bottom