• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"It was just two women fed up with not being able to talk to their representative, and it’s a beautiful day, so we grabbed some chalk and took to the

Susan wasn't just nominally pro-choice. She made a promise to Maine women that she would always support women's reproductive rights and she did, for a while. She had the votes of many Democratic women including mine. She quit supporting women's rights awhile back but continued to say she was all for supporting them. A side walk chalk message is mild compared to what she really deserves.
C'mon, tell us what she really deserves.

That's pretty obvious by my position

But since you don't seem to understand it, let me be clear.

I would not like anyone picketing or otherwise harassing me at my home, so I would not do that to anyone else.

Hyperbole and emotional appeals are not sound or rational arguments. No one is forcing a woman to have sex except for a rapist. I've already pointed out what any woman should do in that situation.

In every other situation (the vast majority of them) of voluntary intercourse where a woman has the chance of getting pregnant, she is in control of the who, how, when, and where.

Anyone who thinks like you seem to me is forgetting that the entire purpose of sex is to create babies. "Pleasure" is one tool provided by the design of our bodies to encourage it.

If you believe that, then either follow proper procedures to meet with her, or organize a campaign to elect someone else. I believe she is up for reelection soon.

Thus, you admit the purpose is to do just that. Thanks for providing evidence of my point

Once again, an emotional appeal is not an argument. Instead take personal responsibility for your own actions and your own body.

LOL! Your body is specifically designed for having a baby. Just as a male's body is specifically designed to provide half the DNA necessary to create one.

Meanwhile, I've pointed out what to do about rape.

Yet once again, the issue is personal responsibility and what you could be doing to make sure that when you voluntarily engage in sex, YOU take personal responsibility to prevent an unwanted pregnancy.

Again, emotional appeals and hyperbole are NOT sound or rational arguments. They are meant to "scare people" and stampede them into doing whatever the fearmonger is seeking them to do.

There you go with the final "moral panic" argument. "Do what I say or else!"

My response it to repeat. If you don't want a baby, either make sure you engage in "safe sex," or simply don't engage in sexual intercourse at all.

In the event of a rape, forget "shame" and report the #*stard who did it and IMMEDIATELY take steps to make sure you are not pregnant.

Lastly, if the SCOTUS does pass the "draft opinion" then campaign in your State for a change in legislative membership to insure your STATE passes laws giving you whatever rights you wish in this regard.

A very narrow and repressed view of sex you'd like to force on everyone else.

This post defies reality.
irony-meter.gif

I'm not going to pick sides but there ARE two ways to look at it.
You've provided one.

The other is that people, regardless of their position, should not be confronted at their homes, regardless of how "tame" the effort is.

You don't go to a Judge's home to scare/intimidate/convince/bribe them to see your side of the case.

You don't go to a government official's home seeking to scare/intimidate/convince/bribe them either.

The question anyone should ask BEFORE they decide to confront someone at their place of residence is...how would YOU like it if people were doing it to you?

I am sure some people are going to pretend that this would not be a problem for them. Writing things on their front sidewalk, picketing, chanting outside all day and night on bullhorns, etc.

Yet being confronted in any way for any reason at one's home is naturally very disturbing, perhaps frightening. Consider that this first act of "mere writing on the sidewalk" could be a prelude to worse as other's decide they should expand on this in their own intrusive ways.
Actually, I would be happy that someone thought to use an inventive chalk drawing to get a message to me.

That shows imagination and thoughtfulness and respect for me.

It’s not at all like picketing , or painting a message on my sidewalk.

It was something I could read and decide whether I wanted to concider the message.

Or of course I could ignore the message , and since the message was in chalk I could easily have have it washed quickly away.

I think the artists found an inventive way to let their. view be known publicly and very peacefully. ✌🏼

Back
Top Bottom