• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It took two years but......................

itstony

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Wife and I finally got the COVID. I'm feeling like I have a mild cold but she thinks she's been hit by a bus. This is nothing to ignore, it feels pretty real to me.

We're both on ant-viral meds so hope we turn the corner soon.

Wife and I finally got the COVID. I'm feeling like I have a mild cold but she thinks she's been hit by a bus. This is nothing to ignore, it feels pretty real to me.

Get well soon!

That sucks! Hope you both feel better soon! I'm still a Covid virgin, but I'm sure it's going to get me some day.

When you get over it, don't overdo it right away. I was a delivery driver when I got Covid, was out for 3 weeks, and the first 2 weeks back I couldn't get my legs under me.

I was hoping to hear you had finished paying off your home mortgage or something along those lines.

I'm sorry that you and your wife are sick, itstony. I hope you feel better soon.

Me and my wife got it at the same time too. I got it worse. It was bad for about 3 days, but it took a full week before I felt normal again.

Hope you both get through it quickly.

In the old days we got colds or flu and were not horrified.

That sucks! Hope you both feel better soon! I'm still a Covid virgin, but I'm sure it's going to get me some day.
You could be one of the people who are have superior T-cells. :)

From Bloomburg>
It turns out that research suggests at least some certain people are more than just lucky: They appear to have a sort of “super-immunity.” And studying those people has led to key insights about our immune system and how we may be able to bolster protection against future Covid variants.

Yeah - it took 2-1/2 years to catch up with me, too. A mercifully mild case, and tested negative in a week, but I still have a residual dry cough 3 weeks later. Can't seem to shake it.

Take care of each other.
This too shall pass.

I am assuming both of you also got all your shots.
Prayers for the both of you and I suspect you will power through this.
My son had it pretty rough for a week and if you know his story, that in itself is a miracle.
Wife had ZERO symptoms but the VA came and got her and isolated her down in Long Beach for ten days, el suck grande because she was bored out of her mind.
I had zero symptoms, both my son and I tested negative five days later.

This is a huge difference from my first and nearly fatal encounter with the virus in February 2020.

Get well soon and hug that wife of yours.

It's strange that way. For me (3x vaccinated) it was milder than most colds I've had. For others I know (also 3x vaccinated), it was really bad. And as far as I know, there's very little pattern other than the fact that relatively unhealthy people are more vulnerable to it.

You could be one of the people who are have superior T-cells. :)

From Bloomburg>
It turns out that research suggests at least some certain people are more than just lucky: They appear to have a sort of “super-immunity.” And studying those people has led to key insights about our immune system and how we may be able to bolster protection against future Covid variants.
I wish!! But I doubt it.

Nobody in my immediate family has gotten it. We're all Covid virgins. I think the secret is we do what they say protects you from it. We're all boosted, and we all wear masks when we are in public. We don't do family parties with relatives because we don't live near any. I just think that works. To be honest, since the pandemic started we haven't had anything. Not a cold, flu, stomach bug, nothing and we go to a lot of doctors visits because my daughter has Lupus, my other daughters flown back and forth from Sweden, and dental visits. We go to the store occasionally, but nada, nothing.

Maybe our whole family has super cells. Wouldn't that be awesome!!

How many shots did you take? More shots you get the more Covid comes with it as a bonus.

It's strange that way. For me (3x vaccinated) it was milder than most colds I've had. For others I know (also 3x vaccinated), it was really bad. And as far as I know, there's very little pattern other than the fact that relatively unhealthy people are more vulnerable to it.
Interesting. This sounds like you were expecting not to get infected after vaccination. Unless of course the reference to being vaccinated is the price the only reason you’re still here. ??

LIAR

LIAR

LIAR

Covid-19 is and always has been a HOAX!

And here I thought covid was a pandemic of the unvaccinated.

Hope you have a speedy recovery with no long term complications

Back
Top Bottom