• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Israel ready to strike?

Gardener said:
Our fundamentalists do not cite chapter and verse while they decapitate people.

Seems to me you are worried about a kitten in your room peeing on your carpet while there is a tiger actively stalking you. There are such degrees of difference between fundamentalists in our country and Islamic funamentalists that if you focus on the former while ignoring he latter, it does appear to be a product of political correctness because you are not discerning between the two. Our fundamentalists can be annoying, intrusive and intollerant. Theirs are deadly.

well Im more scared of your fundamentalists than Islamic fundamentalists, I feel no threat at all from terrorism, which has killed no more people than die on the roads in a week in my country (UK), whereas I am terrified that christian fundamentalists have such influence in the world's only superpower...
(a good proportion of the republican party believe - or pretend to believe - in the rapture, in which the end of the world is considered to be a good thing, if Im not mistaken? I really hope I am)

Touchmaster said:
well Im more scared of your fundamentalists than Islamic fundamentalists, I feel no threat at all from terrorism, which has killed no more people than die on the roads in a week in my country (UK), whereas I am terrified that christian fundamentalists have such influence in the world's only superpower...
(a good proportion of the republican party believe - or pretend to believe - in the rapture, in which the end of the world is considered to be a good thing, if Im not mistaken? I really hope I am)

You aren't scared of Islamic fundamentalists? Then you obviously haven't been keeping up with Ahamdinejad and his visions of what he says are the coming 'end of days'. Things like seeing a halo around his head during his UN address, calling the Holucast a "myth" and pledging to destroy Israel. He is reportedly a member of the Hojjatieh, which seeks to foment global chaos in order to hasten the arrival of the messianic 12th imam.

And to top if off, if he gets his way, he will have nukes at his disposal.

What, me worry?

Touchmaster said:

Yes...Christianity is a Republican thing. It's too bad the world's superpower isn't in the hands of the Muslims. Their would be freedom and equality for all then. Of course, first they would have to figure out what face Islam is to take and then they have to kill each other off to achieve that face....but then.....the world would be great!:roll:

This is just pathetic. If you're going to talk to the adults, at least carry your end of the conversation. We all know what you just typed was complete nonesense. If given the choice.......an Islamic Radical.....or a fundamental Christian (whatever that is) who would you rather see walking down your street on a mission. (Keep in mind that it is pretty much a safe bet that the Christian probably doesn't have a bomb under his suit coat.)

Last edited:
Touchmaster said:
'America conquered their bigotries over the generations'

I dont think you could count the tens of millions of fundamentalist christians as open-minded or tolerant.

I get some of your points though, and as I said, I hate all fundamentalist religions.

How many fundamental Christians are bombing buildings, hijacking airplanes, kindapping, sawing off heads, chanting religious verse while they wave guns in the air, kill other Christians for not believing as they do, or strap bombs to themselves to kill civillians? If you are going to quote me, do so in a manner that is accurate. This is what I typed.... "Some even brought their hatreds to our shores, but America conquered their bigotries over the generations—although even we have not vanquished intolerance completely. Still, for most contemporary Americans, religion has become as comfortable as it remains comforting." By reading the entire passage, one can clearly see where my statement was not absolute.

I would say they are much more "open-minded and tolerant" than you are projecting. It is very wreckless and irresponsible to make light of our current global situation by trying to compare it to something trite and trivial.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom