• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Islamic Jihad Ceasefire : Rockets edition.

Fledermaus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Peoples Republic of California AKA Taxifornia
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Gaza militants fire rockets into Israel after cease-fire

Nov 14, 2019 · Overnight, Gaza militants fired a barrage of rockets into Israel hours after a cease-fire was called to end two days of intense fighting. Gaza medical officials say 34 Palestinians have died in the fighting.

New Gaza rockets disrupt Israel, Islamic Jihad cease-fire

GAZA CITY — Gaza militants fired a barrage of rockets into Israel on Thursday, hours after a cease-fire was declared to end two days of intense fighting between Israel and the Islamic Jihad group, the heaviest escalation in months that killed at least 34 Palestinians, including three women and eight children, and paralyzed parts of Israel.

No one immediately claimed responsibility for the new wave of rockets and it wasn’t clear how this would affect the fate of the cease-fire.

Israel had hailed the Gaza operation as a victory, defending its policy of targeting militants in their homes despite civilian deaths and vowing to continue the tactic. Islamic Jihad said it had succeeded in getting Israel to agree to a cease-fire based on several demands, including a halt to Israeli targeted killings of the group’s leaders.

New Gaza rockets disrupt Israel, Islamic Jihad cease-fire - Los Angeles Times

But Israel tries again............

JERUSALEM — A shaky cease-fire took hold Thursday between Israel and Islamist militants in the Gaza Strip after two days of fighting that killed 34 Palestinians and forced thousands of Israelis to take shelter amid a rain of rockets.

Despite reports of sporadic launches later in the day, both sides began to assess the fallout from the latest clash in the conflict’s cycle of attack and reprisal — a battle in which Hamas, the governing militant faction in Gaza, this time stayed largely on the sidelines.

The near-constant barrage slowed in the morning for nearly the first time since Israeli forces killed an Islamic Jihad commander in a strike on his safe house early Tuesday. In the surge of violence that followed, almost 400 rockets flew from Gaza, most of them exploding in open countryside or shot out of the sky by Israel’s air-defense shield. But several homes and factories were struck.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...5a2ef8-06a5-11ea-9118-25d6bd37dfb1_story.html

Missing entirely from the OP commentary and selective quoting from the articles is this crucial bit of the jigsaw

The fighting first erupted early Tuesday after Israel killed a senior commander of the Iranian-backed militant group who was said to be behind a string of rocket attacks and who Israel said was believed to be planning a cross-border infiltration.

That's right, Israel decided to kill a commander of PIJ in a targeted killing, read extrajudicial executon and ignited the conflict with PIJ themselves and still people try to make out that they are the ones " responding" to violence but never initiating it.

I might " believe " that the man next door is planning to kill me but if I kill him on that belief I would rightly go to jail.

still people try to make out that they are the ones " responding" to violence but never initiating it.

only in November there were 24 rocket attacks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

only in November there were 24 rocket attacks

And you know those rockets were fired by PIJ operatives only.

And how many Palestinians killed thus far in November ?

How many killed this year , last year , the year before ?

Maybe you want others to believe that the Palestinians are just mindless automatons bent on and compelled only to commit violent actions just like you appear to do but reasonable people understand that they are the ones getting injured/maimed/killed every day in acts of violence commited by IDF/border guards people or settlers.

So even in times of " quiet " they are being mass denied their basic human rights, being injured , killed................. quiet means relative quiet for Israelis only.

Only Israelis are allowed to respond , only Palestinians initiate.....that's the world view you choose to believe , fine, just don't expect reasonable people to agree with it.imo

Last edited:
Maybe you want others to believe that the Palestinians are just mindless automatons bent on and compelled only to commit violent actions just like you appear to do but reasonable people understand that they are the ones getting injured/maimed/killed every day in acts of violence commited by IDF/border guards people or settlers.

No, I want you to believe that a leader in an organization which has "Jihad" in its name should be recommended for the Peace Nobel prize, you know like reasonable people do

Missing entirely from the OP commentary and selective quoting from the articles is this crucial bit of the jigsaw

That's right, Israel decided to kill a commander of PIJ in a targeted killing, read extrajudicial executon and ignited the conflict with PIJ themselves and still people try to make out that they are the ones " responding" to violence but never initiating it.

I might " believe " that the man next door is planning to kill me but if I kill him on that belief I would rightly go to jail.

Time to first lie?

First sentence.

From the third article....

The near-constant barrage slowed in the morning for nearly the first time since Israeli forces killed an Islamic Jihad commander in a strike on his safe house early Tuesday.

Kill a terrorist, get hundreds of terroristic attacks against innocent civilians.

Last edited:
And you know those rockets were fired by PIJ operatives only.

And how many Palestinians killed thus far in November ?

How many killed this year , last year , the year before ?

So even in times of " quiet " they are being mass denied their basic human rights, being injured , killed................. quiet means relative quiet for Israelis only.

Only Israelis are allowed to respond , only Palestinians initiate.....that's the world view you choose to believe , fine, just don't expect reasonable people to agree with it.imo

24 attacks on innocent civilians.... The Israeli government cares enough for their civilians to build shelters.

So, not enough dead Jews to justify a response. Eh?

Lol. Right. Even though he already tried to kill you multiple times.

Israel decided to take out a ticking bomb, and good for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I want you to believe that a leader in an organization which has "Jihad" in its name should be recommended for the Peace Nobel prize, you know like reasonable people do

I suppose your comment was the easier option than actually addressing the content of my post :roll:

The name is a least honest , unlike the much more PR aware/user friendly concoctions of the " civilized " world.

The Nobel Peace Prize lol , won by such terrorism free characters as Menachim Begin , Yasser Arafat , Obama at the height of his extra judicial global killing spree.

Lol. Right. Even though he already tried to kill you multiple times.

Israel decided to take out a ticking bomb, and good for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's noted that you support the extrajudicial killing of people on unverified allegations.

By your own standards , seeing as every IDF soldier or Israeli citizen destined to enter into it , the Palestinians likewise have the same right to kill them due to the likelihood they will be responsible for crimes against them at some point in the future ?

Thx for justifying the rocket attacks /suicide bombings against the Israeli side or is it just an Israeli/Western right ?

It's noted that you support the extrajudicial killing of people on unverified allegations.

By your own standards , seeing as every IDF soldier or Israeli citizen destined to enter into it , the Palestinians likewise have the same right to kill them due to the likelihood they will be responsible for crimes against them at some point in the future ?

Thx for justifying the rocket attacks /suicide bombings against the Israeli side or is it just an Israeli/Western right ?

There is no justification for attacking innocent civilians as the Palestinian terrorist groups are wont to do.

Time to first lie?

First sentence.

From the third article....

The near-constant barrage slowed in the morning for nearly the first time since Israeli forces killed an Islamic Jihad commander in a strike on his safe house early Tuesday.

Kill a terrorist, get hundreds of terroristic attacks against innocent civilians.

I stand corrected , in amongst all the numerous BOLDED parts depicting Palestinian attacks on Israel , at the very bottom of the OP in unbolded obscurity was the key factor in understanding the spike in violence.

Forgive me for missing it in amongst that one sided propaganda spree

Glad to have given it its rightful place here in a post solely about just how crucial it is to understanding the whole situation.

Anyone might be mistaken that you were trying to paint the Palestinians as violent automatons who lust for violence , ever wanting to initiate violence , never being the victims of it themselves , never the respondees to Israeli violence.......... :roll:

I stand corrected , in amongst all the numerous BOLDED parts depicting Palestinian attacks on Israel , at the very bottom of the OP in unbolded obscurity was the key factor in understanding the spike in violence.

Forgive me for missing it in amongst that one sided propaganda spree

Glad to have given it its rightful place here in a post solely about just how crucial it is to understanding the whole situation.

Anyone might be mistaken that you were trying to paint the Palestinians as violent automatons who lust for violence , ever wanting to initiate violence , never being the victims of it themselves , never the respondees to Israeli violence .......... :roll:

You just described Hamas, Islamic Jihad and every other two bit radicalized group that can get a couple of AK47s in working condition.

24 attacks on innocent civilians.... The Israeli government cares enough for their civilians to build shelters.

So, not enough dead Jews to justify a response. Eh?

So far 36 Palestinians have been killed , you understand that right , killed. It has been reported that 8 of them are kids.

You never considered their DEATHS even worthy of a personal comment in your one sided diatribe whose whole aim was to present the Palestinians as illogical ,psychopathic ,violence loving unpeople , just like the vast majority of your thread starters here. Never wanting to discuss Israeli violence or crimes against the Palestinians.

How are the vast majority of the Israeli population " innocent " ? It's a citizen army where service is mandatory except for some super religious Jews and most Arabs.

If Isreal is justified in trying to kill Palestinians that they deem potential future killers of Israelis then , applying the same standards , are not Palestinians justified in trying to kill a population , the vast majority of whom will at some point in the future pose a potential life threatening danger to them in the form of IDF membership ?

Your decision to not even comment yourself on the articles you cited shows a lack of character/conviction.

36 Palestinian deaths so far obviously isn't enough for you ?

Wanting to keep the cycle of violence going again are we , maybe get it up to 50 by the weekend ?

Scared there might be a ceasefire agreement you always say you oppose ?

You just described Hamas, Islamic Jihad and every other two bit radicalized group that can get a couple of AK47s in working condition.

Your bid to obscure the reason why there has been a huge spike in violence, the Israeli killing of a Palestinian commander , has failed and that you cannot even comment on that part of my post only shows the validity of the charge of your wanting to demonize the Palestinains whilst whitewashing the Israeli side.

You are completely transparent.

Your bid to obscure the reason why there has been a huge spike in violence, the Israeli killing of a Palestinian commander , has failed and that you cannot even comment on that part of my post only shows the validity of the charge of your wanting to demonize the Palestinains whilst whitewashing the Israeli side.

You are completely transparent.

And this Palestinian commander..... Commander of what?

Commander of the local flower arrangement cartel?

Commander of a Falafel stand?

Commander of the local gas station?

No, he was Commander of a terrorist group that deploys the al-Quds rocket (like the Qassam) and have launched them at civilians of Israel. Prior to that market and bus bombings.

And this Palestinian commander..... Commander of what?

Commander of the local flower arrangement cartel?

Commander of a Falafel stand?

Commander of the local gas station?

No, he was Commander of a terrorist group that deploys the al-Quds rocket (like the Qassam) and have launched them at civilians of Israel. Prior to that market and bus bombings.

Once again you complete unwillingness to acknowledge Israeli treatment of and violence against Palestinians is transparent.

The IDF are the operatives and enablers of Israeli state terrorism , you point is moot you are just unable to see it through those biased pro Israel goggles

If Isreal is justified in trying to kill Palestinians that they deem potential future killers of Israelis then , applying the same standards , are not Palestinians justified in trying to kill a population , the vast majority of whom will at some point in the future pose a potential life threatening danger to them in the form of IDF membership ?

Wanting to keep the cycle of violence going again are we , maybe get it up to 50 by the weekend ?

Find the courage to have a stab at answering the above

Once again you complete unwillingness to acknowledge Israeli treatment of and violence against Palestinians is transparent.

The IDF are the operatives and enablers of Israeli state terrorism , you point is moot you are just unable to see it through those biased pro Israel goggles

Find the courage to have a stab at answering the above

And there you go again.

The facts are Israel took a terrorist leader out of the gene pool. FACT.

The Palestinian terrorists responded by rockets targeted on innocent civilians. FACT.

The IDF responds to these attacks by targeting further terrorist assets. FACT.

Palestinians died in those strikes. FACT.

Your slur that 36 Palestinians are "not enough" for me is interesting given your propensity to repeatedly imply there aren't enough dead Jews to justify IDF attacks.

I would love to see the terrorist squashed like the vermin they are. I would like to see Hamas invest in Gaza. I would like to see it prosper. I would like to see the West Bank follow after Gaza succeeds.

Last edited:
And there you go again.

The facts are Israel took a terrorist leader out of the gene pool. FACT.

The Palestinian terrorists responded by rockets targeted on innocent civilians. FACT.

The IDF responds to these attacks by targeting further terrorist assets. FACT.

Palestinians died in those strikes. FACT.

Your slur that 36 Palestinians are "not enough" for me is interesting given your propensity to repeatedly imply there aren't enough dead Jews to justify IDF attacks.

I would love to see the terrorist squashed like the vermin they are. I would like to see Hamas invest in Gaza. I would like to see it prosper. I would like to see the West Bank follow after Gaza succeeds.

The FACT is that the actions of both sides can fit definitions of terrorism so all of your " FACTS " are based on a selective application/ poor understanding of the definitions of terrorism. You have some real issues with definitions of words you want to bandy about but only ever targeting the one side.

You cannot claim that you care for the Palestinains , or the Jews for that matter , if you constantly..........

A Ignore and seek to censor out comments surrounding their ( Palestinians) suffering or the crimes commited against them which are carried out every single day against millons of people.

B Vocally support the carrying on of the cycle of violence by a strong aversity to the prospect of any ceasefire agreements coming into action

You might fool some people here that you do care but clearly they are not concentrating on your imput if they believe it.

Have a stab at answering the above

The FACT is that the actions of both sides can fit definitions of terrorism so all of your " FACTS " are based on a selective application/ poor understanding of the definitions of terrorism. You have some real issues with definitions of words you want to bandy about but only ever targeting the one side.

You cannot claim that you care for the Palestinains (1) , or the Jews for that matter , if you constantly..........

A Ignore and seek to censor out (2) comments surrounding their ( Palestinians) suffering or the crimes commited against them which are carried out every single day against millons of people.

(3) B Vocally support the carrying on of the cycle of violence by a strong aversity to the prospect of any ceasefire agreements coming into action

You might fool some people here that you do care but clearly they are not concentrating on your imput if they believe it.

If Isreal is justified in trying to kill Palestinians (4) that they deem potential future killers of Israelis then , applying the same standards , are not Palestinians justified in trying to kill a population , the vast majority of whom will at some point in the future pose a potential life threatening danger to them in the form of IDF membership ?

(1) YOU cannot tell me who I care and don't care for.

(2) Please share. What exactly have I censored? (CLUE: Insisting you keep to the subject of the thread isn't censoring. You are free to start any thread you wish)

(3)What I support is a nation being able to strike those who constantly commit acts of terrorism against their civilian population. And that is what Islamic Jihad and Hamas and other do.

(4) You misspelled 'Palestinian TERRORISTS'.

The Commander of the Islamic Jihad wasn't just a "Palestinian".

Therefore your rather ignorant question goes unanswered as all you want is a blanket approval for attacks on innocent civilians.

(1) YOU cannot tell me who I care and don't care for.

Correct , that's why I rely on you to tell me and you have in virtually every thread you participate in here. The cap fits even if you insist it doesn't.

(2) Please share. What exactly have I censored? (CLUE: Insisting you keep to the subject of the thread isn't censoring. You are free to start any thread you wish)

We will first start with highlighting your hyposcrisy in accusing anyone from straying from the subjects contained in threads. You have just spent a whole thread lying about a fictitious " filling " of a thread with Godwin Law slurs/usage and lying about how many people had used it themselves in that thread. The thread was about an attack on a Palestinian and the circumstances involved , including their wish not to press charges due to their belief in the futility of doing so. The latter part ,you lied, did not form part of the content of the article when it did enabling me to quote from it directly.

The censorship attempts are real and the sign of a frustrated poster seeking to grant themselves some kind of ad hoc moderator position here. Your attempts at censoring of views you don't like or similar events from entering the debate that ARE relevant/related show a wish to censor/control/filter out. Thus the aim is obviously to keep debate to such narrow parameters it can only demonize/criticize people on the one side of the conflict.

Nobody else here is anywhere near as controlling/hysterical about it as you are and the intention is clear , demonization/ promotion of anti Arab/Palestinian bigotry. Nobody else here that I can think of threatens others with reporting posts in a bid to censor/control the way you do. This is the use of open threats aimed at silencing views that serve to counter your narrowminded onesided diatribes.

(3)What I support is a nation being able to strike those who constantly commit acts of terrorism against their civilian population. And that is what Islamic Jihad and Hamas and other do.

No you don't. You support/defend the violence and crimes of one side and denounce the violence and crimes of the other. That fits in with the censorship you try to enforce by threats of reports to the mod team here.

People would have to be complete idiots not to see through this dual action that infects the forum with its poisonous bigotry and narrowminded hysteria.

(4) You misspelled 'Palestinian TERRORISTS'.

The Commander of the Islamic Jihad wasn't just a "Palestinian".

Therefore your rather ignorant question goes unanswered as all you want is a blanket approval for attacks on innocent civilians.

Nope , I consider Israeli state terrorism to be a real and more damaging form of terrorism than the terrorism some Palestinians engage in and the stats back that up , year in year out over 50+ years.

Both sides actions meet the often referred to definitions of terrorism but you want people to think , or rather dupe them into thinking , that it's only to be found on the Palestinian side. You are wrong and I challenge you to offer up some definitions of terrorism so we can put it to the test

Correct , that's why I rely on you to tell me and you have in virtually every thread you participate in here. The cap fits even if you insist it doesn't.

We will first start with highlighting your hyposcrisy in accusing anyone from straying from the subjects contained in threads. You have just spent a whole thread lying about a fictitious " filling " of a thread with Godwin Law slurs/usage and lying about how many people had used it themselves in that thread. The thread was about an attack on a Palestinian and the circumstances involved , including their wish not to press charges due to their belief in the futility of doing so. The latter part ,you lied, did not form part of the content of the article when it did enabling me to quote from it directly.
There you go again... Godwin was invoked by the OP therefore Godwin IS NOT derailing.

The censorship attempts are real and the sign of a frustrated poster seeking to grant themselves some kind of ad hoc moderator position here. Your attempts at censoring of views you don't like or similar events from entering the debate that ARE relevant/related show a wish to censor/control/filter out. Thus the aim is obviously to keep debate to such narrow parameters it can only demonize/criticize people on the one side of the conflict.

What have I censored? I AM NOT A MOD. Keeping you on topic definitely is not censorship. You are free to open any thread you want for any subject. What is ridiculous is that you won't open your own threads but you scream 'censorship'.

Nobody else here is anywhere near as controlling/hysterical about it as you are and the intention is clear , demonization/ promotion of anti Arab/Palestinian bigotry. Nobody else here that I can think of threatens others with reporting posts in a bid to censor/control the way you do. This is the use of open threats aimed at silencing views that serve to counter your narrowminded onesided diatribes.

Wow... A heaping helping of hyperbole and BS

No you don't. You support/defend the violence and crimes of one side and denounce the violence and crimes of the other.

Please lie again.

I would support peaceful methods to remove terrorist scum from the general population... I would like a peaceful solution for the tens of thousands of terrorist attacks on the civilian populace... Perhaps you could suggest methods.

That fits in with the censorship you try to enforce by threats of reports to the mod team here.

Once again. I AM NOT A MOD. I have no power to "censor" posts. And keeping you on topic isn't censorship. OPEN YOUR OWN THREAD.

You misspelled 'Palestinian TERRORISTS'. Again.

The Commander of the Islamic Jihad wasn't just a "Palestinian". He was a leader of a terrorist organization. When the Israeli civilian populace enlists in Hamas or PIL maybe your question would make sense.

BTW - If there was actionable intelligence that 9/11 or 7/7 was about to happen would the US/UK still be banned from taking out OBL

Last edited:

Nov 14, 2019 · Overnight, Gaza militants fired a barrage of rockets into Israel hours after a cease-fire was called to end two days of intense fighting. Gaza medical officials say 34 Palestinians have died in the fighting.

New Gaza rockets disrupt Israel, Islamic Jihad cease-fire

GAZA CITY — Gaza militants fired a barrage of rockets into Israel on Thursday, hours after a cease-fire was declared to end two days of intense fighting between Israel and the Islamic Jihad group, the heaviest escalation in months that killed at least 34 Palestinians, including three women and eight children, and paralyzed parts of Israel.

No one immediately claimed responsibility for the new wave of rockets and it wasn’t clear how this would affect the fate of the cease-fire.

Israel had hailed the Gaza operation as a victory, defending its policy of targeting militants in their homes despite civilian deaths and vowing to continue the tactic. Islamic Jihad said it had succeeded in getting Israel to agree to a cease-fire based on several demands, including a halt to Israeli targeted killings of the group’s leaders.

New Gaza rockets disrupt Israel, Islamic Jihad cease-fire - Los Angeles Times

But Israel tries again............

JERUSALEM — A shaky cease-fire took hold Thursday between Israel and Islamist militants in the Gaza Strip after two days of fighting that killed 34 Palestinians and forced thousands of Israelis to take shelter amid a rain of rockets.

Despite reports of sporadic launches later in the day, both sides began to assess the fallout from the latest clash in the conflict’s cycle of attack and reprisal — a battle in which Hamas, the governing militant faction in Gaza, this time stayed largely on the sidelines.

The near-constant barrage slowed in the morning for nearly the first time since Israeli forces killed an Islamic Jihad commander in a strike on his safe house early Tuesday. In the surge of violence that followed, almost 400 rockets flew from Gaza, most of them exploding in open countryside or shot out of the sky by Israel’s air-defense shield. But several homes and factories were struck.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...5a2ef8-06a5-11ea-9118-25d6bd37dfb1_story.html

Fledermaus:

Does this thread have a point which can be debated? If so, what is that point?

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

Back
Top Bottom