• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Trump alienating the media? (1 Viewer)

You can't blame the media for Trump deciding that only positive news is real.
Lol sure i can. I can blame anyone i want. Im sharing my opinion with you. Your free to disagree.

I appriciate you dont agree and im listening to your argument. I want to understand what your upset about and why. I just dont happen to agree with you on this

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

best for his administration at any rate.
If the fourth estate is no longer relevant, what is the reliable source of information? Do we wait for Trump to establish a Ministry of Truth? Do we depend on the internet?

To late, Obama already established the Ministry of Truth in the last National Defence Authorization Act. Giving the Federal Government the power to decide what is truth and what is propaganda.

Nothing offical except a rumor that Trump will not renew it next year.

Lol sure i can. I can blame anyone i want. Im sharing my opinion with you. Your free to disagree.

I appriciate you dont agree and im listening to your argument. I want to understand what your upset about and why. I just dont happen to agree with you on this

Trump saying that only positive news is real doesn't allow for truthful stories that are legitimately negative. I'm sure you're able to understand this.

You can't blame the media for Trump deciding that only positive news is real.

But the media reports no positive news of Trump. They lean left and are out to get him with all the negative news possible.

Trump saying that only positive news is real doesn't allow for truthful stories that are legitimately negative. I'm sure you're able to understand this.
As im sure your able to understand that portraying everything he does negatively doesn't allow for a truthfull portrayal either.

Are you upset with the medias coverage of Trump as much as your upset with his portrayal of them?

As im sure your able to understand that portraying everything he does negatively doesn't allow for a truthfull portrayal either.

Are you upset with the medias coverage of Trump as much as your upset with his portrayal of them?

And if no negative news is allowed in Trump's world, then the legitimate negative news that the media has won't matter, because Trump will have delegitimized them, as he has already succeeded in doing for the 60 million people who voted for him.

To late, Obama already established the Ministry of Truth in the last National Defence Authorization Act. Giving the Federal Government the power to decide what is truth and what is propaganda.

Nothing offical except a rumor that Trump will not renew it next year.

Obama also called the media "fake news" and established his own news outlet in the National Defense Authorization act? Funny, I don't remember that.
I don't remember Trump saying that he would defund the military, either.

Must be the mutability of the past.

And if no negative news is allowed in Trump's world, then the legitimate negative news that the media has won't matter, because Trump will have delegitimized them, as he has already succeeded in doing for the 60 million people who voted for him.
Yup i dont disagree. I liken whays happening to the parable about the boy who cried wolf.

From your perspective trump is the wolf and he is capitalizing on the media deystroying our trust in them. This means if they have any legitimate concerns it will fall on deaf ears.

Yup i dont disagree. I liken whays happening to the parable about the boy who cried wolf.

From your perspective trump is the wolf and he is capitalizing on the media deystroying our trust in them. This means if they have any legitimate concerns it will fall on deaf ears.

So then you happily accept that the only pipeline to truth is held by Trump. Because...reasons?

So then you happily accept that the only pipeline to truth is held by Trump. Because...reasons?
Why would i foolishly accept that. I dont blindly accept what any of them say as truthful unless i have evidence.

As the saying goes i dont believe anything i hear and only half of what i see

Why would i foolishly accept that. I dont blindly accept what any of them say as truthful unless i have evidence.

As the saying goes i dont believe anything i hear and only half of what i see

If you categorically dismiss the media for reporting negative things, how are you equipped in determining the truthfulness of Trump's statements?

Obama also called the media "fake news" and established his own news outlet in the National Defense Authorization act? Funny, I don't remember that.
I don't remember Trump saying that he would defund the military, either.

Must be the mutability of the past.

Obama was actually quite fond of the term "Fake News".

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...NxXwuqmeckSWqB-eg&sig2=cIEIHFq8X7T2RP-PiboQZQ

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...R3o9uiOLUJRbBEWGw&sig2=d3q9FbAPGxZFqh4ZrpMJwQ

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...4tDpXRbshUboE-oIw&sig2=ioD6QDH5GZCjoykwZ3mkjQ

If you categorically dismiss the media for reporting negative things, how are you equipped in determining the truthfulness of Trump's statements?
If you categorically accept the media as being honest than are not equipped either to determine the truthfulness of trumps statements.

I have already stated that im skeptical of all of them. You have declined to answer when i asked you of you trusted the media or not.

You know, i openly admit that i voted for trump and i did not hold my nose either. That does not mean i blindly follow him or believe everything he says.

When i agree with him i will say so and when i do not i will say so. If he turns out to be a bad potus i will own that too. Im not pro trump, i am pro america.

What im not going to do os fall in line with an overtly anti trump media who has declared him a failure before he even took oath and has not stopped since.

He has held office about a month. I would like to see what he can do and how it works before i start declaring him a good or bad potus.

But where is the positive news? That's the point. The media only reports negatively on Trump.

But where is the positive news? That's the point. The media only reports negatively on Trump.

And what positive news would you like them to report?

Surely by now you've seen Trump's latest news conference, or at least parts of it.

Has he succeeded in alienating the fourth estate? If so, will he get away with having done so? just how powerful is the media?

What do you think?

The press is getting everything they deserve. I guess some people think the press should just publish any ole crap they can generate without question. If ti was just incompetence then it might be understandable. Not excusable but understandable. A lot of the media has an intent that is in conflict with journalistic ethics. When they get caught they try to plea incompetence but we ain't buying it. It seems that anything that is anti Trump gets published without vetting. After the idiocy of the article is exposed they might issue a small retraction buried somewhere in their massive publication. I know when a sammich is made out of ****. I don't believe it when they give me a **** sammich and tell me that it's ham and cheese. The media's influence is fading. They get it wrong so many times that people are less inclined to believe anything they say. The more it fades the louder they holler.

wow. you did the same thing. when Hillary passed out at an event - you wrote it off as fake news. you dismissed it as fake. :lamo

Anything that looks bad for anything Democrat he writes off as fake news. Anything that looks bad for Republicans he extols as a paragon of virtuous information.

And what positive news would you like them to report?

That of course is being partisan. There is positive and negative news about everyone everywhere. The media's choice to only mention Trump in a negative light is dishonest. But, I get the fact that liberals are sore losers and don't think there is such a thing as positive news about Trump.

Did Trump pick this fight, or is he responding to the media's picking one with him?

Good point; How can one complain about a totally dishonest news article if the totally dishonest news article had not been published.
A few come to mind:
Russian Hooker Pissgate
Trump wants to invade Mexico
Trump hung up on the Australian PM
Trump wants to send 100,000 National Guard troops to round up illegal aliens
Melania is a hooker

Just off the top of my head that have happened lately.

It would help if Trump did something positive. Maybe he should adopt a kitten.

That's just a partisan liberal talking point, that there is no positive news about Trump. The left is still having sour grapes from losing the election. Hey, did you happen to notice the Trump rally in Florida today? The line was farther than the eye can see, many people seeing Trump in a positive light, because they know they won't see it on the news. That's why Trump was elected president, because people knew that Trump was getting the shaft by the mainstream media and people don't trust the mainstream media to report the truth. The days are over when people believe the news. The only ones who believe the news are the diehard liberals who are blind to the truth. People believe Trump when he attacks the media as being dishonest because it has shown up in polls time and time again that people didn't trust the media even before Trump came around.

Right-wing radio has started the "hate media because they lie" propaganda: today's Mark Levin is leading that charge. What Trump and the radical is looking for is a way to discredit MSM; Associated Press, Reuters, CBS, ABC and NBC so that Trump and the cabal can control the discourse and what is aid about what Trump is doing.

The MSM has for it's part very accurately reported on Trump's lies and the lies of his cabal. The radical right-wing will believe anything that they are told by their handlers at ALEC and through right-wing radio. They will of course lie about the past and make it up as they go along.

Now we're engaged in a battle for the 4th Estate. The far right wants to shut it down.

"Right wing radio" isn't news. It's commentary. You can google the different words and find out for yourself what the difference is. I am not doing it. Just google "news". Then google "commentary". Compare the two. They are different. Really, they are, like totally different.

I don't know.
I've broken up a lot of kid fights. Almost always it was the other one who started it, regardless of which one you're talking to.
Kid1: "He started it!"
Kid2: "He started it!"
Me: "Well, I ended it."

Point is, it doesn't matter who started it. It needs to end.

That is the lazy way out of it. I guess you are one of the people that thinks the president shouldn't defend himself? He should just let the press publish whatever they want regardless of how slanted, erroneous or dishonest it is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom