• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the US headed for a 4th wave of Covid?

• Yes

• No

• Unsure/Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Yes
No
Other/unsure

Yes. The 4th wave will merely be a precursor to the 5th wave to be followed by the 6th wave and, later on, waveamageddon. In future years we are likely to see a waveapocalypse. The only thing that can save us from repeated waves is masks and stimulus payments. Australia is paving the way for the rest of the world and it won't be long before we have a complete military takeover of the US for our own protection. The only hope to preserve freedom in this nation is to lock everyone down and prohibit individual choice because individuals are stupid and tend to choose poorly.

Yes, as long as covidiots continue to refuse vaccinations and advice from the experts in the medical field. The waves would slow if some people wouldn't be so ignorant, stubborn and selfish. We had someone in office playing 'president', who mishandled and dismissed the severity of the pandemic, and his cult followers who are too stupid to even realize he was vaccinated himself. Can't fix stupid.

because individuals are stupid and tend to choose poorly.
not all individuals, only those who follow a certain philosophy, and let me stop you before you start - it isn't Liberals I am talking about.

When is the communist China government going to be held accountable for COVID-19?

Paging the Biden administration.....

And it's heading North!

Expert Says There Is ‘No Doubt’ Ontario Will Face A Fourth Wave In The Fall

Dr. Colin Furness says it will be fueled by indoor gatherings.

Ontario is set to experience a fourth wave of COVID-19, according to Dr. Colin Furness, an infection control epidemiologist at the University of Toronto.

"There is no doubt we will face a fourth wave in the fall," Furness told Narcity in an email. "It will be sparked by a resumption of indoor gatherings in [step three]." Indoor get-togethers of up to 25 people are permitted in step three, as well as indoor fitness and dining with capacity restrictions.

Furness believes that the fourth wave "will be almost entirely experienced by unvaccinated people," and will consist of "sporadic, intense outbreaks, harder to anticipate or predict." He says that overall case counts could get quite high.

Ontario can curb the impact of the fourth wave by limiting indoor gatherings and continuing to vaccinate residents. "A third booster shot in the winter or early next year to improve effectiveness against emerging variants seems likely to me," he added.

When is the communist China government going to be held accountable for COVID-19?

Biden orders U.S. intelligence to investigate COVID-19 origin​

SO, no need to page him.

2ndly, how do you hold someone responsible without ALL the facts? On speculation? On the say so of Fox?

3rdly, what do we do in the meantime? Your house is trashed by a neighbor, do you go around saying "by neighbor trashed my house, so it ain't my fault it is trashed, so no need for me to clean up the trash" and leave your house trashed? Or are you going to try and get your house in order again.

And it's heading North!

Expert Says There Is ‘No Doubt’ Ontario Will Face A Fourth Wave In The Fall

Dr. Colin Furness says it will be fueled by indoor gatherings.

Ontario is set to experience a fourth wave of COVID-19, according to Dr. Colin Furness, an infection control epidemiologist at the University of Toronto.

"There is no doubt we will face a fourth wave in the fall," Furness told Narcity in an email. "It will be sparked by a resumption of indoor gatherings in [step three]." Indoor get-togethers of up to 25 people are permitted in step three, as well as indoor fitness and dining with capacity restrictions.

Furness believes that the fourth wave "will be almost entirely experienced by unvaccinated people," and will consist of "sporadic, intense outbreaks, harder to anticipate or predict." He says that overall case counts could get quite high.

Ontario can curb the impact of the fourth wave by limiting indoor gatherings and continuing to vaccinate residents. "A third booster shot in the winter or early next year to improve effectiveness against emerging variants seems likely to me," he added.
we always get stuff coming up from the States, whether escaping slaves, draft dodgers, bad weather, or Covid, so we are used to having to deal with what the U.S. sends our way.
luckily, we don't have a lot of anti-maskers, a lot of anti-vaxxers, or a lot of whiners.

Now compare our vaccination rate to yours:

now compare this:
Canada deaths per million 706
USA deaths per million 856

Never, Biden is a communist sympathizer

Yes. The 4th wave will merely be a precursor to the 5th wave to be followed by the 6th wave and, later on, waveamageddon. In future years we are likely to see a waveapocalypse. The only thing that can save us from repeated waves is masks and stimulus payments. Australia is paving the way for the rest of the world and it won't be long before we have a complete military takeover of the US for our own protection. The only hope to preserve freedom in this nation is to lock everyone down and prohibit individual choice because individuals are stupid and tend to choose poorly.
I hope you are vaccinated because if you aren’t, your little rant will look even dumber.

Judging by what I'm seeing, yes. I sure ****ing hope not, though.

not all individuals, only those who follow a certain philosophy, and let me stop you before you start - it isn't Liberals I am talking about.
Right. Liberals are the perfected echelon of human evolution and must be allowed to choose for the rest of us what is best because everyone that isn't a liberal is subhuman scum. I get that. I've had that crammed down my throat for the last 12-15 years.

Maybe this wave will be fast. The last time the numbers shot up like this was between December 29, 2020 and January 10, 2021 when there was a 39% increase in the 7 day average cases. Now we're seeing a spike with an increase in cases of 544% since the third week of June. The difference between then and now? Hardly anyone was vaccinated then whereas on July 1, 2021 nearly half the country was. Considering the very rapid increase in cases, the increase in deaths has stayed relatively subtle. Is it possible this spike will burn through the unvaccinated population very quickly and leave a whole lot of people with some level of natural immunity in its wake? Yes I know deaths lag by a couple weeks, but even accounting for that the increase is mild.

I chose "Other."

I think much like the Flu Season's "common flu," which is actually a conglomeration of various viruses we have been exposed to in the past, Covid-19 and variants are here to stay and will join the rest as a persisting illness.

Then, just as in the past, the very same segments of our population will be at most risk:

1. The Very Old with a weakened immune system caused by typical elder multiple co-morbidities;
2. The Obese of all ages with multiple pre-existing co-morbidities;
3. Some citizens of other ages whose immune systems are again already seriously compromised due to pre-existing multiple co-morbidities (cancer, COPD, etc.).

The rest of society will suffer standard Flu symptoms, if even that.

Last edited:
Right. Liberals are the perfected echelon of human evolution and must be allowed to choose for the rest of us what is best because everyone that isn't a liberal is subhuman scum. I get that. I've had that crammed down my throat for the last 12-15 years.

Rught- you need to fight for your constitutional right to sicken and kill others.

Almost certainly yes. Vaccination rates aren't high enough yet to prevent it as we move into fall and winter.

Back
Top Bottom