• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the Slogan "Police Lives Matter" a racist statement

Is the Slogan "Police Lives Matter" racist?

• Total voters
Yes, it is, because its solely a response to black lives matter, showing you don't give a shit about cops killing. And Cops aren't being killed and their murderers getting off scott free.

Same thing wiht the bullshit thin blue line flag, same thing, was a response to black lives matter protest. Instead of being appalled cops were murdering innocent people, the supposed "good cops" just blindly defend the shit cops.

Also, how many of the same dumb****s who have those Cops Lives Matter also are fine with spreading COVID< which is the leading cause of cops death by far during this pandemic. And they argue against vaccine mandates, showing they don't give a shit about cops.

Also, look at how many of hte same assholes that would wear PLM and fly the thin blue line flag beat the shit out of cops at the capital.

It usually is. I swear you guys are completely blind to subtext.

They are blind to everything, and can't do anything but lie about everything and make moronic posts like the OP

I have had a poster claim this is a racist statement. I have seen police officers and their family members wear such t-shirts and these included Latino, Asian, black and white folks
No. The police are made up of all races. Saying the police are racist is implying that all the different races that make up the police are racist.

One could argue that the slogan "Black Lives Matter" (BLM) is racist; after all, it is explicitly making reference to a certain race. However, given the context that it is a slogan designed in response to racism (or at least the perception of racism from police, in some cases), one could rebut that it's not the slogan that's racist, but rather the incidents that led to its creation that's racist.

Apparently the acquittal of George Zimmerman for killing Trayvon Martin led to the origin of the BLM slogan, which was probably motivated by fake news stories designed to portray Zimmerman as someone who arbitrarily decided to kill Martin because he was black, by editing calls to police to portray him that way, etc. The reason Zimmerman wound up killing Martin is because he somehow managed to fire off a lethal shot, but he did so because he was a smaller individual with this larger individual on top of him trying to beat him to death and out of desperation resorted to shooting him. Nothing there suggests that he shot him because he's black; the fact that he was black was irrelevant, as far as anyone can tell. In fact it seems rather silly to arbitrarily try to assert that Zimmerman wanted to kill Martin for being black, given that Zimmerman himself is part black, but I'm not asserting that Zimmerman isn't racist, only that there isn't quite enough evidence there to convince me that he is.

Anyways, it seems #BLM originated & evolved from this incident, to incidents involving police acts against blacks - particularly killings of black men & women, even when they were not armed. BTW because of this, people seem to get confused and come to believe that Zimmerman was a police officer & as far as I'm aware, he never has been a police officer and never will - though he tried to become a police officer, and right in the county I live in right now, prior to killing Martin (personally I'm rather glad they didn't let him become a police officer too).

No one can claim that police haven't killed unarmed black men and gotten away with it; we know they have. So to the question of whether the slogan Police Lives Matter is racist, maybe it is. It depends on the context. If someone is saying this in response to police being slaughtered, I would contend that this wouldn't be racists. On the other hand, if this slogan is being used for no other purpose than an attempt to dismiss or disregard #BLM, then it's pretty difficult to argue that this doesn't at least come across as racist.

Depends on the context. If someone is saying it because they are genuinely worried about police officers and wants them to be safe, it's not racist. There's nothing wrong with being concerned for their safety.

If someone is saying it in response to "Black Lives Matter," because they know that many people of color think the cops are racist, and the person is seeking to minimize that...then yeah, it's deliberately antagonizing someone using racially coded language.
Rock on, dude. That is the exact point I was making :)

Zimmerman was also Hispanic, not White, nor a White Hispanic as some outlets called him. The media made a whole mess of the situation and the Florida Attorney General made it worse by trying to convict him on the highest charge possible when they didn't have anything resembling evidence to get that conviction. I maintain that perhaps some sort of lesser negligence charge (maybe as simply as unauthorized representation of authority or similar charge) may have convicted him, but certainly not the charge they were going to try to convict him on.

No. The police are made up of all races. Saying the police are racist is implying that all the different races that make up the police are racist.

No. It's saying that the institution, the system in which the police operate is racist. The difference in outcomes between different races interactions with the police and criminal justice system is evidence.
Perverting the BLM slogan for their own end, in order to undermine it is racially motivated.

No. It's saying that the institution, the system in which the police operate is racist. The difference in outcomes between different races interactions with the police and criminal justice system is evidence.
Perverting the BLM slogan for their own end, in order to undermine it is racially motivated.
complete crap.

It's just an incredibly stupid statement. Police lives mattering was never in doubt. Same as all lives matter BS. These slogans just happened to be used by racist to counter BLM protesters.

Nobody is saying black lives don't matter though.
Not true! I say that all the time.

And people on this site prove it. They dont give a **** about black lives. They havent done anything FOR black lives, black lives havent improved BY proponents of BLM since the BLM movement began. The only black lives that were enhanced were the leaders of BLM...and they got RRRRRIIIIIIIICCCCCCHHHHHH. But the black people in poverty didnt benefit from that. In fact the opposite has happened. The idiot left has stirred up hatred, they burned down their homes and businesses, they have lost stores which provided needed services....they arent better they are worse.

Worse, the people that claim black lives matter still rush to the polls and vote for the people that have destroyed the black American family and communities.

Context matters - if I'm talking about the 1/6 event and say that police lives matter, that is way different than saying police lives matter in response to someone chanting Black Lives Matter at a protest.
I’d just not put it in a slogan that just changes one word ;)

And people on this site prove it. They dont give a **** about black lives. They havent done anything FOR black lives, black lives havent improved BY proponents of BLM since the BLM movement began. The only black lives that were enhanced were the leaders of BLM...and they got RRRRRIIIIIIIICCCCCCHHHHHH. But the black people in poverty didnt benefit from that. In fact the opposite has happened. The idiot left has stirred up hatred, they burned down their homes and businesses, they have lost stores which provided needed services....they arent better they are worse.

Worse, the people that claim black lives matter still rush to the polls and vote for the people that have destroyed the black American family and communities.

I was talking about the right, or people in the middle; Independents. We do not believe black lives don't matter, but I totally understand the point you're making above.
They use minorities as their pawns to obtain or keep power. Most Blacks are smarter than today's white leftist thinks. That's why they name call when Blacks vote Republican. Look at how they degrade them then...:eek:

No its not 'racist'. There are plenty of ways to take this phrase besides some endorsement of the anti BLM position. Maybe somebody was deeply affected by a wanton, meaningless stupid death of a cop. Maybe saying we need to do more to protect cops from such acts, is not inconsistent from saying we need to protect black youth from becoming of wanton meaningless and stupid dead youths.

And next storytime boys and girls we will talk about how the earth is flat
😂🤣

It would help if the left didnt automatically presume that rejection of the Black Lives Matter mantra is NOT racist. Therefore...anytime someone says something stupid like "BLACK LIVES MATTER", a countering response would be POLICE LIVES MATTER or ALL LIVES MATTER. Not racist...not even racial-hell, there are LOTS of minority police officers.

I have had a poster claim this is a racist statement. I have seen police officers and their family members wear such t-shirts and these included Latino, Asian, black and white folks
If 'Police Lives Matter' were to be considered a "racist" statement, then that means that BLM would also be a racist statement. Since BLM is not by itself racist, then neither is police lives matter, Asian lives matter, Tibetan lives matter, women's lives matter, unborn lives matter, gay lives matter, senior lives matter, immigrant lives matter, or even.... White lives matter. Because what is a universal truth is that ALL lives matter. They matter to those groups, and they matter to individuals just the same AND equally .

This false liberal/progressive and BLM/antifa claim that to say "police leaves matter" means that Black lives do not matter is just an illogical lie. To say any particular group lives matter is not mutually exclusive of other groups. This BLM liberal claim that PLM is racist is infantile thinking, it does not stand up to logic. Besides the FACT that police are made up of women, Hispanics, Asians, gays, Blacks as well as Whites, just makes that claim that their lives cannot be celebrated for the job they do is simply false thinking.

It would help if the left didnt automatically presume that rejection of the Black Lives Matter mantra is NOT racist. Therefore...anytime someone says something stupid like "BLACK LIVES MATTER", a countering response would be POLICE LIVES MATTER or ALL LIVES MATTER. Not racist...not even racial-hell, there are LOTS of minority police officers.
well its a good thing that is factually not happening then and its a good thing that minority police officers exciting factually has nothing to do with it either LMAO
this is why your posted triggered meltdowns are so me fo the best here .. .keep the entertainment coming!
😂🍿

It usually is. I swear you guys are completely blind to subtext.

Wrong! No, there is no subtext. BLM likes to "claim" that if anyone says all lives matter or similar, it is meant to be racist and disrespectful of their mantra (Black lives matter). Their claim is that no lives can matter UNTIL Black lives matter--- which is simply illogical, because Black live ALREADY matter. Their claim is that to America Black lives don't matter, a complete lie. I believe the very FACT that America TWICE elected a Black president in a nation where Blacks only make up 13% of the population pretty much proves that America is not a systemically racist nation. But BLM does not earn victim points or gain any political power by admitting that America despite problems, in not a racist nation.

This explains it well.

And it is funny.

That was a good video, but I would adjust a few things.

First, he doesn't go far enough regarding people who don't like cops. Nobody reading this, unless you are a cop or a politician or politically-connected, feels safer having a cop follow them. We all know that being followed by a cop means there's a chance we will be shaken down by some power tripping asshole. It's not just blacks and rednecks. Nobody likes cops, and for good reason.

Second, the main reason people don't emphasize with BLM is because we see them destroying and looting private businesses, blocking freeways, and attacking people who are not cops. If they just went after cops and destroyed cop cars most people would empathize with BLM, especially rednecks.

First, he doesn't go far enough regarding people who don't like cops. Nobody reading this, unless you are a cop or a politician or politically-connected, feels safer having a cop follow them. We all know that being followed by a cop means there's a chance we will be shaken down by some power tripping asshole. It's not just blacks and rednecks. Nobody likes cops, and for good reason.

Second, the main reason people don't emphasize with BLM is because we see them destroying and looting private businesses, blocking freeways, and attacking people who are not cops. If they just went after cops and destroyed cop cars most people would empathize with BLM, especially rednecks.
The violence and looting was mostly NOT BLM.

Just another "authority worship" thread. Irresistible, like a moth to a flame.

New study identifies a psychological factor linked to Trump​

https://www.psypost.org › ... › Donald Trump

Mar 28, 2020 — The desire to matter and feel significant among Donald Trump supporters is associated with support for hostile and vindictive actions ...

Despite drift toward authoritarianism, Trump voters stay loyal ...​

https://news.berkeley.edu › 2020/12/07 › despite-drift-t...

Dec 7, 2020 — Despite his authoritarian tendencies, President Donald Trump's supporters have stayed with him because of a complex interplay of economic, ..https://www.yahoo.com/now/chicago-police-union-president-saying-165429030.html

Chicago police union president: Saying riots are 'treason' is ...

https://www.yahoo.com › now › chicago-police-union-...
Jan 8, 2021 — John Catanzara, who was elected last May as the president of the Chicago Fraternal Order of Police, is defending the people who participated ...

US Capitol Mob Brings Questions, Fallout For Pro-Trump Police​

https://www.npr.org › 2021/01/12 › u-s-capitol-mob-brin...

Jan 12, 2021 — The head of the Chicago police union minimized the severity of the riot, while his counterpart in Seattle repeated unfounded claims that the ...

Sept. 14, 2020

Replacement unclear after SBA chief Ed Mullins resigns amid investigation​

SBA President Ed Mullins resigns amid FBI investigation
Wednesday, October 6, 2021
"The FBI raided two locations on Tuesday tied to Ed Mullins: the headquarters of the Sergeants Benevolent Association (SBA) in Lower Manhattan and Mullins's home in Port Washington.
The SBA executive board says it asked Mullins to resign given "severity of this matter and uncertainty of its outcome," and he agreed. ....
For nearly two decades, Mullins has been an outspoken and controversial member of the NYPD. He has also been harshly critical of the de Blasio administration.

Aside from the federal investigation, he is under NYPD departmental review for allegedly tweeting information about the mayor's daughter's arrest during last year's Black Live Matter protests..."

Police Unions Say No Regrets In Endorsing President Trump

https://www.ny1.com › nyc › news › 2020/11/24 › poli...
Nov 24, 2020 — "In the New York City PBA, Mr. President you earn the endorsement and you've earned this endorsement,” said Patrick Lynch, president of the ...

Trump Makes It Easier for Police to Get Military Equipment​

https://www.nbcnews.com › politics › white-house › tru...

Nov 13, 2017 — Critics are concerned about police departments getting surplus military gear after President Trump ditched Obama-era reforms on training and ...

Hidden in Bill Passed Over Trump's Veto: Limits on Police ...​

https://www.themarshallproject.org › 2021/01/08 › hid...

Jan 8, 2021 — ... of a Trump veto is a new restriction on police militarization. The provision bans grenades, bayonets, weaponized combat vehicles and ...

Nobody is saying black lives don't matter though.
No. They're showing it by killing them in disproportionate amounts. Right, wrong indifferent, the police have been killing unarmed black people at a disproportionately higher rate. That is literally what spawned the BLM movement. So if you go to a BLM rally and start yelling "police lives matter", your basically negating that black lives matter too.

The police are an essential element of our society.
They matter to our health and welfare.
And, yes, like a drunken driver who might hit you and hurt you, there are bad police and good police.
We need to weed out the bad ones and make them pay for violating their oaths to the people.

POLICE LIVES MATTER just like the lives of every human on the planet.

It doesn't have much to do with whether you like cops. It's about right wing extremism of American society. It is a culture of oppression of the least powerful, protection of property prioritized over protection of human life, safety, and health, fetishization of guns incomparable to any other civilized country resulting in freakish level of avoidable violence and death, and gross hypocrisy and uneven application of law and of justice....

So weary reading post after post regurgitating Trump-spewed campaign psy-Op as if it were facts.
"Whitelash" whining over their "victimization".

51563817710_c4588e209d_b.jpg

Federal agents sent to Portland to defend courthouse weren’t properly designated for role, may not have received training, report says​

Nov. 03, 2020,

The selective outrage in this forum could not be more elevated if it was coordinated. It is a symptom of the authoritarian complex.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2017/03/10/sessions-doesnt-want-to-investigate-police-heres-why-we-need-to/

The Obama Justice Department Had a Plan to Hold Police ...

https://www.propublica.org › article › the-obama-justic...
Sep 29, 2020 —

Biden bringing back DOJ oversight of police that Trump curtailed​

https://www.usatoday.com › news › politics › 2021/04/24

Apr 24, 2021 — Trump Attorney General Jeff Sessions all but suspended federal oversight of ... Gupta, who also was acting chief of the Obama Civil Rights ...

In Ferguson, racial disparities in traffic stops are worse​

https://nymag.com › intelligencer › 2019/08 › ferguson-d...

Aug 7, 2019 — But one problem has proved resilient: racial disparities in traffic stops. The Times' John Eligon reports that black motorists in Missouri were ...

Ferguson shows how a police force can turn into a plundering ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com › news › 2015/03/05

Mar 5, 2015 — The Ferguson police and courts have come under broad criticism for ... Eighty-five percent of people subjected to vehicle stops are African ...

In Ferguson, Court Fines And Fees Fuel Anger - NPR

https://www.npr.org › 2014/08/25 › in-ferguson-court-fin...
Aug 25, 2014 — Last year, Ferguson collected $2.6 million in court fines and fees. ... Racial Disparity In Ferguson Traffic Stops. Data from the Missouri ...

No. They're showing it by killing them in disproportionate amounts. Right, wrong indifferent, the police have been killing unarmed black people at a disproportionately higher rate. That is literally what spawned the BLM movement. So if you go to a BLM rally and start yelling "police lives matter", your basically negating that black lives matter too.
I see you have been watching the Netlfix documentary about Colin Kaepernick on how poorly he was treated by the NFL for being a stupid athlete and ruining his career.
I would never yell "Police Live Matter" because that is also stupid.
I'd probably get in trouble for saying "ALL LIVES MATTER" because some idiot might interpret that as saying black lives do not matter.

ALL LIVES MATTER and people with a lick of common sense should already know that.

No human life is more valuable than any other. Unless they are terrorists and want to kill people.
Then they should quickly be disposed of.

Black lives do matter though, and free country, people get to also shout, Police Lives Matter.
Not everything is a dog whistle, a white grievance, or a slight toward anyone who has been the victim of a rogue cop.

Back
Top Bottom