• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the Republican Party the party of voter suppression?

• Total voters

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
With the recent flurry of changes to State laws & regarding the massive voter counts it IMHO is voter suppression of BIPOC.

Links below.

Yes
No

Sadly for some there will be no "Other". But you can change your vote
Anecdotal evidence - my pers opinion is one party type here likes that "Other" choice on difficult issues.

With the recent flurry of changes to State laws & regarding the massive voter counts it IMHO is voter suppression of BIPOC.

Links below.

Yes
No

Anecdotal evidence - my pers opinion is one party type here likes that "Other" choice on difficult issues.

Of course"yes"............................sure as heck ain't the dems....

Ah, the soft bigotry of low expectations from the party that believes blacks can't get drivers licenses, I.D.s, attorneys and accountants, and don't know how to use the internet.

Ah, the soft bigotry of low expectations from the party that believes blacks can't get drivers licenses, I.D.s, attorneys and accountants, and don't know how to use the internet.
Attorneys and accountants? I don't know about you guys, but I've never needed an attorney or an accountant to vote. Maybe I've been doing it wrong.

Links below.

Yes
No

There need only be one choice, and that choice is "No".

The Republicans intend to suppress illegal voting that has been a problem which reached its zenith
in the 2020 election but has been more than noticeable since around 1992.

The Republicans intend to suppress illegal voting that has been a problem which reached its zenith

LOL... sometimes I think you people actual believe your own lies.

The funny thing about your post is that no one has been able to prove widespread voter fraud.

When you can prove it with evidence, then I will take such comments seriously.

However, most of the time we get to hear things like “but my best friend’s grandmother said she thought she saw an illegal vote and why would she lie? Are you calling her a liar!?!?”

And that, as we know, isn’t evidence.

The funny thing about your post is that no one has been able to prove widespread voter fraud.

When you can prove it with evidence, then I will take such comments seriously.

However, most of the time we get to hear things like “but my best friend’s grandmother said she thought she saw an illegal vote and why would she lie? Are you calling her a liar!?!?”

And that, as we know, isn’t evidence.

All who believe there has been no widespread voter fraud read carefully in order to become more informed.

In 2014, a disturbing study was released by political scientists at Old Dominion University. Their work showed that a significant percentage of foreign nationals residing in the United States, whether lawfully or unlawfully present, were registered to vote in US elections—and that a significant number of them actually have voted in recent years—6.4 percent in 2008 and 2.2 percent in 2010. That is enough to have swayed election outcomes in some states: “there is reason to believe non-citizen voting changed one state’s Electoral College votes in 2008, delivering North Carolina to Obama, and that non-citizen votes have also led to Democratic victories in congressional races including a critical 2008 Sen- ate race [in Minnesota] that delivered for Democrats a 60-vote filibuster-proof majority in the Senate.” It is, of course, illegal for noncitizens to vote in federal and state elections. But this study suggests that hundreds of thousands of illegal votes may have been cast in the United States in every federal election.

About the internet; not everyone can afford it, so they have to go to places where they either pay to use it at an absurd fee or use it fro free at place like a public library where the number of access is limited, for short durations and when they are open which often not long enough for someone to get to after work.

On top of that, it isn’t assuming that African Americans don’t how to use the internet for voting or other reasons, for them it’s about access…no, it’s the boomers and older generations who have trouble using the internet…and they vote conservative for the lost part.

I’m not sure what you mean by the attorneys and accountants statement.

As far as usable ID’s for voting, again, it is about access. Not everyone has a car. Not everyone is within walking distance. And folks are at the mercy of public transportation where depending on where one lives can be good or god awful. And if you limit the hours or number of places open…which red states often close or make difficult to get to…then it makes it that much harder.

And that was before 2020.

Now, because a close election didn’t got the way you wanted and some states actually flipped…you all have decided that the systems in place that you used for decades for voting no longer skew elections in your favor. So you make up lies to justify moving the goal posts…yet again.

The weird part this time around, with these new laws, there’s a solid possibility it will blow up in your face and prevent people who vote as you from getting to the polls to vote.

And when that happens, you will want to move the goal posts…again…

The riht to vote should be based on the lowest possible expectations.
Your point?

By the way, every state should have same day registration and give voters the opportnity to cast a PROVISIONAL ballot whose info can be verified later.

Get out more often. Apparently you don't hang with people that are poor and don't have the additional money required for those things. The only color those issues are associated with is green.

All who believe there has been no widespread voter fraud read carefully in order to become more informed.

In 2014, a disturbing study was released by political scientists at Old Dominion University. Their work showed that a significant percentage of foreign nationals residing in the United States, whether lawfully or unlawfully present, were registered to vote in US elections—and that a significant number of them actually have voted in recent years—6.4 percent in 2008 and 2.2 percent in 2010. That is enough to have swayed election outcomes in some states: “there is reason to believe non-citizen voting changed one state’s Electoral College votes in 2008, delivering North Carolina to Obama, and that non-citizen votes have also led to Democratic victories in congressional races including a critical 2008 Sen- ate race [in Minnesota] that delivered for Democrats a 60-vote filibuster-proof majority in the Senate.” It is, of course, illegal for noncitizens to vote in federal and state elections. But this study suggests that hundreds of thousands of illegal votes may have been cast in the United States in every federal election.
I guess you didn’t read how one of the three authors wrote that Trump did not understand the paper and it’s implications and mis/stated it in his rallies.

Further, in peer reviews, it wa realized that there were data errors that skewed the results…something later acknowledged by the study’s authors.

That's a lie. On the contruary all independent investigation has shown that illegal voting is practically non existing in the US elections.

Yes, it has reached is zenith ..... 100 illegal votes in a election of 155M. Yes, a dire problem which must be addressed.

LINK?
wonder_40x40.gif

Yes, it is the party of voter suppression.

Of course they are, they've openly admitted it.
They've admitted to trying to keep citizens from voting?

Show me.

Call it whatever you want, but I am all for allowing people access to the polls without jumping through constant hoops.

So far six liars.

Evan Republicans are well aware of thair voter suppression campaign but they certainly can not admit it...

Yes, it has reached is zenith ..... 100 illegal votes in a election of 155M. Yes, a dire problem which must be addressed.

Democrats would have us believe, when it comes to elections. Oh sure, they will agree that politics is a bare-knuckle blood sport, that turns otherwise decent people into nasty hypocrites who will do just about anything to get an edge.

And they won’t deny that our election officials aren’t exactly the best and brightest, and that many of the systems in place are dangerously antiquated.

And yet, somehow, they argue, when the time comes to vote, even the nastiest partisans who see everything riding on the result, turn into Jesus. Miraculously, this flawed system becomes a model of honest efficiency free from manipulation or mistake.

Fair-minded people should admit that there are enough legitimate questions about the integrity of our elections that reform should be the first order of business at the local and federal level.

So it's "zenith" was twelve cases nation wide nearly all Republican votes...

Back
Top Bottom