• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is Selflessness attainable?

Rowan

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Is selflessness attainable?
Should it be aimed for?
What are the Pros and Cons?
Whats so bad about being selfish and looking after number 1 any way?

selflessness is attainable, but it goes against human nature. The Bible teaches people to be selfless and to put people ahead of you. Also look at the Japanese and Chinese cultures. If any culture is selfless it is them. That is why they are prospering so much and why they will be the world police in 10 years. A communist economy also works in a selfless society, such as China.

The selfless are the poor, the stupid, and the inconsequential. I don't think true selfless people exist, but those who attempt to become truly selfless aren't to be respected in my opinion. Being selfless is never taking your own needs into consideration, your mind, your financial standing. It's always letting someone else have all that you've miraculously managed to grab despite your condition, and letting someone else see you as more of a resource than a person, allowing them to walk all over you. Selfless people and the society they would create is abhorrent to me.

Back
Top Bottom