• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is publicly funded schooling broken? If so, how can it be improved?

Why did you amputate a shred of a thought and present it as if it was a whole thought?
Because when you premise your post on something you know is a lie, there's no point in wasting my time on anything else.

Quit posting lies and we can discuss. But you refuse to do that, so you get whatever effort I choose to put in.

Because when you premise your post on something you know is a lie, there's no point in wasting my time on anything else.

Quit posting lies and we can discuss. But you refuse to do that, so you get whatever effort I choose to put in.

You characterize reality as "lies".

The fact of the matter is this:

US spending on Education is at or near the top.

US outcomes resulting from our educational system is middle of the pack at best.

You characterize reality as "lies".
No, I characterize the lies as lies. You keep regurgitating things I've already shown to be false.
The fact of the matter is this:

US spending on Education is at or near the top.

US outcomes resulting from our educational system is middle of the pack at best.
And when you adjust for differences in socio-economic statuses, the US outcomes resulting from our educational system is near the top of the list. As I've shown.

Why do you keep parroting things you know are lies?

No, I characterize the lies as lies. You keep regurgitating things I've already shown to be false.

And when you adjust for differences in socio-economic statuses, the US outcomes resulting from our educational system is near the top of the list. As I've shown.

Why do you keep parroting things you know are lies?

When you adjust for anything, you are lying to justify failure and rationalize poor management.

After you "adjust for differences", how many Super Bowls have the Minnesota Vikings won?

When you adjust for anything, you are lying to justify failure and rationalize poor management.
In other words, you have no idea how research works at all. How not surprising, given the educational knowledge you have so far demonstrated.

If you want to send your kid to a private school use your own damn money.
who says they'd go to a private school? I was under the impression that our public schools....according to liberals....were far more accomodating to students than private schools.

No mention of Project Gutenberg in this thread.

There are now 67,000+ free publications in PG. Why can't parents encourage their kids to read one book or story per week? There is a listing for children's books.

Why not start making recommendations?

Whatever is wrong with public schooling nobody's kids are going to stop growing up to wait for it to get fixed.

And then there is Librivox:

In other words, you have no idea how research works at all. How not surprising, given the educational knowledge you have so far demonstrated.

Why did you amputate a shred of a thought and present it as if it was a whole thought?

Why do you constantly post things you know are lies?

Why do you constantly post things you know are lies?

Not an answer.

As you claim to be a member of our educational system, your tactics to deceive are disturbing.

What good does that do? Lies should not be allowed to go unchecked, that's how people get wrong information.

Neither was yours. *shrug*

You're the one posting lies, not me.

What lie have I posted?

So, no examples.
Another posting of a lie. I gave you examples and told you where to find them. Much like your constant need to criticize public education for the stupidest reasons possible, you are now resorting to the posting of lies to avoid acknowledging the truths.

Another posting of a lie. I gave you examples and told you where to find them. Much like your constant need to criticize public education for the stupidest reasons possible, you are now resorting to the posting of lies to avoid acknowledging the truths.

Not at all.

Our public education system is producing ridiculously poor results.

I noted that the results are mid 30's for the STEM disciplines and mid 20's overall.

You dismissed the value of competitive rankings and then noted that the ranking you prefer show that the US is 18th among our international peers.

I feel we need to revise or techniques, approaches and procedures to achieve excellence. You feel that we should revise our system(s) of ranking to justify failure.

Perhaps we need to enshrine your approach on the crest of the Department of Education:

"The Department of Education: We're not the best, but there are good reason why".

Not at all.
I told you where to find the lies you posted. But you continue to ignore them and continue to post them.
Our public education system is producing ridiculously poor results.
Again, this is one of the lies. As I've already pointed out.
I noted that the results are mid 30's for the STEM disciplines and mid 20's overall.
And I noted those results are skewed due to factors outside the control of education. You are literally and knowingly posting skewed results to push a biased agenda. And that is not honest.
You dismissed the value of competitive rankings and then noted that the ranking you prefer show that the US is 18th among our international peers.

I feel we need to revise or techniques, approaches and procedures to achieve excellence. You feel that we should revise our system(s) of ranking to justify failure.
You are literally making things up. I didn't say this at all. Why are you constantly posting provably false statements? Are you so intellectually bankrupt you are incapable of having an honest discussion?

I told you where to find the lies you posted. But you continue to ignore them and continue to post them.

Again, this is one of the lies. As I've already pointed out.

And I noted those results are skewed due to factors outside the control of education. You are literally and knowingly posting skewed results to push a biased agenda. And that is not honest.

You are literally making things up. I didn't say this at all. Why are you constantly posting provably false statements? Are you so intellectually bankrupt you are incapable of having an honest discussion?

The ideas you present to improve our rankings from their dismal state are proven by their previous use to be ineffective.

The rationalizations of the failure(s) to correct deficiencies of outcome are rationalizations to explain, not correct, failure.

The world is what it is. It is in the Real World where education must be conducted and must be ranked.

The ideas you present to improve our rankings from their dismal state are proven by their previous use to be ineffective.
When did we previously use them? When did we last implement some of the suggestions I've provided in this thread? Give specifics, directly addressing the suggestions I've made and give a time frame for when we tried to implement them.

Is the current model of the state and local municipalities funding schooling for residents still viable in this politicized environment? How can public schooling be improved, in order to provide minors with the tools necessary to make a living?
with a better educated adult population, who understand what School is.

Many people went through it, only because they had to... never really grasping the signifigance of what School is all about and what it's designed to do.

When did we previously use them? When did we last implement some of the suggestions I've provided in this thread? Give specifics, directly addressing the suggestions I've made and give a time frame for when we tried to implement them.

No, no. Quit dodging. Let's see some honesty. Answer the questions.

I think as an incentive, more public money should go towards schools and instructors that perform better on an incremental basis, not absolute.
So, if all of the students in the wealthier schools get straight B averages year over year, those schools and instructors get less contribution of public funds, than the schools and
instructors that went from D average to C average year over year. This gives an incentive for everyone to improve across the board.

I think as an incentive, more public money should go towards schools and instructors that perform better on an incremental basis, not absolute.
So, if all of the students in the wealthier schools get straight B averages year over year, those schools and instructors get less contribution of public funds, than the schools and
instructors that went from D average to C average year over year. This gives an incentive for everyone to improve across the board.
Too many variables. Won't work.

Back
Top Bottom