• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Obama afraid to lead? [W:143]

Is Obama afraid to lead?

He's certainly not a great leader, but he's not the worst, either.

He's a lousy leader...period. And the country is suffering because of it b

He's a lousy leader...period. And the country is suffering because of it b

The country is suffering because of congress...end of story.

Are you saying that Jimmy Carter was worse than Obama ?
At the time, I thought Jimmy Carter was a very weak president. In retrospect, he was a lot tougher than I gave him credit for. With Obama, I think he is trying too hard to be a populist like Clinton and in the process he's ignored the people who voted for him by trying to please Republicans who want nothing to do with him. He needs to start standing up for the people who voted for him or he will be among the worst presidents, imo. But I'm not to the point of calling him that, yet. I still think he has the potential to be a good leader. So ask me in two years and I might have a more solid opinion.

NO ! we lost 415,000 jobs going to mexico. Those were high paying jobs, have you been to ohio recently. I know you love the leaders, so of course you want the CEO "leaders" to benefit. But you side with the rich I will side with the majority. OK

Heading South: U.S.-Mexico trade and job displacement after NAFTA | Economic Policy Institute

You are off topic.

NAFTA creates jobs in export industries and benefits all Americans via lower prices and better selections.:peace

NO ! we lost 415,000 jobs going to mexico. Those were high paying jobs, have you been to ohio recently. I know you love the leaders, so of course you want the CEO "leaders" to benefit. But you side with the rich I will side with the majority. OK

Heading South: U.S.-Mexico trade and job displacement after NAFTA | Economic Policy Institute

Many of Ohio's manufacturing jobs went to southern Right To Work states, so American workers are still benefitting. The headquarters are still located in Ohio, though, providing revenue to both areas.. :thumbs:

Good morning, Jag2954. :2wave:

Sure, but we're discussing political semantics so I'm just illustrating that they don't have a clue but they never say so. Despite having a billion times more information than we do, there are a lot of things about which they are not so much clueless but conflicted. Unfortunately, to some degree, they have to please as many people as they can so they are rendered clueless because they can't balance out the gains and losses. But you'll never hear those words:)

If they quit worrying about pleasing as many people as they can, and simply do what is right by the Constitution, they could turn themselves into leaders instead of worthless idiots.

Obama was a lawyer, a constitutional law professor and a community activist making him a self made man. Whereas, Romney inherited his wealth and couldn't escape his elitism to identify with average americans.

Wow. Guess some just gotta keep kicking that party line down the street.

Out till later today. Daughter visiting for a week from Texas! Time to have fun!

Be well. :2wave:

Romney's leadership qualities are irrelevant. He might or might not have made a good POTUS, but we'll never know. And it doesn't matter. The question is why BHO is such a poor leader, not whether someone else is worse.:peace

How would you lead the irresolute cowards in the GOP? Their approval rating is at an all time low--8%.
They prefer to close down the government than to help our country. What a bunch of no-nothing wimps.
Even John McCain is coming to the President's aide. So don't blame our President because Washington is broken.

But you don't seem interested in taking up the actual substance of the discussion. Why?:peace

How did the captain of the Titanic Segway into the conversation?

How would you lead the irresolute cowards in the GOP? Their approval rating is at an all time low--8%.
They prefer to close down the government than to help our country. What a bunch of no-nothing wimps.
Even John McCain is coming to the President's aide. So don't blame our President because Washington is broken.

kuku would probably make more sense than lola ... just an observation.

Please, give your assessment of Congress.

I have read a total of 4 posts by you, all in this thread. I already know that 'discussion' is not something that would be worthwhile with you. Keep on with the party line, at least others will learn not to waste their time as well.

I have read a total of 4 posts by you, all in this thread. I already know that 'discussion' is not something that would be worthwhile with you. Keep on with the party line, at least others will learn not to waste their time as well.

Typical rhetoric for someone who cannot espouse for themselves. Blame game!

Specifically, how are you suffering?
As a citizen, I suffer when I see the black community turned into a war zone. I suffer when I see minority unemployment rates doubled. I struggle when my kids are in a combat zone at the nasty end of a pointed stick with absolutely zero leadership from the CiC. I struggle when my taxes go to paying for completely inept 'investment' by the Executive branch in failed 'green' energy companies (that just happened to be significant campaign contributors).

We ALL suffer the consequences of his dismal failure. The world leaders think he is a joke and have absolutely zero respect for him.

As a citizen, I suffer when I see the black community turned into a war zone. I suffer when I see minority unemployment rates doubled. I struggle when my kids are in a combat zone at the nasty end of a pointed stick with absolutely zero leadership from the CiC. I struggle when my taxes go to paying for completely inept 'investment' by the Executive branch in failed 'green' energy companies (that just happened to be significant campaign contributors).

We ALL suffer the consequences of his dismal failure. The world leaders think he is a joke and have absolutely zero respect for him.

Are you taking steps to curb the gang violence in South Chicago? In South Central L.A.?
The GOP's budget plans include deep cuts in education, which will cause a lot of suffering because without an education, the minorities, as you've cited, will not be able to fill job openings.
Our country suffers when Congress does nothing to help solve our immediate problems regarding our economy. How many times have they voted to repeal Obamacare? Is it 40 times now?
Instead of passing a jobs bill, they devote their time and energy to women's healthcare issues.
Thank Citizens United for significant campaign contributions, which do not have to be disclosed.

Stop filibustering and express your views about Congress. What's stopping you?

The thread is not about Congress. I understand you do not want to respond to the topic of the thread, this happens when someone is mindlessly partisan as you appear to be. But the attempt shift of topic is pretty transparent, as are your reasons. Now quit wasting our time and bandwidth on this thread.

Are you taking steps to curb the gang violence in South Chicago? In South Central L.A.?
The GOP's budget plans include deep cuts in education, which will cause a lot of suffering because without an education, the minorities, as you've cited, will not be able to fill job openings.
Our country suffers when Congress does nothing to help solve our immediate problems regarding our economy. How many times have they voted to repeal Obamacare? Is it 40 times now?
Instead of passing a jobs bill, they devote their time and energy to women's healthcare issues.
Thank Citizens United for significant campaign contributions, which do not have to be disclosed.
Im not the president of the country, am I? I am a private citizen. i am a business owner. I have secured my family, created a business, expanded investments, and provided opportunities for employees. I contribute to the community. I engage. I think I'm pretty much covered. And while you will continue to try to divert from the facts by mindless pointing the fingers at others you will not and cannot escape the FACT that the commander in chief...the chief executive of the country and the guy HIRED to lead is a dismal failure and that you and people like you continue to blindly support that worthless piece of ****.

You dont excuse the extreme failure of a coach to lead his team because the towel boys suck or because the past coach did a bad job. Well...not unless you are personally invested in keeping the POS as your coach without regard to what happens to the team.

The thread is not about Congress. I understand you do not want to respond to the topic of the thread, this happens when someone is mindlessly partisan as you appear to be. But the attempt shift of topic is pretty transparent, as are your reasons. Now quit wasting our time and bandwidth on this thread.

The thread is about "Is Obama Afraid to Lead?'
The questions leaves a wide-open field of debate; therefore, my argument is how does he lead a bunch of pansies?:
How are my posts wasting your time since you have the choice to scroll on by.
What exactly have you contributed other than a sack full of fluff?

Back
Top Bottom