• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is Jill Carroll still alive?

Do you believe Jill Carroll is still alive?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Cant say

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cherokee

Devil Dog
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I hope I'm wrong but I dont think she is still alive.

Paper renews bid for Carroll

Christian Science Monitor starts television campaign to seek the release of U.S. reporter.
BAGHDAD, Iraq -- The Christian Science Monitor has launched a campaign on Iraqi television stations, hoping to win the release of reporter Jill Carroll who was kidnapped in Iraq two months ago.

The newspaper's videotaped message appeared on the private Sharqiya television Wednesday afternoon, a day after it was first broadcast by state-run Iraqiya-TV, according to the Monitor.

Carroll, an Ann Arbor native and a free-lance writer for the paper, was kidnapped Jan. 7, in Baghdad's western Adl neighborhood. Her translator was killed in the attack.

The Monitor's Arabic-language plea for Carroll's release begins with a line of print that reads: "Please help with the release of journalist Jill Carroll."

Pictures of the reporter then appear on the screen, including one that shows her in an Islamic veil.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060309/NATION/603090319/1020

Last edited:
cherokee said:

Christian Science Monitor starts television campaign to seek the release of U.S. reporter.
BAGHDAD, Iraq -- The Christian Science Monitor has launched a campaign on Iraqi television stations, hoping to win the release of reporter Jill Carroll who was kidnapped in Iraq two months ago.

The newspaper's videotaped message appeared on the private Sharqiya television Wednesday afternoon, a day after it was first broadcast by state-run Iraqiya-TV, according to the Monitor.

Carroll, an Ann Arbor native and a free-lance writer for the paper, was kidnapped Jan. 7, in Baghdad's western Adl neighborhood. Her translator was killed in the attack.

The Monitor's Arabic-language plea for Carroll's release begins with a line of print that reads: "Please help with the release of journalist Jill Carroll."

Pictures of the reporter then appear on the screen, including one that shows her in an Islamic veil.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060309/NATION/603090319/1020

Quit exagertaing these bad stories! What about all of the reporters in Iraq that are alive! Why must you liberals, and your media accomplices only focus on the bad stuff? :roll:

Why just today, a new trailor was delivered to a Katrina victim....

/sarcasm off

cherokee said:

This is a very sad case and I say a prayer every night for Ms Carroll that she is still alive and will be released soon................It is a terrible nightmare that she is having to endure...........It further emphasizes the kind of scum we are dealing with in Iraq............

Back
Top Bottom