• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Iran a Greater Threat Than ISIS?

Is Iran a Greater Threat Than ISIS?

• Yes

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 62.5%

• Total voters
1. The regime change we brought about in Iraq removed a mortal enemy of Iran and put into power a corrupt and very friendly government government to Iran. This made Iran the most powerful Muslim nation in the Middle East.

So what if Iraq...under Saddam...was a mortal enemy of Iran? That didn't ever stop Iran from advancing it's agenda and actions. Actually, they are no more...or less...powerful now than before the fall of Saddam.

The rest of your post actually supports my last statement about the lack of action by various governments in containing Iran.

Bush, at least, had a plan to hem in Iran so that the US could put more pressure on them. Thanks to the piss poor foreign policy actions by Obama and his administration...especially Hillary...we now find ourselves in the position we are in now: Iran STILL being the danger that Bush told us about and Al Qaeda and its offshoots and ISIS making bigger moves and even threatening more terrorist attacks here in the US.

For clarification, I only mentioned that you "liked" his post so he would know where to find your user name if he wanted to PM you to ask. It had nothing to do with whether you agreed or not with his post or how I did or did not feel about that. I can't think of anything that you would do that would offend me. I know where you're coming from and as you've known for the years we've posted on this and other boards, we have a unique relationship that allows me to have a high regard for you that others may not that do not know you like I do.

Presuming your post is accurate... so what? The world supported Iraq having a military before the Iran war, and the US supported Iraq against Iran. The "dual-use pesticides" is a load of crap.

So, agreeing that Saddam have a military before the war and helping him during the war (prior to his first of two genocides) is the primary driver for events 30 years later how? Why do you ignore the genocides and mass graves and instead blame the West for supporting Iraq before it was the Saddam we know.

That's interesting! I missed that. I too wonder what Canada knows.

Canada and Iran have been in a diplomatic war since we harbored American agents in the hostage crisis.

From Wiki:

That isn't likely the full story, but notice Canada closed its embassy and kicked Iranians out just five days before the attack in Benghazi, and had put ALL Canadian missions on high alert. Canadian Irani's though say there is way more to this, that Canada is well aware of Iran's backing of terrorists. Canada has objected to and opposed Obama's removal of sanctions and the restoration of monies in a very rare move of openly disagreeing with a sitting president.

In the short time Isis is more dangerous but in the long time Iran most likely is a bigger danger.

I guess that's assuming we can do the same job of decimating the Islamic State that we did at decimating Al Qaeda.

Clinton had so much disregard for Al Qaeda that he passed up chances to take out bin Laden...resulting in 9/11.

Oh dear, you too don't know why OBL attacked us on 9/11.

Great points!

The "dual-use pesticides" is a load of crap.
ye, as always

Iraqi chemical weapons program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Got the point of the hypocrisy now?!

Oh dear, you too don't know why OBL attacked us on 9/11.

If you think bin Laden, ISIS and Iran would be no danger to the US...or anyone else...if we would only be nice people, then you are hopelessly naive about the real world.

If you think bin Laden, ISIS and Iran would be no danger to the US...or anyone else...if we would only be nice people, then you are hopelessly naive about the real world.

Right, you don't know why OBL attacked us on 9/11.

Recently Netanuahu stated at the UN General Assembly that Iran is a greater threat than ISIS. Do you agree with this statement?
Video can be found here: [h=1]Netanyahu: Iran poses greater threat than Islamic State[/h]

Iran has a messed up government that really keeps throwing a wrench into things, but is Iran in general a greater threat than ISIS? Hell no. Iran is potentially one of the greatest allies we could have in the region.

Neither article even mentions the US.
The United States exported $500 million of dual use exports to Iraq that were approved by the Commerce Department. Among them were advanced computers, some of which were used in Iraq’s nuclear program.

The so-called hypocrisy is just a false narrative you push (with unrelated links) to demonize the US.
:shock:

Here's how debates work:

You make a point you at least back it up with a link. You don't say look it up or it's common knowledge. If you're too lazy to post a link than it must not be that important.

Here's how debates work:

You make a point you at least back it up with a link. You don't say look it up or it's common knowledge. If you're too lazy to post a link than it must not be that important.

You know, you're right - this part of the debate is not that important to me, and if trying to convince you of something you would not believe anyway were important to me, I would take the time to jump through those hoops, but... it isn't. It isn't that I'm lazy, it's that of all the things in my life that are important enough for me to spent an hour or more of my time doing, putting together a list to educate others on what should be obvious to anyone that follows international relations, this doesn't even make the list.

No disrespect intended, but this subject is not that important to me (not saying that you are not, it's just that the subject is not). I just responded to the OP because - well, it took all of 10 seconds to do so, and that was the last I thought I would be involved.

So what's your point? This source I read on associated with the post and I believe museum didn't have them deployed there.

The link shows the 10th group stationed at Fort Devens.

:shock:

You failed to prove the US provided any arms to Iraq (there was not even MENTION of the US in the article you cited) and your "dual use" is BS. Spare us the Alex Jones crap.

You failed to prove the US provided any arms to Iraq (there was not even MENTION of the US in the article you cited) and your "dual use" is BS. Spare us the Alex Jones crap.
okay then.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…