• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is christianity altered ?

mustafa

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I have a question .... It's true that Jesus found christianity but isn't it someone else that has mainly developed christianity ( forgot his name) ????
someone who is not a prophet ....IF that's true , are you OK with the fact that your religion has been altered by someone who isn't a messanger from god ... and since he is a mere human , who has his mistakes and flaws , doesn't it make you feel a bit skeptisim about if some preaching are really from god .....

mustafa said:
I have a question .... It's true that Jesus [founded] christianity but isn't it someone else that has mainly developed christianity ...?

First, The Messiah of Scripture did not found *any* religion. Rather, Torah was here when He got here, and He both observed it and taught His followers to do likewise.

Constantine seems to be the originator of Christianity, but Sha'ul (Paul, New Testament) is occasionally also accused of doing that.

Overall, I would say Constantine made a bad "soup" and many since have "messed it up" even worse by trying to make its poop palatable.

Last edited:
leejosepho said:
First, The Messiah of Scripture did not found *any* religion. Rather, Torah was here when He got here, and He both observed it and taught His followers to do likewise.

Constantine seems to be the originator of Christianity, but Sha'ul (Paul, New Testament) is occasionally also accused of doing that.

Overall, I would say Constantine made a bad "soup" and many since have "messed it up" even worse by trying to make its poop palatable.
Hmmmm ... and who is constantine ... he isn't a prophet right ?
So are you saying that christianity is not a religion from god ???
So the originator of christianity is a mere human (provided he is not a prophet)???

mustafa said:
Hmmmm ... and who is constantine ... he isn't a prophet right ?

First, please know I do not claim to know a thorough history of all of this in precise detail. Rather, I am here simply attempting to pass along a general knowledge I have gained through a combination of the hearing and reading of a wide variety of sources and some personal experience over the past twenty years or so.

In whatever century, Constantine was a (Roman?) ruler at some level, and he (either by edict or on his own) essentially "combined" two or more "religions", so to speak, into "Christianity" ... such as by imposing pagan holidays like Christmas and Easter over Torah Feasts like Passover and First Fruits or whatever. For the "Messianic Hebrew" at that time, I believe compliance was imposed under threat of death ... while pagans danced, of course. Whether or not Constantine was a prophet would to me depend upon one's definition of "prophet", as he was certainly not a righteous one.

mustafa said:
So are you saying that christianity is not a religion from god ???
So the originator of christianity is a mere human ...

I do not call YHWH "God", but yes, that is what I am saying. Torah was established long before The Messiah was here, and He said it would not pass away until heaven and earth had passed away ...

... and whether in one or on the other, here we still are, eh?!

So does that mean christianity is the wrong religion to follow ?
Because I don't think anyone will agree to follow preachings from a mere human like him ?
Because that means christianity isn't from god (not that I believe so)
therefore why should christians follow something a simple human being like them who has his mistakes and flaws teachings ?

Last edited:
mustafa said:
Because I don't think anyone will agree to follow preachings from a mere human like him ?
Because that means christianity isn't from god (not that I believe so)
therefore why should christians follow something a simple human being like them who has his mistakes and flaws teachings ?

I think ALL religions are the "wrong religion to follow" Yours included.

We'd be much better off following "mere humans" who preach brotherly love than imaginary beings who are vengeful, capricious and arbitrary.

mustafa said:

At least in this part ...

MiamiFlorida said:
I think ALL religions are the "wrong religion to follow" ...

... and with this exception ...

"Clean and undefiled religion before the Elohim and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world" (James 1:27) ...

... I agree with Miami.

mustafa said:

If by "him" you mean to refer to the one I call "The Messiah", His teachings were completely in line with what "The Father" had already established. In other words, and even if He actually was but a "mere human", He taught nothing actually "new" or "different", just clarified. But yes, there are many people who quite willingly agree to follow the "preachings" of whoever it actually is that they call "Jesus" ... possibly meaning something like "Zeus's horse", by the way.

mustafa said:
Because that means christianity isn't from god (not that I believe so) therefore why should christians follow something a simple human being like them who has his mistakes and flaws teachings ?

The "mistakes and flaws" in Christianity certainly *did* come from one or more mere men, but not from The Messiah of Scripture. Hence, your seeming belief that Christianity is *not* from "God" is correct.

care to exaplin Miami? Why do you think the Christianity is wrong to follow?

Back
Top Bottom