• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is CHRIST about ready to Rapture HIS Church?

Given the lack of empirical evidence and your inability to support your claims, my conclusion is religious based claims are just BS stories and not to be taken seriously and you lack any credibility for your claims.
Empirical evidence is information acquired by observation or experimentation. Scientists record and analyze this data. The process is a central part of the scientific method.

Now, as far as I can tell, no scientist has ever created biological life from inert materials. There is neither observation or experimental proof. And no one has ever created another universe, nor observed this one's beginning. So, it would seem that some scientists infer as much (if not more) than do Christians -- who experience GOD's presence in their lives, and who have demonstrated personal differences that friends, relatives, and acquaintances often pick up on (which would be an observation).

Empirical evidence is information acquired by observation or experimentation. Scientists record and analyze this data. The process is a central part of the scientific method.

Now, as far as I can tell, no scientist has ever created biological life from inert materials. There is neither observation or experimental proof. And no one has ever created another universe, nor observed this one's beginning. So, it would seem that some scientists infer as much (if not more) than do Christians -- who experience GOD's presence in their lives, and who have demonstrated personal differences that friends, relatives, and acquaintances often pick up on (which would be an observation).

And until we have some kind of observation of this universe’s beginning, the correct answer is to say “I don’t know”, not “Goddidit”.

And until we have some kind of observation of this universe’s beginning, the correct answer is to say “I don’t know”, not “Goddidit”.
I know of no atheist scientist that will do that and let it go. They have to teach/present something, so that their careers don't appear wasteful.

I know of no atheist scientist that will do that and let it go. They have to teach/present something, so that their careers don't appear wasteful.

Nah- once they do that, there is going to be an even more interesting question: what came before that?

For every question we have answered in science, it usually opens up 10 new follow-up ones. An answer to something like this would be at least a Nobel Prize and thousands of follow-up questions would follow up. Scientists know this. That's how science grows. Scientists' careers are in no danger any time soon.

You mean they have to do research, which they do, but presently there are no conclusive answers to what was before the universe or even if “before the universe” makes any sense.

You mean they have to do research, which they do, but presently there are no conclusive answers to what was before the universe or even if “before the universe” makes any sense.
Not all scientists do all their OWN research. They like others, depend on the convenient "research" and opinions of others that they assume is correct.

Not all scientists do all their OWN research. They like others, depend on the convenient "research" and opinions of others that they assume is correct.

If you think scientific research is ever “convenient”, that tells me you’ve never actually read a scientific paper in your life.

If you think scientific research is ever “convenient”, that tells me you’ve never actually read a scientific paper in your life.
I never said that the research was convenient, I'm indicating that unless someone starts at square one and reviews ALL previous research, he is resting on the foundation constructed by others.

I never said that the research was convenient, I'm indicating that unless someone starts at square one and reviews ALL previous research, he is resting on the foundation constructed by others.

The foundation that has been subject to extensive review, retesting, and verification.

Back
Top Bottom