• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is atheism a religion?

Eichen said:
Calling atheism a religion is like calling bald a hair color.

A beleif there is, (or is not), a god based on no prooveable evidence is a belief soley in faith! A belief that God does not likely exist due to lack of proveable information is logic based! Atheism says, "No evidence exists so therefore no god exists! Agnostics say, "No evidence exits so we have no reason to believe god exists! It's unknowable!

Last edited:
Mr. D said:
A beleif there is, (or is not), a god based on no prooveable evidence is a belief soley in faith! A belief that God does not likely exist due to lack of proveable information is logic based! Atheism says, "No evidence exists so therefore no god exists! Agnostics say, "No evidence exits so we have no reason to believe god exists! It's unknowable!

So what are you getting at? I admit it requires a miniscule amount of belief, but in no way, shape or form is atheism a religion. Dude, non-beleif is natural, it dosen't become a belief until it is proven with evidence. I believe the sun will rise and set everday. It is proven. No faith required. Hundreds of years ago, the public believed that the earth was flat. That was proven wrong with evidence. I don't have faith that the world is round, I believe it, because it is proven.

kal-el said:
So what are you getting at? I admit it requires a miniscule amount of belief, but in no way, shape or form is atheism a religion. Dude, non-beleif is natural, it dosen't become a belief until it is proven with evidence. I believe the sun will rise and set everday. It is proven. No faith required. Hundreds of years ago, the public believed that the earth was flat. That was proven wrong with evidence. I don't have faith that the world is round, I believe it, because it is proven.

As you said, what you believe in has been shown to have some degree of evidence! To set the direction and actions of a life based on the "belief" there is no god with absolutely no evidence requires faith in that assumption being correct! Faith in a belief without evidence = religious belief! My type of agnostic does not say there is no god, but rather I don't know because the only very, slight indication I have to bear on the subject is that Man did not evidently create himself and the Universe! So, I don't know if there is a god or not and have accepted that will not change in my lifetime!
:confused:

Dude! Did you call me Dude, you young whipper snapper? J/K

Back
Top Bottom