• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

iPhone 4

The biggest flaw of the ipad is that I cannot stick a frickin usb stick or sd card in it and copy files.

Seriously, whats the point in having a computer if you cannot use it like its a computer?

Had totally forgot that part.. Yea, and that there is no camera.. wth, even my 3 year old phone has a camera.

As for the OS.. it is pretty good, but yes it does have its flaws... as it is more closed than Windows lol, and developing an app for it is pretty hard (at least getting it approved).

Oh, and no multitasking.. wth!

But I stand by my comment that the idea is a good one. I am looking forward to Andriod based or even Windows based pads at a reasonable price.

Had totally forgot that part.. Yea, and that there is no camera.. wth, even my 3 year old phone has a camera.

As for the OS.. it is pretty good, but yes it does have its flaws... as it is more closed than Windows lol, and developing an app for it is pretty hard (at least getting it approved).

Oh, and no multitasking.. wth!

But I stand by my comment that the idea is a good one. I am looking forward to Andriod based or even Windows based pads at a reasonable price.

Android Pad

Archos 7 Home Tablet review -- Engadget

Last edited:
Hardly a qualified competitor atm.. the Android system is ancient.

It was the best I could find. I don't know if its updatable to 2.1.

It was the best I could find. I don't know if its updatable to 2.1.

It aint, and I knew about it already hehe. ASUS and a few others are coming out with some great machines.. but price will decide that. These machines are far more powerful than Ipad, with a camera and USB plugs, and much more... including multi-tasking.

The biggest flaw of the ipad is that I cannot stick a frickin usb stick or sd card in it and copy files.

Seriously, whats the point in having a computer if you cannot use it like its a computer?

Apple wants to treat it like a content delivery device.

If you want quality and something that gives you more for your money, then i recommend VAIO, Dell or Alienware machines. I DO NOT recommend Toshiba or HP machines down to the sheer ugliness of there model's and unreliable performance and price. I do not recommend Dell inspiron machines because Dell has this newfound love with Intel chipsets which ruin the gaming experience. Alienware offers a laptop with PC type peripherals like a good graphics card, processor and large HD space. VAIO is just downright reliable. Its the toyota of the PC industry. These are just my opinions, however.

I don't have any problems with my Toshiba.

I don't have any problems with my Toshiba.

Is it the harmon/kardon sattelite series? Then your lucky. I've always encountered endless performance problems with Toshiba's and the problem is exasperated by Vista, although 7 seems to iron out most of the issues.

Is it the harmon/kardon sattelite series? Then your lucky. I've always encountered endless performance problems with Toshiba's and the problem is exasperated by Vista, although 7 seems to iron out most of the issues.

Yes, it is.

Yes, it is.

My typical experience with Sattelites are slow start up speeds, the video driver is screwed up when you first install it (you get messages about the computer blocking intel files for safety reasons although you can disable that with msconfig) and some of the sattelite models make it hard pressed for a user not to accidentally press a touch-sensitive media button, which is annoyingly located below the keyboard beside the touchpad.

My typical experience with Sattelites are slow start up speeds, the video driver is screwed up when you first install it (you get messages about the computer blocking intel files for safety reasons although you can disable that with msconfig) and some of the sattelite models make it hard pressed for a user not to accidentally press a touch-sensitive media button, which is annoyingly located below the keyboard beside the touchpad.

I don't have any of those problems.

What OS are you using?
Well thats unusual, but as i said, its my typical experience, and unfortunately i have to work with a lot of Toshiba and HP laptops.

I use Vista.

Zyphlin said:
You mean the fawning media that makes Apple out as the god of everything?

You mean people like engadget which are continually accused of Apple Bias after they gushed over the iPhoneGS as the "best phone on the market", gushed over the iPad, and gushed over the iPhone4 about it being the "best phone on the market"? Yes, its obvious they have a bone to pick with Apple and are looking to screw them by stating they have members of their staff who have experienced this issue. Evil media.

Media outlets attach to controversy in order to get ratings. This is no different. All smart phones have this problem, which isn't really that big of a deal if you don't hold your phone like an idiot. I'm no Apple fanboy (besides my iPhone I own a shuffle and that's it), but this is all unfounded.

Media outlets attach to controversy in order to get ratings. This is no different. All smart phones have this problem, which isn't really that big of a deal if you don't hold your phone like an idiot. I'm no Apple fanboy (besides my iPhone I own a shuffle and that's it), but this is all unfounded.

Well....if this was true, then the media are not doing their job since the new Iphone OS is making older model IPhones unusable according to what I have seen.

steve_bill.jpg

You do know APC Index Mismatch Error's happen when a driver is incompatible or is unable to deal with power state transitions? Update your BIOS and you should be fine if the latter is the case. It could also be a firewire problem (do you have a camera attached or some sort of external peripheral)? External sound cards cause these problems (especially M-Audio NRV10 units).

All in all it has nothing to do with Windows 7 but your devices. Im happy as hell with Windows 7. And you can go extremely light too, with Windows Starter (works great on mini-PC's).

Umm...of course I KNOW that...thats why I SAID that. Its kind of a PROBLEM when software you rely on and used with Vista are no longer driver compatible.

Back
Top Bottom