• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inversion of Key U.S. Yield Curve Slice Is a Recession Alarm

So any magical solutions to inflation with no drawbacks?
Pursuing pie-in-the-sky answers because you don't understand the problem, and/or because you're just want to post something partisan?

The GOP can cut the pork from the Biden administration with the caveat that they take the House this fall.
Encourage the federal reserve to increase interest rates... (long overdue)
Then why historically have not not done that when they are in charge? It's just another of a long list of supposed con values that they do not actually follow.

and by cut pork you mean social security nets for poor and disadvantaged, right?

How about reduced spending? Since Democrats run the House, Senate and WH, what's their solution?
Since the GOP never actually does that I was wondering what real solutions they will have.

Since the GOP never actually does that I was wondering what real solutions they will have.
Too much money in the market chasing too little goods. Stop printing money for a while, and reduce government spending.

Then why historically have not not done that when they are in charge? It's just another of a long list of supposed con values that they do not actually follow.

and by cut pork you mean social security nets for poor and disadvantaged, right?

We didn't have inflation when they were in charge.

Carry on...

Look to the combined actions of congress/the president and the federal reserve, not in 2020 but in 2021. The hardship brought to millions of low income and fixed income citizens for the sake of political gain should be considered criminal.
your post was as clear as mud

would you please elaborate what specific actions were taken by the 2021 congress and president biden, which actions brought hardship to millions of low- and fixed-income citizens

until you share that, your post can only be viewed as a baseless rant

Fortunately the unemployment numbers are near rock-bottom, so this economy has some room to give to tackle inflation.

My worry is that the fed is going to overcompensate like they did in the late 70s.
[emphasis added by bubba]

what you see as over-compensation i view as necessary action to stem the tide of massive inflation

the problem only looms larger the longer it takes for the fed to introduce the limited anti-inflationary tools it has to weild
the amount of economic pain that must be endured increases with time as well

Have a nice day...
why did you avoid answering this question addressed to you:
... what solutions do you and the Republican traitors you support offer? ...
i would be interested to learn what steps the GQP would take to return inflation to previous levels. please share your thoughts about that

Fortunately the unemployment numbers are near rock-bottom, so this economy has some room to give to tackle inflation.

My worry is that the fed is going to overcompensate like they did in the late 70s.

That’s my only concern, too.

Otherwise, I’m not worried at all.

Business is booming. Dispite the whining from the old guys who listen to right wing talk radio all day long.

Unemployment is so low that it’s literally a seller’s market.

And oil prices will fall once the Ukrainian War is over, or stabilizes. There are no shortages.

The logistics crisis is still with us, and that will drive inflation (as similar economic displacements drove inflation after WWI and WWII. But this will pass.

why did you avoid answering this question addressed to you:

i would be interested to learn what steps the GQP would take to return inflation to previous levels. please share your thoughts about that

I don't answer questions thinly veiled as sophomoric insults.

I've already shared my opinion on what I think is needed to curb inflation. Read it or skip it. I don't care.

I don't answer questions thinly veiled as sophomoric insults.

I've already shared my opinion on what I think is needed to curb inflation. Read it or skip it. I don't care.
then i can only conclude that you have nothing of value to provide to substantiate your baseless opinion previously rendered

i did want to offer you an opportunity to show us that there was something which supported your conclusion. but it is your choice not to defend your weak argument

then i can only conclude that you have nothing of value to provide to substantiate your baseless opinion previously rendered

i did want to offer you an opportunity to show us that there was something which supported your conclusion. but it is your choice not to defend your weak argument

How does it feel to be wrong again? See (post #24).

your post was as clear as mud

would you please elaborate what specific actions were taken by the 2021 congress and president biden, which actions brought hardship to millions of low- and fixed-income citizens

until you share that, your post can only be viewed as a baseless rant

I guess you do not keep up to date on fiscal and monetary actions. The combination of huge stimulus through both budget deficits and the Fed's both growing their balance sheet and keeping interest rates at near zero are a big factor in the inflation we are now experiencing. Inflation in food, energy and rents has a disproportionate adverse impact on low income and fixed income citizens.

Hope this help explain my previous post.

Pursuing pie-in-the-sky answers because you don't understand the problem, and/or because you're just want to post something partisan?

I've been yet to be presented with any solution to inflation that doesn't involve potential drawbacks.

Do you have any?

How about reduced spending?

Tricky... Sure on its own sounds good.

But here's what I'm willing to bet happens, what is to be cut?

Spending that will impact the most vulnerable in society... WHILST giving tax cuts to the wealthy... Again.

Not Military spending as an example.

So not only will raising interest rates smash the working and middle class but also probably you'd advocate for spending cuts to the most vulnerable in society and then you'd complain about the rise in homelessness, drug abuse and societal issues that came from it.

ah the last refuge of a pathetic argument-throwing the race card. One can be a racist even if they throw the race card themselves.

I'm not the one who spent years calling Obama the "affirmative action President" nor advocated for stripping the poor of voting rights because you don't see a human being as valuable unless they have money.

I guess you do not keep up to date on fiscal and monetary actions.
no, i don't
The combination of huge stimulus through both budget deficits and the Fed's both growing their balance sheet and keeping interest rates at near zero are a big factor in the inflation we are now experiencing.
ok. ^ that is cause for another question. in what way was this different in the 2021 congress with a biden presidency than the 2020 congress with tRump as president
you made a point to distinguish between those two years; so, what did those elements of government do differently in 2021 than 2020 which resulted in a spike in the inflation rate
Inflation in food, energy and rents has a disproportionate adverse impact on low income and fixed income citizens.
what areas of inflation do not have a disproportionate adverse impact on the low/fixed income citizens
Hope this help explain my previous post.
your answers to the above questions may offer the explanation i was seeking

no, i don't

ok. ^ that is cause for another question. in what way was this different in the 2021 congress with a biden presidency than the 2020 congress with tRump as president
you made a point to distinguish between those two years; so, what did those elements of government do differently in 2021 than 2020 which resulted in a spike in the inflation rate

what areas of inflation do not have a disproportionate adverse impact on the low/fixed income citizens

your answers to the above questions may offer the explanation i was seeking

As for the question about 2020 I do not defend Trump nor the federal reserve. That being said we shut down the economy due to the pandemic thus we needed to have a huge bailout of the country. In 2021 we were in the process of re-opening the economy so the added stimulus was less necessary. The actions of the Fed were nuts and the words of the Chairman that inflation was transitory complete B.S.

Inflation overall is called the "cruelest tax" for a reason. It hurts the poor more as the income is already totally used to survive. I used the examples above as they most directly impact daily living.

I've been yet to be presented with any solution to inflation that doesn't involve potential drawbacks.

Do you have any?

Tricky... Sure on its own sounds good.

But here's what I'm willing to bet happens, what is to be cut?

Spending that will impact the most vulnerable in society... WHILST giving tax cuts to the wealthy... Again.

Not Military spending as an example.

So not only will raising interest rates smash the working and middle class but also probably you'd advocate for spending cuts to the most vulnerable in society and then you'd complain about the rise in homelessness, drug abuse and societal issues that came from it.

I'm not the one who spent years calling Obama the "affirmative action President" nor advocated for stripping the poor of voting rights because you don't see a human being as valuable unless they have money.
no evidence of racism calling them how I see them. you also are lying-there is a difference between someone having value versus being able to help dictate what others tax dollars are done with. Children are valuable-don't want them voting

Back
Top Bottom