• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Internment camps

milkrun

Reaction score
When Japan attacked America at Pearl, we felt the need to confine all the people who were from that nation in internment camps until the war was over.

Should we not consider doing the same to Muslims who enjoy our freedom and prosperity and also may be conspiring to destroy us?

Are we not the most open society in the world? Anyone can blow up anything without much trouble. But we now know that Muslims have declared war(jhad) against us and we do nothing to stop them.

It most likely will get much worse unless we do something about these people living within our borders. I say, round them up and put them somewhere under constant supervision until the leaders of this war surrender.

OMG! Please say you are joking.

Naughty Nurse said:
OMG! Please say you are joking.
It is people like you who make us all at risk. You refuse to even discuss the issue. I assure you that this issue has been discussed in Washington by people at very high levels.

A war against America is the top priority of Islamic radicals. They are spreading their message to more and more people every day.

Do we ignore it or do something to protect our country?

milkrun said:
Do we ignore it or do something to protect our country?
Your country and Naughty Nurse's are an ocean apart.

I say, round them up and put them somewhere under constant supervision until the leaders of this war surrender.
And what leaders are these?

milkrun said:
When Japan attacked America at Pearl, we felt the need to confine all the people who were from that nation in internment camps until the war was over.
Turns out that was unAmerican and illegal.
milkrun said:
Should we not consider doing the same to Muslims who enjoy our freedom and prosperity and also may be conspiring to destroy us?
We shoud limit it to those who are conspiring to destroy us.
milkrun said:
Anyone can blow up anything without much trouble.
It's harder than you seem to think.
milkrun said:
But we now know that Muslims have declared war(jhad) against us and we do nothing to stop them.
Since it's just some Muslims, and especially since some Muslims are us, why should we waste our limited resuorces hassling with all of the Muslims in the US?
This is serious business.
We don't have time to be playing games with people who're not involved.
milkrun said:
I say, round them up and put them somewhere under constant supervision until the leaders of this war surrender.
There are no 'leaders to surrender' in the sense that many past wars had them. Islamist terrorism is somewhat 'franchised'.

So, all in all, your idea is a wasteful, inefficient and counterproductive one that is both illegal and unAmerican.

Last edited:
Simon W. Moon said:
Turns out that was unAmerican and illegal.
We shoud limit it to those who are conspiring to destroy us.
It's harder than you seem to think.
Since it's just some Muslims, and especially since some Muslims are us, why should we waste our limited resuorces hassling with all of the Muslims in the US?
This is serious business.
We don't have time to be playing games with people who're not involved.
There are no 'leaders to surrender' in the sense that many past wars had them. Islamist terrorism is somewhat 'franchised'.

So, all in all, your idea is a wasteful, inefficient and counterproductive one that is both illegal and unAmerican.
In war, nothing is illegal. And it sounds like you are another one of the liberal wimps who refuse to do anything for fear of offending someone. When your friends or relatives are blown to bits by a Muslim fanatic, we'll see what your attitude is about Islam.

These people fight like cowards. Blowing up innocent civilans going shopping. Why don't they come out and fight like men, face to face, instead of hiding behind women and children like cowards.

milkrun said:
In war, nothing is illegal.

Wrong

milkrun said:
These people fight like cowards. Blowing up innocent civilans going shopping. Why don't they come out and fight like men, face to face, instead of hiding behind women and children like cowards.

Substitute GWB for "These people", and apply it to Iraq.

milkrun said:
When your friends or relatives are blown to bits by a Muslim fanatic, we'll see what your attitude is about Islam.

No, he'll hate the individuals who comitted such a cowardly act, but he'll be intelligent enough not to have negative feelings towards the majority of moderate moslems.
I was once mugged by two black guys. It didn't give me negative feelings about black guys. I'm now sleeping with one. I loath and despise the guys who robbed me and inflicted physical violence upon me. I take all other black people on an individual basis. You have a view of Islam which is based on the actions of a minority. It's a highly unintelligent approach.

milkrun said:
In war, nothing is illegal.
What information did you use to reach this conclusion?
milkrun said:
And it sounds like you are another one of the liberal wimps who refuse to do anything for fear of offending someone.
That may be because there's something wrong with your hearing.
Are you one of those people who think that our Founding Fathers and our Constitutional rights are too liberal?
milkrun said:
When your friends or relatives are blown to bits by a Muslim fanatic, we'll see what your attitude is about Islam.
Btw, are we talking about me instead of the topic at hand because you're incapable of actual debate?

Back
Top Bottom