• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Interesting data on case counts in the US and a number of other developed countries.

The higher death rate is largely a result of the US having a lower vaccination rate (it's obviously not because of a higher case rate).

The lower vaccination rate is the result of individuals taking their own risk decision regarding whether to get vaccinated to protect THEMSELVES. The fact that our case rate is lower despite there being a lower vaccination rate is a factor weighing against vaccine mandates as a measure to protect OTHERS.

States with lower vax rates have higher case rates. States with higher vax rates have lower case rates. It all averages out to a lower COVID case rate, despite that so many people in a number of states refuse to vax. States with mandates have a lower case rate. So, the lower case rate is a result of people vaxxing, whether to protect themselves, or others, or both.

All other things being equal, I'd rather be the country in which people get to decide what risks they will take with their own health, rather than having that dictated to them by the government.

Right. You'd rather see more people die and suffer then follow health and safety guidelines.

States with lower vax rates have higher case rates. States with higher vax rates have lower case rates. It all averages out to a lower COVID case rate, despite that so many people in a number of states refuse to vax. States with mandates have a lower case rate. So, the lower case rate is a result of people vaxxing, whether to protect themselves, or others, or both.

States with higher vax rates also generally had more restrictions in place. But your claim isn't really true. Compare CA and TX for instance, not to mention all the countries we were talking about.

Right. You'd rather see more people die and suffer then follow health and safety guidelines.

I'd rather see people decide for themselves, all things being equal, just like they do for lots of other things.

States with higher vax rates also generally had more restrictions in place. But your claim isn't really true. Compare CA and TX for instance, not to mention all the countries we were talking about.

I'd rather see people decide for themselves, all things being equal, just like they do for lots of other things.

To clarify, I'm not speaking of every single state, but those states described as an avg, which I did say.

All things are not equalized, though. You treat the COVID vax diff than other vax, such as the ones given to children to merely attend school. So, all things being equal, you want parents to decide whether or not their children are vaxxed at all for anything.

To clarify, I'm not speaking of every single state, but those states described as an avg, which I did say.

All things are not equalized, though. You treat the COVID vax diff than other vax, such as the ones given to children to merely attend school. So, all things being equal, you want parents to decide whether or not their children are vaxxed at all for anything.

That's not even close to what I said.

That's not even close to what I said.

Then please clarify for my edification. Are you saying we should accept some vax that save lives, but not all? Or what?

Back
Top Bottom