• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Instead of Spilling to Woodward Shouldn't Trump Have Told All This To Fauci?

But then why didn't Trump say to the public in briefing, "Oh come on, folks, don't you recognize BS-ing when you hear it?

Because Trump is incapable of admitting to a mistake.

Because Trump is incapable of admitting to a mistake.

I don't think that's admitting a mistake. I think that's a typical 5-layer cake of Trump BS baked right inside that oven between his ears.

Yeah ... Fauci was definitely kept out of the loop in January ...

ERueFWcXYAEcq2x

Of course he wasn't out of the loop, he was on the team that warned Trump about the virus.

It doesn't make sense to me. Republican strategists and campaign directors are criticizing Fauci for telling the American people in the early days of the pandemic that masks were not necessary. Yet we know now from the Woodward tapes that Trump knew as early as January that he was facing a monumental medical crisis--the worst crisis of his presidency. One of his aides had compared it to the 1918 Spanish flu as early as January according to Woodward.

The question that comes to my mind is "Didn't Trump have a duty for the safety of the American people to disclose to his task force just how serious the virus really was?" Was the task force apprised of the dangers Trump outlined to Woodward: that it was spread through the air and that it was "deadlier than the most strenuous flu" (Trump's words)?

I think if Fauci had been told how deadly the Coronavirus was he would never have said "You don't needs masks" in February. It makes sense in light of Fauci's naive statement that he simply had not been briefed by Trump on how deadly the virus was, yet here is Trump spilling all this delicate information to a news reporter in early February! :shock: These Republican strategists keep using the phrase "the fog of war" to defend Trump's lackadaisical response in the early days of the pandemic, like Trump didn't know how dangerous the virus was so how could he implement any policy for it? The tapes make clear he did know how deadly the virus was yet he chose to "play it down".

If you're wondering why Trump spilled the beans to Woodward and why his staff allowed it, you really have to ask them.

In all likely hood Fauci knew about it and was restricted from talking about it

Of course he wasn't out of the loop, he was on the team that warned Trump about the virus.

My sarcastic response was to a poster's assumption that Fauci knew squat about the virus ... "I think if Fauci had been told how deadly the Coronavirus was ...".

But thanks for confirming my sarcastic post. :)

In all likely hood Fauci knew about it and was restricted from talking about it

Possibly. I have this image in my mind of Fauci dancing around the stage at a press conference singing, "I know a secret, I know a secret!"

More staggering tape from Woodward that makes me think Trump was BS-ing Woodward just to yank his chain:

Trump: “This thing is a killer if it gets you. If you’re the wrong person, you don’t have a chance.

Woodward: "Yes. Yes, exactly"

Trump: "So this rips you apart."

Woodward: "This is a scourge, and--"

Trump: "It is the plague."

This is not medical opinion Trump is spouting here. It's just his usual super-hyperbole, magnifying something out of all proportion. "No country has ever seen the kind of progress we've made....." "Nothing like it has ever been accomplished under my administration..." "We've done the greatest job on the economy of any administration in history..." and other such nonsensical babblings. You know them. (Note, these are not actual quotes, just examples of Trump's hyperbole)

It doesn't make sense to me. Republican strategists and campaign directors are criticizing Fauci for telling the American people in the early days of the pandemic that masks were not necessary. Yet we know now from the Woodward tapes that Trump knew as early as January that he was facing a monumental medical crisis--the worst crisis of his presidency. One of his aides had compared it to the 1918 Spanish flu as early as January according to Woodward.

The question that comes to my mind is "Didn't Trump have a duty for the safety of the American people to disclose to his task force just how serious the virus really was?" Was the task force apprised of the dangers Trump outlined to Woodward: that it was spread through the air and that it was "deadlier than the most strenuous flu" (Trump's words)?

I think if Fauci had been told how deadly the Coronavirus was he would never have said "You don't needs masks" in February. It makes sense in light of Fauci's naive statement that he simply had not been briefed by Trump on how deadly the virus was, yet here is Trump spilling all this delicate information to a news reporter in early February! :shock: These Republican strategists keep using the phrase "the fog of war" to defend Trump's lackadaisical response in the early days of the pandemic, like Trump didn't know how dangerous the virus was so how could he implement any policy for it? The tapes make clear he did know how deadly the virus was yet he chose to "play it down".

SIAP. Wasn't it Fauci that said one of the reasons why the CDC didn't demand the wearing of masks early on was because of the panic it would create?

Possibly. I have this image in my mind of Fauci dancing around the stage at a press conference singing, "I know a secret, I know a secret!"

More staggering tape from Woodward that makes me think Trump was BS-ing Woodward just to yank his chain:

Trump: “This thing is a killer if it gets you. If you’re the wrong person, you don’t have a chance.

Woodward: "Yes. Yes, exactly"

Trump: "So this rips you apart."

Woodward: "This is a scourge, and--"

Trump: "It is the plague."

This is not medical opinion Trump is spouting here. It's just his usual super-hyperbole, magnifying something out of all proportion. "No country has ever seen the kind of progress we've made....." "Nothing like it has ever been accomplished under my administration..." "We've done the greatest job on the economy of any administration in history..." and other such nonsensical babblings. You know them. (Note, these are not actual quotes, just examples of Trump's hyperbole)

Trump does hyperbole of course but I sure Trump knew about the danger of the virus downplayed it and required federal agencies including the CDC to downplay it

Trump does hyperbole of course but I sure Trump knew about the danger of the virus downplayed it and required federal agencies including the CDC to downplay it

Yeah, I have no doubt he got some statistics from Xi about Wuhan but I wonder to what extent Xi actually described the virus: "You know, Excellency Trump this thing is an atom bomb going off in the body. It rips through a person's hide like a chainsaw. I mean this virus shreds you into confetti. I mean when it gets done with you they sweep you off the floor and dump you into the ashcan."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom