• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Income tax; Flat tax; National Sales tax; No tax

Which do you prefer:

• Total voters

I give a post on fair tax and you go to this?

So tell me how has the gap changed under Obama?

Yet our poor in many countries would be well off.

You need to look at how the fair tax act address that not at how it worked in other places.

Last edited:
The FACT is they really can't even get serious congressional hearings for Fairytax, just want it passed.

Because NO ONE Really wants to testify/LIE under oath!

All it's supporters would take a powder or have to speak in large generalities to protect themselves from Perjury.

BTW, Fairytax, was of course, the brainchild of Two Texas Billionaires.

If it ever got close they'd have to name a REAL Rate.. so it can't pass.

DOA.

It's already been scored by the Joint Congressional committe on taxes in the Mid 50s% range.

-

Last edited:

You have proof of your accusations?

You have proof of your accusations?

Only the last Dozen years of Reality and obfuscation on the hearings (the opinion part).. and if you'd like I can prove the 2 Billionaires too.

I have proved everything I've said.. and given links for it.

While you seem good at only Bashing what you don't like.

Have you used FTs 'tax calculator'.. I betcha you saved ALOT.. everyone does even tho FT is "Revenue neutral"

But.. wait...

-
-

Last edited:

I see no links just a rant

I see no links just a rant

No one has posted More links than me and proved his point More thoroughly.

You are just bashing what you don't like while I've put up Hard Numbers from the most Credible sources and Links possible.
NYT. WSJ. Congressional Joint committee on Taxes, US Treasury, etc

What are your links?

What a JOKE!

NEXT!

Last edited:
FairTaxFRAUD.com

The Book, The Crook, and the Followers

Edit
Note the UTTERLY EMPTY POST BELOW.
Seeking to discredit hard facts with a ridiculous and shallow smear 'liberals'.
Not debate/Beneath debate.

Last edited:

Translation: "I don't have anything to rebut the facts you've provided, so instead I'll throw out a random quote from Krugman and then include a ridiculous appeal to authority. Then I'll just respond to everything with "thanks for your opinion!" and tell myself that I've won."

And this supports your and Krugman's assertion... how? (Try going back to when you quoted that assertion if you're not sure what you're supposed to be providing evidence for.)

I would have responded to the rest of your post but honestly, RightinNYC summarized it all perfectly in his post above. If you prefer dishing out unrelated quotes and rhetoric to backing up your assertions with facts, then I'm not sure what you're even doing at a debate site.

Translation: "I don't have anything to rebut the facts you've provided, so instead I'll throw out a random quote from Krugman and then include a ridiculous appeal to authority.

What's even more odd is how he threw in a random unrelated Krugman quote in an attempt to support his random unrelated Krugman quote....

Back here in Virginia, we call them trailer park conservatives, as they tend to vote against their own best interest!

In 1980 my mother worked for a government program that Reagan vowed to eliminate if he became President. She voted for him anyways, the end result being that she lost her job when he won, because she truly believed him to be the best candidate overall.

Voting against one's own self-interest is not foolish; it is noble.

I give a post on fair tax and you go to this?

The fair tax is a consumption tax, for which my post addressed.

"That's what Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee wants to do. The former Arkansas governor wants to junk personal and corporate income taxes and federal payroll taxes and replace them with a national sales tax called the Fair Tax."
Is the Fair Tax really fair? - MSN Money

Yet our poor in many countries would be well off.

That has nothing to do with our tax system, but nice dodge. So you just ignore the 30 nation study I referenced in my previous post that showed ~

"The United States has the highest inequality and poverty in the OECD after Mexico and Turkey, and the gap has increased rapidly since 2000, the report said."

"In the United States, the richest 10 percent earn an average of $93,000 - the highest level in the OECD. The poorest 10 percent earn an average of $5,800 - about 20 percent lower than the OECD average."

What are your thoughts on these findings?

You need to look at how the fair tax act address that not at how it worked in other places.

I have looked at it. That is why I know it is just another regressive tax scheme by the fringe right. Not even the moderate Republicans buy that it could generate the necessary income without completely decimating the middle class which are required to buy all the crap that is made. That is why they have never passed it when they were in control of Congress.

Re: FairTaxFRAUD.com

Nice I go to about us and they hide who they are. Sounds more like propaganda to me than facts. Also notice it sounds like they are mostly liberals.

I hate people that discredit arguments from a certain perspective! Stop being so close minded! Emotional disposition is a mechanism of control! Read what the godless commie bastards have to say, make a cogent counter argument if you need to and then refute it!

I want a simplified progressive income tax.

A flat tax is too regressive against the poor, while a national sales tax won't bring in enough tax revenue.

Could we not set it up where if you are poor you pay no taxes?

yes **** the system. abolish government. the proletariat will have autonomy over the U.S. the working man has nothing to lose but their chains

just kidding

Not sure what you're trying to say or how it's relevant to my point.

You were saying that having the poor not paying taxes is more or less like what we already have, I inferred welfare.

Well if the corporate elite don't have to pay for something like the UPKEEP of GM for example, why not bail them out? Corporate welfare, just as bad.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…