• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war!

Fabiusbile

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Greetings, friends.
I immediately apologize for the sheet of text, please be patient.
Don't be intimidated by the topic name... here I only suggest to fantasize on the topic "what will happen if..."
I will immediately make a lyrical digression, personally I have an agnostic attitude to extraterrestrial intelligent life. Because it's just a fantasy.

And so.
I think many Americans, Englishmen and not only, are well acquainted with the Warhammer 40,000 universe, well, or at least have heard about it and have a general idea of what it is about.
For those who do not know, I will try to be as brief as possible... I must say that the universe is very much inspired by Heinlein's Starship Troopers... in general, at the turn of 30,000, humanity has captured most of the habitable planets in the galaxy and at this time on Earth, the emperor comes to power... calling himself modestly "emperor", well, or "emperor of mankind", who begins a crusade through the gallactics to unite all of humanity under his rule, which is in a fragmented state of different confederations, empires, and in some places even degraded. The further development of the story in the context of the topic is not so important, except for the fact that in general, the goals set by the emperor were fulfilled, even if not quite as planned.

This is one of the few fantasy franchises that are quite popular, where in fact the authors consider the future of humanity an extremely fascist, xenophobic and irreconcilable society in relation to other intelligent species of the galaxy. The official doctrine of the Imperium completely prohibits peaceful interaction with other intelligent life forms, with strangers, of course, not without exceptions, someone can, but... it's not that important. And for most good citizens of the Imperium, any contact with outsiders must end with the use of weapons. This is one of the main pillars of the Imperium - death to the Xenos.
Of course, in many works of fiction of this franchise, this question was explained by lor, that for a very long history of mankind, people have repeatedly tried to peacefully coexist with different xenos, but inevitably over time they found themselves in a subordinate position, this is the main stone in the garden of democracy, that people without totalitarian leadership are extremely divided and therefore other species can easily take advantage of this.
In general, for me it is very strange that such fiction is popular in the Western world, especially now, because it does not really correspond to the spirit of Western values... but that's not the point.

In this topic, I propose to fantasize on the question of how much such a future is real (if of course other intelligent types of life exist), where humanity will come to a conclusion like the Warhammer 40k Imperium. That we can't co-exist with other intelligent species and they need to be destroyed.

There is war a-coming in the future - it's the war of all wars.
And the winner of that war is already known.

Greetings, friends.
Don't be intimidated by the topic name... here I only suggest to fantasize on the topic "what will happen if..."
I will immediately make a lyrical digression, personally I have an agnostic attitude to extraterrestrial intelligent life. Because it's just a fantasy.

And so.
I think many Americans, Englishmen and not only, are well acquainted with the Warhammer 40,000 universe, well, or at least have heard about it and have a general idea of what it is about.
For those who do not know, I will try to be as brief as possible... I must say that the universe is very much inspired by Heinlein's Starship Troopers... in general, at the turn of 30,000, humanity has captured most of the habitable planets in the galaxy and at this time on Earth, the emperor comes to power... calling himself modestly "emperor", well, or "emperor of mankind", who begins a crusade through the gallactics to unite all of humanity under his rule, which is in a fragmented state of different confederations, empires, and in some places even degraded. The further development of the story in the context of the topic is not so important, except for the fact that in general, the goals set by the emperor were fulfilled, even if not quite as planned.

This is one of the few fantasy franchises that are quite popular, where in fact the authors consider the future of humanity an extremely fascist, xenophobic and irreconcilable society in relation to other intelligent species of the galaxy. The official doctrine of the Imperium completely prohibits peaceful interaction with other intelligent life forms, with strangers, of course, not without exceptions, someone can, but... it's not that important. And for most good citizens of the Imperium, any contact with outsiders must end with the use of weapons. This is one of the main pillars of the Imperium - death to the Xenos.
Of course, in many works of fiction of this franchise, this question was explained by lor, that for a very long history of mankind, people have repeatedly tried to peacefully coexist with different xenos, but inevitably over time they found themselves in a subordinate position, this is the main stone in the garden of democracy, that people without totalitarian leadership are extremely divided and therefore other species can easily take advantage of this.
In general, for me it is very strange that such fiction is popular in the Western world, especially now, because it does not really correspond to the spirit of Western values... but that's not the point.

In this topic, I propose to fantasize on the question of how much such a future is real (if of course other intelligent types of life exist), where humanity will come to a conclusion like the Warhammer 40k Imperium. That we can't co-exist with other intelligent species and they need to be destroyed.
There is a Galactic Counsel, we are monitored by the Arcturus-Antares Midway Station, there are Galactic laws.

Most species, or members of them, evolve to attend the counsel in their finer bodies.

There is a report of one Galaxy that was destroyed by war.

So far, no entire galaxy has Ascended, in fact, so far, only one planet has gone back to Godhead whole, Venus.

It seems likely as everyone went their own way and forgot God when He disappeared, with no interest in returning. This is because we considered God like ourselves, who only used God for our own purposes, so we turned to Satan, who had God, and wasn't as tolerant as God. Of course God is only interested in His own purposes too.

What is unlikely is that this is the midpoint of time.

Greetings, friends.

And so.

Likeliness of the midpoint of time increases with the postulate, that, "Christ comes and dies at the midpoint."

Not that it is just this planet, but like ourselves, Christs realm is filled with possible outcomes, both in the realm and material Universe.

So Christ is dying all over the Universe, forward an backward in time as with our activities.

Space is infinite, time is not, time is a product of space, matter.

I doubt that future will happen as we are about to be destroyed by the Vogons to make room for an hyperspace bypass. The news was posted at Alpha Centauri 50 years ago.

I doubt that future will happen as we are about to be destroyed by the Vogons to make room for an hyperspace bypass. The news was posted at Alpha Centauri 50 years ago.

Attachments

• 97258_900.jpg
    97258_900.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 0

Whatever you do, do NOT listen to Vogon poetry.

Back to the topic: in the grim darkness of the past there was only war. It's what we do, for we are tribal and territorial creatures.

lol...sure it is. Oddsmakers have already placed their bets. Satan leads 2:1.

You mean, the war is a-coming?
Me, I rather think that sumer is icumen in.
And: Lhude sing cuccu!

You mean, the war is a-coming?
Me, I rather think that sumer is icumen in.
And: Lhude sing cuccu!

You and calamity better settle down.
No need to agitate yourself over a post that I made in KEEPING with the OP of the thread.

I have my own version of a .....................................................future war.
It ain't anything like Star Wars. ;)

You and calamity better settle down.
No need to agitate yourself over a post that I made in KEEPING with the OP of the thread.

I have my own version of a .....................................................future war.
It ain't anything like Star Wars. ;)
Let's sing a fine old song - now that's better! :)

:love: :love: :love:

Now in Munic, Germany

Who said so?
It's hard to say, but I would venture to assume that the author is either an American or an Englishman, one of the science fiction writers who worked with Game Workshop.
I once even tried to find the author, many places refer to what belongs to the writer Aaron Dembski-Bowden... but I don't believe it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom