• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I'm getting a free computer today!!

Well there has been quite a bit of investigations and leaks about what actually happens at Apple stores... employees selling or using items that the official rules state as defective and so on.

I could tell you some stories.....

I've decided not to return my computer. After I deleted all the programs I installed yesterday (other than Quicken), my issues went away. I also ran a system scan (with pre-installed Norton) and 14 threats were found and dealt with. I'm fairly computer-literate, but I got burned with one or more of the downloads yesterday. I'm guessing I wasn't on the "real site" for the download for one of them. Avast is great. Picasa is great. Gamehouse games are great. But one of those brought crap along with it. My LUCK was that the 'problem' was listed in Add/Remove Programs. Sometimes they're not.

I've decided not to return my computer. After I deleted all the programs I installed yesterday (other than Quicken), my issues went away. I also ran a system scan (with pre-installed Norton) and 14 threats were found and dealt with. I'm fairly computer-literate, but I got burned with one or more of the downloads yesterday. I'm guessing I wasn't on the "real site" for the download for one of them. Avast is great. Picasa is great. Gamehouse games are great. But one of those brought crap along with it. My LUCK was that the 'problem' was listed in Add/Remove Programs. Sometimes they're not.

The bold and underlined is most likely your problem.

if you notice any remaining problems, you might also try superantispyware, another free anti-malware program that has fixed every issue for me except the damned sweetpacks virus / malware. for that one, i had to use something else. but SASW is pretty thorough.

SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!

Back
Top Bottom