• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Illinois has best infrastructure in america

From the Illinois section:

LOL, the best state in the country and 1/5 of their roads are shit.
Most of that money is going into personal accounts of either the politicians or the head of whatever company is hired to do the job.

Are infrastructure sucks. We know it, and foreign visitors comment on it, because they never expected this great country to look like sheet.

Craps just going to start falling down. There are places in our country were it's like living in the fifties, no internet, no cable, and Sally's dinner on the corner. No jobs there, so, I guess it's not worth it, but man, it's 2021. We really should catch up with the rest of the world.

Most of that money is going into personal accounts of either the politicians or the head of whatever company is hired to do the job.
This is true, and the reason we voted Trump out.

Governments can't even do relatively simple things like provide roads that aren't full of potholes.

You can drive around potholes. You can't turn the lights on when the power is out. Right, Texas? ;)

Just a generalization based on the history of political corruption in Illinois
So . . . . . you are, in effect, saying that the other 49 states have even more political corruption than Illinois. Because as far as infrastructure, they seem to be doing the best job.

You can drive around potholes. You can't turn the lights on when the power is out. Right, Texas? ;)

Agreed. Whether Democrat or Republican, government can't do anything right.

Ahhh, now the truth comes out. You want no government at all!

Tell me, person with the sexist username. How's minarchism working out for Somalia? Maybe Afghanistan can tell us all about it once we pull out.

Ahhh, now the truth comes out. You want no government at all!

Tell me, person with the sexist username. How's minarchism working out for Somalia? Maybe Afghanistan can tell us all about it once we pull out.

Good God, could you please learn what words mean before using them?

Why can't he just own his extremist views?

I've been defending my political views for decades, and I'm happy to debate anyone with half a brain. Unfortunately, that leaves you out.

Just a generalization based on the history of political corruption in Illinois

So you have no evidence of political corruption in the state that reportedly has the best infrastructure or know anything about the current road conditions.

So you have no evidence of political corruption in the state that reportedly has the best infrastructure or know anything about the current road conditions.

All states have some level of corruption....some just higher than others.

20877.jpeg

Parking for Chicago can be found in Cairo, Illinois.

Governments can't even do relatively simple things like provide roads that aren't full of potholes.
Yeah, if only we had a 3.5 Trillion dollar infrastructure bill designed to do this exact thing...oh wait.

All states have some level of corruption....some just higher than others.

20877.jpeg
And Chicago is the most corrupt city in the country

Parking for Chicago can be found in Cairo, Illinois.
Good thing true Chicagoans don't waste time with a car when going downtown. We just take the train.

It might help if you actually funded it properly but that would mean the top end being taxed so that's not going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom