• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Illinois FOID Card Unconstitutional

DebateChallenge

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
The Illinois FOID card has been declared unconstitutional.

The Illinois FOID card has been declared unconstitutional.

Don't get too excited. It's a decision by one state trial court judge from a podunk country with 14,000 people.

Is there a link that isn't some random schmoe on youtube?

How can this possibly be viewed positively ?

Because if it were to be applied broadly, it would mean that people can't be forced to pay a fee and get government permission to exercise a constitutional right?

Because if it were to be applied broadly, it would mean that people can't be forced to pay a fee and get government permission to exercise a constitutional right?

And at what cost ?

And at what cost ?

No cost. In fact, they'd probably save money. I doubt collecting a $10 fee from applicants actually offsets the cost to review the paperwork or produce the card.

By

By... some dude on You Tube?

Sounds legit.

There's a screenshot of the court's opinion with more than enough information visible for you to find it, if you have some reason to doubt that the information is accurate.

There's a screenshot of the court's opinion with more than enough information visible for you to find it, if you have some reason to doubt that the information is accurate.
Where? On the video?
Reminds me of this:
F3A11662-BBE4-4DF9-84A3-8F3BD1BAC0DE.jpeg

No cost. In fact, they'd probably save money. I doubt collecting a $10 fee from applicants actually offsets the cost to review the paperwork or produce the card.

You mean no cost to you

How many more crimes, must the people of Illinois suffer because of this stupid ruling ?

You mean no cost to you

How many more crimes, must the people of Illinois suffer because of this stupid ruling ?

What makes you think they will suffer more crimes?

You mean no cost to you

$10.00 or $50.00 do you in all honestly think that that silly ass permisso slip is going to stop someone if they wanted to shoot the place up or rob someone at gun point?

How can this possibly be viewed positively ?
it is by those who think McDonald ought to be enforced as the law of the land.

What makes you think they will suffer more crimes?

Because it encourages more people to carry guns

In the same way that encouraging people to drive faster on highways will result in more accidents.

$10.00 or $50.00 do you in all honestly think that that silly ass permisso slip is going to stop someone if they wanted to shoot the place up or rob someone at gun point?

No, but IDT that the majority of shooters left home with the intention of shooting someone

It will mean more people HAVE a gun, and might take lethal action, when they would not do so otherwise.

I do, but I think it needs amending.
Only to clarify that the right is applicable to all citizens, and militia service-or the potential thereof, is not required to vest.

I believe that if civilian police have access to a type of firearm, all the lawful citizens, of age, in that jurisdiction should have easy access to those firearms as well

Back
Top Bottom