• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If you lose your job, do you still have a moral duty to pay your rent on time?

If you lose your job, do you still have a moral duty to pay your rent on time?

• Yes.

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • No.

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Depends on the circumstances.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Undecided, no opinion.

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
When I left home at 19, Pop told me "There are gonna be times when money is tight. But the very first bill you need to pay is the RENT . . .no exceptions."

I refuse to pay rent I am willing to make a mortgage payment.

When I left home at 19, Pop told me "There are gonna be times when money is tight. But the very first bill you need to pay is the RENT . . .no exceptions."

Smart Pop...mine told me the same thing...hubby and I are both retired, most people here would be surprised at the amount we live on each month, but our bills get paid, we have a roof over our heads, food to eat, and clothes on our backs...we are content...just a side note, my credit score is 825 because our bills get paid on time...

Yes.

And pay your utilities, car insurance, vehicle registration if it's due and if you want to keep driving. Pay your credit card bills.

Just because you don't have any money, that's not a reason to not be responsible.

On the other hand, you could try talking to the people you owe money to. They may have mercy on you.

And if you simply cannot make ends meet, now would be a good time to reduce you debt to income ratio.

Also either cut up ones credit cards or at least put them out of reach. Take away and deactivate unnecessary cell phones, if you are forced to stay in your home and don't have a land line one cell phone should be enough. Do your banking and shopping online. Stay safe.

It's always crocodile tears for landlords. Spare me. It costs AT MOST a few hundred per month to maintain a property. They charge many multiples of that per rent. It's a pretty sweet gig if you have the money to get into it.

I am aware that you are continuously ranting and sobbing on this forum that we should be forced to pay your rent. But you have yet to explain your reasoning of why we all should be required to exist to work for and serve you.

Why don't you become a landlord and let people live there for free since you claim landlords get their property, houses and apartments for free? Why don't you go get a dozen free houses like you claim all landlords do, let people live there for free since you got them for free, and then you maintain your free houses you got making them rent free?

Our house and property (and everything else) is paid for.

However, unless it is the rare tax exempt property, at one level everyone rents their property from the government via property taxes - and in a way the government is the landlord being about to tell you what you may and may not do with your property by zoning laws, code enforcement laws etc.

No one shows up at my door asking for dough when it's a mortgage..

Nope, but they''ll show up with a foreclosure notice...

Our house and property (and everything else) is paid for.

However, unless it is the rare tax exempt property, at one level everyone rents their property from the government via property taxes - and in a way the government is the landlord being about to tell you what you may and may not do with your property by zoning laws, code enforcement laws etc.

I live in the country where they may have a rule yet it is never enforced..I have 43 acres and a house and it is worth $235 a year in rent to the county...

There's no reason why a rent payment that covers the landlord's mortgage shouldn't give the renter equity.

I am aware that you are continuously ranting and sobbing on this forum that we should be forced to pay your rent. But you have yet to explain your reasoning of why we all should be required to exist to work for and serve you.

Why don't you become a landlord and let people live there for free since you claim landlords get their property, houses and apartments for free? Why don't you go get a dozen free houses like you claim all landlords do, let people live there for free since you got them for free, and then you maintain your free houses you got making them rent free?
A home that's already built requires no more then a few hundred per month to maintain. Why is the landlord justified in charging whatever he wants for it?

If I find you in the desert dying of thirst am I morally justified in charging you $500 for a bottle of water?

A home that's already built requires no more then a few hundred per month to maintain. Why is the landlord justified in charging whatever he wants for it?

If I find you in the desert dying of thirst am I morally justified in charging you $500 for a bottle of water?

A mortgage and rental agreement are both contracts.

Are you for breaking a contract?

Your claim is that you should be able to take my water so that I die of thirst.

You don't debate from intellectual integrity because on every thread you demand other people provide you free housing because you are super special of superior rights:
you falsely assume landlords get their property for free,
falsely assume they pay not property taxes, falsely assume they pay not mortgage,
falsely assume they pay not insurance,
falsely assume they pay no insurance
and falsely assume there are no maintenance costs
- while falsely assume renters take perfect care of the property.

Then from asserted premises all that are diametrically opposite from the truth, you claim other people should be forced to let you live in their home for free.

Rather than die? Yes.

i gather you are completely crippled. The government will provide for you via social security disability payments. You don't have to pay rent. They government will take care of your housing, food and medical care.

If you are not crippled and rather are so lazy that you refuse to work, get a tent and a fishing pole at a flea market.

There's no reason why a rent payment that covers the landlord's mortgage shouldn't give the renter equity.

So you never heard of rent-to-own rental agreements, have you?

Nothing you post in your demand everyone else pay for your housing that is attached to reality. Rather, you claim rent houses just poof into existence and then those lucky people force you to move in, throwing you to the floor stealing your money.

Good. You will live. Without a roof over your head.

Can you say "eviction"?
You'll force people to live on the street rather than a landlord goes without a bit of profit? Even if they can't pay the rent through no fault of their own?

Good. You will live. Without a roof over your head.

Can you say "eviction"?

Humans lived for thousands of years without permanent structures. He is demanding that YOU and I pay for his modern life and demands we all work to serve him as his servant - because he hates work and refuses do to it for himself - or anyone else.

Notice on no occasion, ever, does he even hint at any way HE should be required to provide anything for anyone. Never posts he should be required to let anyone live in his housing for free. His messages are typical beggar-bum sobbing and ranting. We hear it all the time.

Your claim is that you should be able to take my water so that I die of thirst.

Nope. I never made any such claim. Is your position so weak that you must debate a straw man?

"Really, what good will it do a man to gain the whole world and to lose his life? What, really, would a man give in exchange for his life?" Mark 8:36,37
Bible spamming on the internet ? A bit too early for that in any case.

Я Баба Яга [emoji328]

Back
Top Bottom