• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If G.O.P. retakes control of Senate in November, a consequence of facts or despite facts?

Does anything matter to G.O.P. voters besides candidates they support, TAKING CONTROL?

• The "adults" in the GOP will eventually "retake control" and... wait a min.! Isn't Dina one of them?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dems have gotten really bad at appealing to downscale voters in Middle America.
By 'downscale voters' are you referring to middle Americans, the soul of our country?
The Conservative heart of this country?
Hope you're not referring to what Hillary thought of as "deplorables".

By 'downscale voters' are you referring to middle Americans, the soul of our country?
The Conservative heart of this country?
Hope you're not referring to what Hillary thought of as "deplorables".
Yeah, calling them "deplorables" doesn't help. It's not even the insult itself, it's more the mindset that it reveals. Middle America sometimes agrees with Dems on specific policy issues, but they increasingly think Dems hate them. And it isn't hard to see why.

Dems should focus on specific policies to help people. They should talk more about expanding health care, reinstating the expanded child tax credit, etc. The less they say about identity politics, covid lockdowns, or defending the police, the better. I think that's a better formula to winning votes in Middle America.

it will be a consequence of the number of dumass rednecks vs the number of gay black cross dressers

Obvious bait thread is obvious. Why the **** did you go through the effort of creating this and then write the most dumb****ing poll options one could think of. A 5 year old on a sugar high could write better poll options than what you just did. Pathetic.
I thought it was brilliant, a steady block of sarcasm.

I'm a five year old, butt my high isn't sugar, and even I can't come up with poll options like that.

Such a good poll, and then such a dumb OP.

I can't even read it.

The republicans will retake control because of the terrible job Joe Biden is doing and the radical progressive left policies of the democrats.
Because of ignorance and the swing voter wishing control, what it can control is going to the Republicans.

The republicans will retake control because of the terrible job Joe Biden is doing and the radical progressive left policies of the democrats.
Because of ignorance and the swing voter wishing control, what it can control is going to the Republicans.

Joe's doing a great job, for hard times and such a turn around.

We should be lucky we got Joe, do you have any idea where Trump was going (to the Kingdom of some other world)?

Smash us here, you'll want to go there, bright, based on some delusional ideology.

All together now.

Let's all put on our delusions and run.

Doesn't matter how you vote, as long as you're deluded about it.

Bush trusted then 31 years old Dina Powell to manage his white house personnel office,

Dina's discernment was flawed when it came to her attraction and endorsement of Bernard Kerik to be nominated as DHS Director. This is a description of the man
she chose to marry and have children with. To be fair, is Dina's discernment really any worse than Bush's, Trump's, other G.O.P. candidates, or their voters?

Sean Parnell, Pa. Republican Senate candidate, accused of ...

https://www.inquirer.com › politics › pennsylvania › se...
Nov 1, 2021 — The testimony by Laurie Snell cast a harsh light on Sean Parnell, a leading Republican candidate endorsed by Donald Trump.

Wife of Senate Candidate Sean Parnell Testifies He Strangled ...

https://www.rollingstone.com › politics › politics-news
Nov 1, 2021 — Trump endorsed Sean Parnell

The OTHER out-of-state GOP Senate guy is worse - The ...

https://www.inquirer.com › columnists › attytood › dav...
Dec 28, 2021 — prodigal son David McCormick isn't as sexy as rival Mehmet Oz, just more dangerous. FILE - President ...

MAR. 25, 2022

Has Goldman Sachs’s Dina Powell Finally Gone Too Far?​

By Shawn McCreesh
"The Republican Party these days is full of plutocrats turned populists who think the only way to make it is to fake it as MAGA true believer. But sometimes … you might wish they had a little more dignity.

Take Goldman Sachs partner Dina Powell, the irresistibly charming, gossip-slinging, Washington–Wall Street power-brokering insider who served as Trump’s deputy national security adviser and emerged un-muddied, coming off as ,,civic-duty, adult-in-the-room types. She isn’t running for office herself, but she’s been working hard to help her zillionaire hedge-funder husband, David McCormick, win the Republican primary to replace retiring senator Pat Toomey in his home state of Pennsylvania. (Despite years in D.C. and Connecticut,...) Team McCormick got Trumpy quick. Stephen Miller works for the campaign, along with Hope Hicks. A whole raft of Trumpian camarilla is lending support. McCormick has also got Breitbart apparatchiks and ran “Let’s Go Brandon” Super Bowl ads.

,,,reported in the New York Times how McCormick and Powell schlepped down to Mar-a-Lago to grovel for Trump’s endorsement. ..Powell whipped out an image of her husband’s main primary opponent, Dr. Oz, .. that showed him “alongside others wearing Muslim head coverings,”.. ...

And so, it left many of her other Establishment friends suddenly wondering what’s happened to her.."
The issues laid out in your OP are relavent but pale in comparison to the grifting by the trump administration that went on with Saudi Arabia. Jerod got them to give him 2 billion dollars. He made secret trips over there on our dime.

Republicans suck so hard.

That's a rather bleak and somber view of our society.
I would rather see the glass half full and hope that the November elections represent a reset of divisive politics in DC.
If that happens at least we won't see trillions more in spending that will further exacerbate the inflation situation.
1649804595214.png

1649804639170.png

***************​

***************​
Oh. Boo-hooo. Let's all condemn the freest country in the world because schools are not teaching about the sin of slavery the way the America-haters want it taught.

Why not just boradcast "Roots" continuously on every channel just to show how terrible we feel about our earlier history? Will that make everyone feel better?
How about giving $1 million in reparations to every African-American regardless if they are in the American middle class and loving their country?
Will that make everyone feel better?
White guilt can make seemingly sane people do things that are contrary to common sense - like vote for Obama because he is black and because we need to atone for the sins of the entire nation.

Oh. Boo-hooo. Let's all condemn the freest country in the world because schools are not teaching about the sin of slavery the way the America-haters want it taught.
Why not just boradcast "Roots" continuously on every channel just to show how terrible we feel about our earlier history? Will that make everyone feel better?
How about giving $1 million in reparations to every African-American regardless if they are in the American middle class and loving their country?
White guilt can make seemingly sane people do things that are contrary to common sense - like vote for Obama because he is black and because we need to atone for the sins of the entire nation.
I love you @jaypatriot...
-peace

View attachment 67385298
View attachment 67385299
***************​
It is really important that lovers of democracy go to the polls this November. We have yo vote like hell, if we want to have a country. It is imperative that we keep & expand the D's majority in the House & Senate. The Drumpf is handing out endorsements to the mentally ill (Herschel Walker) & alleged Insurrectionist ( Derrick Van Orden), plus Dr. Oz. There is more crazy stuff that I can't yet verify. Pooten's Puppet may not run in '24, but who ever does will be someone who kisses the ample posturer of the wanna be dictator, unless the R's are denied the anticipated Red Wave in Nov.

It is really important that lovers of democracy go to the polls this November. We have yo vote like hell, if we want to have a country. It is imperative that we keep & expand the D's majority in the House & Senate. The Drumpf is handing out endorsements to the mentally ill (Herschel Walker) & alleged Insurrectionist ( Derrick Van Orden), plus Dr. Oz. There is more crazy stuff that I can't yet verify. Pooten's Puppet may not run in '24, but who ever does will be someone who kisses the ample posturer of the wanna be dictator, unless the R's are denied the anticipated Red Wave in Nov.
I bet your fellow Dems appreciate a good cheer leader in the face of impending losses in so many districts.
I voted for McCain and Romney, so I know how you feel.
So close but yet so far.
You appear to be overly worried about Trump.
I am looking forward to his political influence waning as his hand-picked GOP candidates fail to win in the Congressional primaries. I want to see GOP candidates win by displacing Dems or retaining their seats.

So basically we agree on one thing. We want Trump's influence to fail to continue his weakening influence.

1649911069088.png

I bet your fellow Dems appreciate a good cheer leader in the face of impending losses in so many districts.
I voted for McCain and Romney, so I know how you feel.
So close but yet so far.
You appear to be overly worried about Trump.
I am looking forward to his political influence waning as his hand-picked GOP candidates fail to win in the Congressional primaries. I want to see GOP candidates win by displacing Dems or retaining their seats.

So basically we agree on one thing. We want Trump's influence to fail to continue his weakening influence.
Yes I feel that the D's can lose track of the direction this country needs to go to end the creeping fascism invading the GQP. It is hard to stay on message when there is a new scandalous truth exposed daily & not treated as the scandal it deserves to be. But I don't limit my appeal to D's, I'm calling out to all Americans who love democracy, regardless of party affiliation. The sad fact is that the only way to retain democracy is to oust the party of voter suppression, opposition to free choice for woman & general opposition to joining the 21st century.

Yes I feel that the D's can lose track of the direction this country needs to go to end the creeping fascism invading the GQP. It is hard to stay on message when there is a new scandalous truth exposed daily & not treated as the scandal it deserves to be. But I don't limit my appeal to D's, I'm calling out to all Americans who love democracy, regardless of party affiliation. The sad fact is that the only way to retain democracy is to oust the party of voter suppression, opposition to free choice for woman & general opposition to joining the 21st century.
Well stated, jp.

Awesomely stated.

Back
Top Bottom