• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Identify as Black/white?

My daughter is mixed race Caucasian and Chinese. She is commonly mistaken for Hispanic. Kids at her high school walk up to her and start speaking Spanish.
So imo she gets to choose. Is that what she's done?

What's Barack Obama, black or white?
In America Black blood no matter how small a percentage is the dominant factor. It was once black letter law, but is still the unwritten law. Obama is a Black man in America, mixed race in some other countries but never white. 🫥

Both. He could just as easily identify as white if he wanted.
Then the question becomes one of melanin or DNA. San Bushmen have the oldest DNA. Everyone else is a hybrid to some degree. Everyone has African DNA. We all could easily identify as black using that metric.

Melanin would be interesting. Many shades. Can someone identify as artificial orange?

"Allowed to"? What do you mean by that?
Not a good choice of words... I mean should people be screaming at you for not agreeing that a black person that identifies as white... is white?
I can say I'm Inuit and there's no authoritative body to stop me.
Public pressure...

My daughter is mixed race Caucasian and Chinese. She is commonly mistaken for Hispanic. Kids at her high school walk up to her and start speaking Spanish.
IS she learning Spanish?

Not a good choice of words... I mean should people be screaming at you for not agreeing that a black person that identifies as white... is white?
People should not be screaming at me.

Can a white person identify as black and should society accept this? Can a black person identify as white?

What are your thoughts?

Potato

With smooth peanut butter

Only if they are also Liberals.
Okay, so this thread is about Apache Liberals who scream at white people who identify as black people and/or scream at foods that identify as peanut butter? Does that about sum it up?

I trust that the soft spoken Inuit are watching all this go down from a safe distance, and quietly nodding.

There's a joint nearby that puts it on a burger. Still deciding if it's worth $15 to find out if it's any good.
I had one qith peanut butter years ago... I remember it being pretty good. Can't remember what else was on it... hamburger, peanut butter, cheddar, pickles and avocado?

Okay, so this thread is about Apache Liberals who scream at white people who identify as black people and/or scream at foods that identify as peanut butter? Does that about sum it up?

I trust that the soft spoken Inuit are watching all this go down from a safe distance, and quietly nodding.
This has become an unusual thread... the unifying theme is self-identifying, screaming, peanut butter and the Inuit...

This has become an unusual thread... the unifying theme is self-identifying, screaming, peanut butter and the Inuit...
There is some cinematic universe potential here.

What kind of potential I have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom