• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I Thought Obamacare Was Suppose To Help Poor People? What Happen?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/03/health/millions-of-poor-are-left-uncovered-by-health-law.html?_r=2&

Seems to me this is only helping the middle class become poor and the insurance companies become all the more wealthy...

From my perspective, it is really the working poor that it helps. Too rich for Medicaid and too poor for insurance.

Many middle class people get their insurance from their (or their spouses) employer. Some states did a better job with integration of ACA than others.

Most people I know are either employed with health insurance or already on medicare.

So the two people I know that were able to partake - one has health issues that would have never been able to get insured (plus financially unable to afford) and the other got a much better price with a better plan. We are in California.

Back
Top Bottom