• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I just want to save lives

Reading comprehension failure again. I asked two questions:

"Do you accept that a large part of gun control in the UK and Australia, whose gun control effectiveness you've repeatedly praised, relies on gun bans and confiscations?"

"If their gun control efforts don't rely on bans and confiscations, what are the success factors, and can you prove that those factors would be successful without bans and confiscations?"

You made a claim. Back it up

It doesnt matter what he says. He is lying. You have to read between the lines. That is the standard....right?

I take only what you and others actually write as what you mean. If I'm uncertain, I ask clarifying questions. I can't read minds. Neither can you.

I take only what you and others actually write as what you mean. If I'm uncertain, I ask clarifying questions. I can't read minds. Neither can you.

I am not a gun banner. Clear enough?

Read between the lines

Sorry, it doesn't work that way. If I ask a question, I'm seeking information, not attesting to what you think I'm saying. There are no "between the lines".

I am not a gun banner. Clear enough?

Not really. You state that you do not wish to ban guns, yet you claim that gun control works in the UK and Australia, both of whom depend upon bans and confiscations. It just doesn't jibe in my book unless you feel that gun control in those countries would work just as well without bans and confiscations. Those countries obviously don't. Without any other data I'm just going to have to put it down to cognitive dissonance on your part. It's like you don't want bans but you accept their effectiveness.

Sorry, it doesn't work that way. If I ask a question, I'm seeking information, not attesting to what you think I'm saying. There are no "between the lines".

I answered you. Are you unclear on my views on gun bans?

Not really. You state that you do not wish to ban guns, yet you claim that gun control works in the UK and Australia, both of whom depend upon bans and confiscations. It just doesn't jibe in my book unless you feel that gun control in those countries would work just as well without bans and confiscations. Those countries obviously don't. Without any other data I'm just going to have to put it down to cognitive dissonance on your part. It's like you don't want bans but you accept their effectiveness.

More lies. You don't want debate. You want to engage in personal attacks. You got nothing

More lies. You don't want debate. You want to engage in personal attacks. You got nothing

If you were serious about debate, you'd explain how you can both be against gun bans but support them in other countries. Are you only against gun bans in the US but can see their usefulness in other countries, or are you against them regardless of locale?

If you were serious about debate, you'd explain how you can both be against gun bans but support them in other countries. Are you only against gun bans in the US but can see their usefulness in other countries, or are you against them regardless of locale?

I answered your question. Was my question invisible?

So have you always been a gun banner?

You raise a very interesting point. I just checked and I don't have any gun banners. I have a Sun Ringle banner in the garage, and the boys have an Overwatch banner in the gaming room, and I have a very cool and useful Tekmat CZ-75 breakdown/cleaning mat, but no gun banners.

I should spend some time on the site linked below to find some interesting gun banners.

Gun Banners & Signs | Vinyl Banners & Banner Designs - CafePress

You most likely don't want to save lives.

You most likely want to shoot your weapon and kill other people.

That's what weapons are made for... to kill.

You most likely don't want to save lives.

You most likely want to shoot your weapon and kill other people.

That's what weapons are made for... to kill.

thats just stupid given how many competitive shooters there are in the USA. having been on a couple world teams, none of the guns we used were designed to kill anyone. with 100 million gun owners in the USA, if yo were right, there'd be no anti gun activists left.

Still waiting on you to name a mass shooting that was covered nationally by media which took place in a establishment that was not a gun free zone!

There are no gun free zones

=Bucky;1067643553]You want to know the purpose why someone should so competency before getting a lethal weapon?
Well Bucky, there are a lot of lethal weapons that don't go bang, some explode some slice and some bash and I bet you got a few in your home, in fact I know you do as in ordinary everyday things.
Are you competent enough.
Yeah wow.

There are no gun free zones

There are areas where honest law abiding citizens are disarmed (not legally allowed to carry) without any real security. The only people who are armed are the active shooters. that is what he meant

=Bucky;1067643524]You have empirical proof of countries implementing common-sense gun law procedures and it reducing crime.
Why don't you peddle your sermons to the people across The Big Water?https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...alised-for-carrying-knives-at-eight-year-high
UKCrimeStats.com - The Leading Independent Crime Data Platform Anti social behavior? For all I know rape could be classified under it. Their classifications are weird.
When you still go against FACTS that just shows me you want shootings and gun violence to continue.
I think for the most part we are doing fine(least ways where we can defend ourselves,and not that Bruce Lee sh**)

Back
Top Bottom