• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I have thought negatively about the right for a long time[W:103]

Then I assume you are against Trump trying to protect manufacturing and coal jobs through taxes and tariffs and throwing out immigrants?

Oh I am most definitely against most of Trump's protectionist and crony capitalist economic policies.

I'm generally FOR Trump throwing out illegal immigrants. Just like Obama did. I mean it IS against the law. All Trump is doing is upholding the law.

Hard to say since there is no such thing as trickle down. It's a left wing invention., thus it can be anything you want it to be. For example, if your definition of trickle down is that average income should rise in relation to income of the top 1% ,then there isn't much of a trickle down, is there? Neat trick!Arguing against a position nobody has.

trickle-down economics is a complete caricature of the original arguments supporting economic growth. No economist has ever argued that in order to make a poor person richer you should make a rich person richer first. Economists have, however, argued that economic growth can make us all better off, whether we are rich or poor.

So why has this trickle-down nonsense persisted for so long? Perhaps because it sets the parameters of debate around redistribution, focussing solely on inequalities in wealth, rather than inequalities in capabilities. If wealth is not trickling down naturally through voluntary processes, then it is up to the government to intervene to ensure it does.

However, there is a much better way to deal with inequalities. Instead of trying to correct inequalities through redistribution, we should ensure that everybody has a chance to participate in our growing economy. First and foremost, this means making sure people acquire the right capabilities and education.
The trickle down straw man | Kiwiblog
more garbage, Supply side economics is putting the money in the hands of business for them to put into capital which is non-financial asset that is used in production of goods or services and By lowering taxes and deregulate, This is deregulate, small hands allowing coal to dump excess from mining into rivers again. Tax cuts is Reagan's tax cut that almost totally went to the wealthy as Small hands tax deduction plan would do also and as all of Ryan right wing biannual budget proposals. . Business putting it into capital won't happen in supply side , as seen by the tax cuts to business to get our of the Bush almost total destruction of our econimy and country, that were cause by a large part by deregulation.. No demand no capital. the only way to create demand is demand side economics putting the money into people hands. So no you don't know what supply side economics are.
Laffer even gave up on the laffer curve which was the basis of supply side economics.

One more time. Try to set your mindless partisan rhetoric aside for one second. WHERE DID I SAY ANYTHING ABOUT MEJICO?

I thought you were a Trumpist. Never mind.

Reality is 'Merica is not a meritocracy. Effort and hard work don't get you nearly as far as daddy's money
Daddy's money is awesome. My kids will inherit daddy's money. My grandkids wll go t college off of daddy's money. Anyone that has kids and doesnt bust their ass to make a better life for their kids and grandkids is a piece of **** in my book.

That being said...hard work takes people from poverty to upper middle income and often to that top 10% status. Whining and pissing yourself over other people and daddy's money...well...that gets you a bunch of excuses for your failure.

I thought you were a Trumpist. Never mind.
No...you mean you just mindlessly posted **** without bothering to read what you were responding to because your are stuck in your blind partisan mindset. Thats what you really meant...right?

Ironic that you would post this the same day the Obama's signed a book deal for $65 million. Sorry to break it to you but both parties cater to the 1%. Why? because that is where the money is.

Obama raised taxes on the 1%. When is the last time a Republican did that?

That being said...hard work takes people from poverty to upper middle income and often to that top 10% status. Whining and pissing yourself over other people and daddy's money...well...that gets you a bunch of excuses for your failure.

Blah blah...pull yourselves up by the bootstraps you can't afford... blah blah.

Daddy's money is awesome. My kids will inherit daddy's money. My grandkids wll go t college off of daddy's money. Anyone that has kids and doesnt bust their ass to make a better life for their kids and grandkids is a piece of **** in my book.

So why even have public schools? Should we get rid of those too?

And what about Medicaid for children of poor families? If their daddies can't pay for their vaccination, well then it's just their tough luck, isn't it?

Is that the kind of society you want to live in?

No...you mean you just mindlessly posted **** without bothering to read what you were responding to because your are stuck in your blind partisan mindset. Thats what you really meant...right?

No, I thought you were a Trumpist. So I was arguing against Trump's position to you. Sorry. My bad.

Blah blah...pull yourselves up by the bootstraps you can't afford... blah blah.
Its sad you think thats blah blah. Meanwhile...illegal immigrants come here...bust their ass, work odd jobs, sell tamales in parking lots, buy a taco cart, expand to two and thee, and create family businesses while living next door to a leftist sitting at home on foo stamps and government assistance whining about his disability and making excuses why he cant work and how the rich people pushed him face first in the mud and stole his last two pennies.

My greatest regret is that we cant keep the illegals and deport the whiny crippled dependent pets.

Its sad you think thats blah blah. Meanwhile...illegal immigrants come here...bust their ass, work odd jobs, sell tamales in parking lots, buy a taco cart, expand to two and thee, and create family businesses while living next door to a leftist sitting at home on foo stamps and government assistance whining about his disability and making excuses why he cant work and how the rich people pushed him face first in the mud and stole his last two pennies.

My greatest regret is that we cant keep the illegals and deport the whiny crippled dependent pets.

OT: Is that you in the avatar? E-6?

No, I thought you were a Trumpist. So I was arguing against Trump's position to you. Sorry. My bad.

If you're just going to continue to cling onto the rabid partisanship, then no you are not sorry.

So why even have public schools? Should we get rid of those too?

And what about Medicaid for children of poor families? If their daddies can't pay for their vaccination, well then it's just their tough luck, isn't it?

Is that the kind of society you want to live in?
How do you even draw tha conclusion? No one has suggested we get rd of public schools. But if you are sincere, we should definitely make changes. We should kill fed involvement and keep taxpayer dollars in the states. We should encourage charter schools. We should encourage public schools to enact real merit based pay systems. We should stop pretending every child belongs in a publc school...even those that destroy the education environment for others. We should reinvest and reinvigorate the tech and trade schools.

Medicaid for poor families...sure. The states can work that out. Massachusetts led the way. We dont need a fed program. Frankly..the health care 'crisis' could have been averted at a much more reasonable cost had the funded local clinics for poor, un, and underemployed citizens.

Se...thats your problem. You think just because we disagree on some things that we must be opponents on all things. I work in the healthcare world. My views on most of this problems are FAR more liberal than most dyed in the wool leftists.

OT: Is that you in the avatar? E-6?

If you're just going to continue to cling onto the rabid partisanship, then no you are not sorry.
I post avatars of heroes. I change them up regularly. That is Sgt First Class Allan Brown.

And of course, you are superman and could never be a whiny crippled dependent pet because... you are too smart and good lookin'?

If something did happen to you, would you be OK with your kids/grandkids being the ones who don't get a chance at even a high school education, or are left to die from an easily treatable condition?

And of course, you are superman and could never be a whiny crippled dependent pet because... you are too smart and good lookin'?

If something did happen to you, would you be OK with your kids/grandkids being the ones who don't get a chance at even a high school education, or are left to die from an easily treatable condition?
If someone has a legitimate disability...thats one thing. We as a community should take care of our community. Self first, then family, then community. Life isnt so complicated. We as a family have provided in home care for people that required 24/7 care. Its what we do. They are our family. If something happens to me, I have prepared for my future so that my kids dont have to but I assume if they have to they will. Gladly. Its who we are.

See...theres a difference between someone with legit needs and someone that cant work because they are too depressed and anxious because a republican won the election.

How do you even draw tha conclusion? No one has suggested we get rd of public schools.

What happened to "hard work takes people from poverty to upper middle income and often to that top 10% status. Whining and pissing yourself over other people and daddy's money...well...that gets you a bunch of excuses for your failure".

Public schools take "other people and daddy's money" to pay for some snotty nosed lazy brat. Why are you OK with that?

Medicaid for poor families...sure. The states can work that out. Massachusetts led the way. We dont need a fed program.

A lot of Medicaid money comes from the feds. Besides, we are arguing about governments taking "other people and daddy's money" to redistribute it and making everyone lazy. What does the size of the jurisdiction have anything to do with it?

What happened to "hard work takes people from poverty to upper middle income and often to that top 10% status. Whining and pissing yourself over other people and daddy's money...well...that gets you a bunch of excuses for your failure".

Public schools take "other people and daddy's money" to pay for some snotty nosed lazy brat. Why are you OK with that?

A lot of Medicaid money comes from the feds. Besides, we are arguing about governments taking "other people and daddy's money" to redistribute it and making everyone lazy. What does the size of the jurisdiction have anything to do with it?
Geezus you draw some strange conclusions....

If someone has a legitimate disability...thats one thing. We as a community should take care of our community. Self first, then family, then community. Life isnt so complicated. We as a family have provided in home care for people that required 24/7 care. Its what we do. They are our family. If something happens to me, I have prepared for my future so that my kids dont have to but I assume if they have to they will. Gladly. Its who we are.

See...theres a difference between someone with legit needs and someone that cant work because they are too depressed and anxious because a republican won the election.

Is it possible that the number of people on welfare WITHOUT legit needs is exaggerated and is not as bad as you seem to think?

U.S. Uncut
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/21/...es-corrupting-influence-on-the-poor.html?_r=0

RE:Is it possible that the number of people on welfare WITHOUT legit needs is exaggerated and is not as bad as you seem to think?

No. Its literally not.

Do you have any data to support this? Or is this something you heard on Fox News?

RE:Is it possible that the number of people on welfare WITHOUT legit needs is exaggerated and is not as bad as you seem to think?

Do you have any data to support this? Or is this something you heard on Fox News?
Whenever you decide you want to drop the Fox News tard responses...let me know.

Back
Top Bottom