• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I have found Religion!

Actually, I have long thought that the Star of Bethlehem that appeared when JC was supposedly born, was a mother ship and Jesus, with his message of peace and love (and miracles) most likely came from the mother ship because Earth's societies needed him. Shrug...it's as plausible as anything else.

You guys have all these far out claims and theories, but no evidence to support them. It's like dreaming. And you say it's as plausible as the Gospels and New Testament? In what universe is that claim of yours valid?

From plain water? I think not...

And, suddenly you are putting restrictions on what constitutes a miracle. How very egotistical of you.

If Adam and Eve were taught the gospel of Christ as the LDS scriptures teach, then having elements of Christianity in religions pre Christ is just aspects of the true authorized religion surving in later man made religions that sprung up.

And, suddenly you are putting restrictions on what constitutes a miracle. How very egotistical of you.

Nah, just letting you know that's what Jesus did and at the same time pointing out that's impossible for you to do, that's all...

Nah, just letting you know that's what Jesus did and at the same time pointing out that's impossible for you to do, that's all...

You are making claims about the STORIES of Jesus, written decades after the fact. I can show the sun NOW.

No, it's your nonsense that's sad.

Show me a pre-Jesus writing on Mithra that mirrors the Jesus we see in scripture?

Let's see that bad boy!

There are no mentions of the Cult of Mithras before 100CE. But as with most Roman bastardizations of other cultures they have conquered, they had Mithras for awhile, and just never wrote it down. Because check this out, Romans didn't have an official religion, in fact they had freedom of religion. And they had thousands of gods. Some of which where never ever recorded on anything.

Plus, even if you want to stick to the Narrative that the Cult of Mithra forming in 100 CE means that's when the Romans just magically started believing in the guy. 100 CE is still before the Roman Catholic Church and their creation of the Holy Bible. Which was 400 CE. So by the time, that book you love so much was put together, and canon established. The Cult of Mithra had about 300 years to flourish. While the Romans were busy hunting down and murdering the Cult of Jesus.

So when they were establishing Canon, 400 years after Christs death. They had to figure out away to draw Pagans into the fold. So they stole from Roman Pagan Gods and gave Christ divinity. And a virgin Birth. And took all the sex holidays like Christmas (sex orgy holdiay) and easter (sex holiday) and made them about the birth and resurrection. Jesus coming back from the dead, its all about spring. hence, Easter being on the same ****ing day as the Pagan spring whatever.

Truth is Jesus was a rabbi, a regular man, who was much like Martin Luther. You know that Protestant Reformer. And he started a reformation movement of the Jewish faith. They called him King of the Jews, and the Romans said, it's illegal to claim to be a king. So they tried to stamp out his cult following. But it spread, and eventually, the pacifist blah blah blah.

Point is. I studied Roman History, Yale to be precise, and all most everything you know about your own faith is bull****. Historically speaking.

If Adam and Eve were taught the gospel of Christ as the LDS scriptures teach, then having elements of Christianity in religions pre Christ is just aspects of the true authorized religion surving in later man made religions that sprung up.

Tell us more, I do so love to hear about the LDS scriptures. So amazing that we learned the real truth from a magic rock in a hat.

#Imagine the biggest most dramatic eye roll you have ever seen in your entire life right now.

You are making claims about the STORIES of Jesus, written decades after the fact. I can show the sun NOW.

Good for you...some people have the ability to "see" beyond the physical...some don't...

Good for you...some people have the ability to see beyond the physical...some don't...

Seeing 'beyond the physical' for many is 'making things up'.

Good for you...some people have the ability to "see" beyond the physical...some don't...

So you're a witch, I wouldn't go spreading that around. Christians are under obligation to kill all witches. Like straight up. Can't let a witch live. And if you have some sort of super natural ability to see beyond the physical world. That's a witch power.

Might want to keep that on the down low. Granted most Christians today don't follow the bible, so you probably won't be burned alive. I'd stay away from the deep south tho.

So you're a witch, I wouldn't go spreading that around. Christians are under obligation to kill all witches. Like straight up. Can't let a witch live. And if you have some sort of super natural ability to see beyond the physical world. That's a witch power.

Might want to keep that on the down low. Granted most Christians today don't follow the bible, so you probably won't be burned alive. I'd stay away from the deep south tho.

A spiritual person is one who views matters through the eyes of faith...capable of seeing things from God’s viewpoint...

“We are walking by faith, not by sight.”​ 2 Cor. 5:7

"Teach me good sense and knowledge,
For I have put my trust in your commandments." Psalm 119:66

Anyway, we've gotten off track. This isn't a thread on Christianity. It's a thread on worshiping the sun.

And the premise of the thread is.

I have proven my god exists. Can you. Questioning me on mythology of 2000 years ago is not providing evidence that your god exists. Nor claiming miracles that quite frankly any common street performer can do.

Prove your god exists, like mine. Show evidence, make a point. Questioning my knowledge or your religion doesn't prove a damn thing. Other than how much you people don't know about your own ****ing religion.

A spiritual person is one who views matters through the eyes of faith...capable of seeing things from God’s viewpoint...

“We are walking by faith, not by sight.”​ 2 Cor. 5:7

"Teach me good sense and knowledge,
For I have put my trust in your commandments." Psalm 119:66

Then you don't see beyond, you're making guesses and closing your eyes to any further information.

And once again, I don't care about bible quotes. It's a terrible, terrible book and it has zero credibility with me. You would get further quoting from whatever bible Devil worshipers use. It would be a less evil book. That is how much I hate the bible. The book that tells you to blindly follow it.

If you could see God's point of view, you could spot some of that evidence of his existence. Like, close your eyes, and turn on your god vision. What do you see, what is god doing right now, sitting on his couch? Creating a new, improved version of the duck? Call out what you see, clues as to his location. Anything.

There are no mentions of the Cult of Mithras before 100CE.

Exactly. Which is why Christianity didn't borrow from Mithra.

But as with most Roman bastardizations of other cultures they have conquered, they had Mithras for awhile, and just never wrote it down. Because check this out, Romans didn't have an official religion, in fact they had freedom of religion. And they had thousands of gods. Some of which where never ever recorded on anything.

Plus, even if you want to stick to the Narrative that the Cult of Mithra forming in 100 CE means that's when the Romans just magically started believing in the guy. 100 CE is still before the Roman Catholic Church and their creation of the Holy Bible. Which was 400 CE. So by the time, that book you love so much was put together, and canon established. The Cult of Mithra had about 300 years to flourish. While the Romans were busy hunting down and murdering the Cult of Jesus.

So when they were establishing Canon, 400 years after Christs death. They had to figure out away to draw Pagans into the fold. So they stole from Roman Pagan Gods and gave Christ divinity. And a virgin Birth. And took all the sex holidays like Christmas (sex orgy holdiay) and easter (sex holiday) and made them about the birth and resurrection. Jesus coming back from the dead, its all about spring. hence, Easter being on the same ****ing day as the Pagan spring whatever.

The divinity of Christ is seen in the 1st century New Testament.

Easter is not a word you will find in the NT. Passover is.

Point is. I studied Roman History, Yale to be precise, and all most everything you know about your own faith is bull****. Historically speaking.

<facepalm>

Yeah, I've only got two degrees and 40 years of study in Biblical Theology so what would I know, right? You have what?

Exactly. Which is why Christianity didn't borrow from Mithra.

The divinity of Christ is seen in the 1st century New Testament.

Easter is not a word you will find in the NT. Passover is.

<facepalm>

Yeah, I've only got two degrees and 40 years of study in Biblical Theology so what would I know, right? You have what?

You have 2 degrees in bull****, from a bull**** college, that's whole focus is on a bull**** book. I can write a bull**** book, form a college around it, and offer degrees in bull****. Doesn't mean a damn thing.

Now actual history. Taught at an actual school. Does. And it says. Canon wasn't determined til 400 CE. Also says that just the Cult, formed. Not the belief of Mithra. A cult consisting of all men. The Pagan god Mithra was a mainstay of the Romans well before that.

Now stop hijacking my damn thread to talk about your imaginary friend not being based on another guys imaginary friend.

You can come back to the topic as soon as you prove one simple thing. That your god exists, right now, at this time. Not 2000 years ago. Now.

I have proven my God exists. Now it's your turn. If you can't. Then why should I discuss anything with a crazy person that believes in something with no evidence. Especially, if that have two degrees on the subject and still can't prove the guy exists.

I have proof my god exists. Do you ?

You have 2 degrees in bull****, from a bull**** college, that's whole focus is on a bull**** book. I can write a bull**** book, form a college around it, and offer degrees in bull****. Doesn't mean a damn thing.

Now actual history. Taught at an actual school. Does. And it says. Canon wasn't determined til 400 CE. Also says that just the Cult, formed. Not the belief of Mithra. A cult consisting of all men. The Pagan god Mithra was a mainstay of the Romans well before that.

Now stop hijacking my damn thread to talk about your imaginary friend not being based on another guys imaginary friend.

You can come back to the topic as soon as you prove one simple thing. That your god exists, right now, at this time. Not 2000 years ago. Now.

I have proven my God exists. Now it's your turn. If you can't. Then why should I discuss anything with a crazy person that believes in something with no evidence. Especially, if that have two degrees on the subject and still can't prove the guy exists.

I have proof my god exists. Do you ?

Newsflash...you don't own a thread nor can you control what other people post on it, especially in this forum, where both sides are allowed...

LOL! That from the one who has no degrees and no forty years of study in Biblical Theology.

You're the one who mentioned Mithra in Post # 55, responding to another poster in Post # 54 who first mentioned it. I was only responding to you.

What's more, you dredged up another so-called pagan deity in your OP, claiming Jesus was Horus "repackaged". I shot that lie down as well.

So apparently you highjacked your own thread first, LOL!

Newsflash...you don't own a thread nor can you control what other people post on it, especially in this forum, where both sides are allowed...

Newsflash... You still haven't backed up the claim that you can see by faith through the eyes of god. Best get on that. Lest you look like a liar.

It's happened, I found a god I could actually prove exists, that is responsible for all of life on earth, and continues to provide us with sustenance even today. Without my god, we would all die instantly.

In fact, Jesus may well be based on my god. I know a few Egyptian gods were, and Jesus is basically Horus repackaged.

And the funny thing is, this god has been staring us in the faces this entire time.

It's called the Sun. And it's great.

I don't have to pray to it. I don't have to worry about it judging me. And most importantly, I can prove it exists. And prove that we wouldn't exist without it.

Here's how. If you doubt my god exists. Go outside during the daytime. Look up at the sky. It's the big round orange red thing. Now here's how I can prove we wouldn't exist without it. If the sun didn't exist, the Earth would never have formed.

The sun itself was created by the Universe, I guess you could consider the Universe the father, and the sun the son. Hey kinda like Jehova and Jesus. Wow. I wonder if that's a coincidence. (I'm lying I know it's not a coincidence)

So who wants to join me? You would be joining some prestigious ranks. George Carlin for one was a sun worshiper, he's the guy who turned me onto it.
Does your religion include a theodicy justifying such religious phenomena as basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma? ;)

LOL! That from the one who has no degrees and no forty years of study in Biblical Theology.

You're the one who mentioned Mithra in Post # 55, responding to another poster in Post # 54 who first mentioned it. I was only responding to you.

What's more, you dredged up another so-called pagan deity in your OP, claiming Jesus was Horus "repackaged". I shot that lie down as well.

So apparently you highjacked your own thread first, LOL!

Yeah, and I backed up my claim by describing historical events. You just basically said "Not true, I have degrees in the bible and 40 years studying the bible." And then took us onto a tangent where you placed the burden of proof on me to prove something about your religion. As if I failed to prove something about your religion that made my claim about my god invalid.

What I have is not relevant to the argument. If you need to rely on a degree to bring validity to your words, then your argument is weak. My mentioning Yale, is me sourcing my information. Not bragging that I have a degree. So that you can look up the classes and possibly take them.

Now, if you are done trying to get me to educate you on your own religion. I would like to talk more about the Sun. With other people. Not you. You annoy me something fierce.

Newsflash... You still haven't backed up the claim that you can see by faith through the eyes of god. Best get on that. Lest you look like a liar.

And you're acting like a spoiled brat...:2wave:

Does your religion include a theodicy justifying such religious phenomena as basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma? ;)

Nope. It doesn't justify anything, to anyone. Because why would a god have to justify itself. It does what it does, and let's us do what we do. It's not asking us to justify sunscreen to protect us from it. So, it's pretty fair like that.

And you're acting like a spoiled brat...:2wave:

Actually, I'm acting like a Christian. I'm positing a belief and attacking anyone else who even slightly disagrees with me. I'm claiming I have proof. While dismissing anyone else's proof as false, because it doesn't meet my standards. I'm doing a lot of things that Christians do.

Isn't religion fun.

Back
Top Bottom