• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I have a few questions I would like to ask supporters of the president.

The O/P doesn't really want to learn from you the reasons we are Trump supporters, he's more interested in telling you that your reasons aren't good enough.
At least that's the way it's coming across to me.

I could accept that if they have a good argument for why mine missed the mark. I don't require that anybody agree with me in order to make a good argument for something. Anybody who can rebut me thoughtfully and with substance gets kudos from me. But inferring what I REALLY MEAN from my post and/or otherwise distorting it by addition or omission is really lame, if not downright dishonest, and would pretty much give the debate to the opponent in any formal debate in the country.

I could accept that if they have a good argument for why mine missed the mark. I don't require that anybody agree with me in order to make a good argument for something. Anybody who can rebut me thoughtfully and with substance gets kudos from me. But inferring what I REALLY MEAN from my post and/or otherwise distorting it by addition or omission is really lame, if not downright dishonest, and would pretty much give the debate to the opponent in any formal debate in the country.

He certainly did not live up to what he said in his original post, did he? He was more interested in shooting the messenger. His loss.
. I am a progressive but I really want to know why you support your president.

I gave you specific things that Trump has done for the country. If you want more, start threads...or pick one to talk about in more detail.

No, no you did not. Propaganda, glittering generalities, is all you've offered; all you ever do.

The O/P doesn't really want to learn from you the reasons we are Trump supporters, he's more interested in telling you that your reasons aren't good enough.
At least that's the way it's coming across to me.

StuPedaso is doing the same thing.

No really, you guys have nothing specific to brag about little djt's accomplishments; because he's accomplished NOTHING.

shrug...

Don't cry.

I'm not crying, this too will pass. But when djt leaves office and has accomplished NOTHING, assuming he doesn't destroy the Country in the process, then what are you going to do? Bash liberals with the propaganda of the day, you're a one trick phony; tricks are for kids.

I'm not crying, this too will pass. But when djt leaves office and has accomplished NOTHING, assuming he doesn't destroy the Country in the process, then what are you going to do? Bash liberals with the propaganda of the day, you're a one trick phony; tricks are for kids.

Trump has already accomplished more good for the US in less than two years than Obama dreamed of doing...but failed to do...in eight. (And trump has more than six years to go.)

Not that poster but at this point in time it would probably be more fortuitous if you asked yourself why he was elected.
Or at least seek out some Obamacare covered care for that two-year old case of butt-hurt. :lamo

Trump has already accomplished more good for the US in less than two years than Obama dreamed of doing...but failed to do...in eight. (And trump has more than six years to go.)

The only thing that's actually happened on djt's watch is the tax package and that had NOTHING to do with little djt; which he'll be bragging about himself once it's clear just what a bad deal it is for middle America.

The only thing that's actually happened on djt's watch is the tax package and that had NOTHING to do with little djt; which he'll be bragging about himself once it's clear just what a bad deal it is for middle America.

Since you only listen to half of the mainstream media, of course...that's what YOU would think. Stop listening to them and you'll realize that my list is completely correct.

Since you only listen to half of the mainstream media, of course...that's what YOU would think. Stop listening to them and you'll realize that my list is completely correct.

Your list? Your list is devoid of any specifics; it's high school propaganda 101, section - glittering generalities.<--period

I've asked you for specifics repeatedly; you've never given me one. Not your fault … because … there are NONE.

Last edited:
Your list? Your list is devoid of any specifics; it's high school propaganda 101, section - glittering generalities.<--period

I've asked you for specifics repeatedly; you've never given me one. Not your fault … because … there are NONE.

Here you go again...crying.

Is this what you wanted for this country when you voted for him. Do you think it is OK that the president lies non stop dailly on every subject he is confronted with or do you think he is telling the truth. Is this man what you want as a example for your children. If your a evangelical, how do you overlook this mans ungodly faults or is he your type of christian. Also are the issues that he pursues and the way he acts show any level of christianity. Do you support his hatred and attacks of all the institutions of this country or are these something you think should be changed so you support him. What has he done to improve this country. Do you care one way or the other on how much influence that other countries seemingly had in deciding the last election. Do you think that all of your presidents people having all these meeting with russian agents is just nothing to worry about or do you not care how The president got into office. Do you think that Your presidents actions would be found to be acceptable , if it wasn't for the media. Do you think the media is as critical or more critical then any other period of time during the last few decades. Do you perceive that you and your president is treated unfairly and how. Just hoping that maybe some of you right wingers would explain this support of the president or is it simply blind support. I am a progressive but I really want to know why you support your president.

It amazes me that one side or the other expects them to change their stripes. It was that long ago quite a lot of Republicans making the same case against Obama, that the Obamabots could watch him kill 20 people in front of a national TV audience and they would still support them. History shows that 90% of Republicans on average will support a Republican president and 90% of Democrats, a democratic president regardless of what they do. You can call it partisanship, ideologues, polarization, loyalty to party and your party's president, whatever.

Also Trump supporters view the president through an entirely different glasses than those who oppose him. Different political philosophies result in supporting different candidates and parties. That is just the nature of our politics. With national elections and national politics it is what independents, the non-affiliated that is much more important than what either of the two parties think. Independents, the non-affiliated have climbed to 45% of the total electorate over the last ten or so years. That is up from 30% in 2005 as polarization, movement of the two parties further and further to the extreme right and left has resulted in a mass shrinkage of those who affiliate or identify with the two parties today. Fact is neither of our two major parties represent middle America anymore. Hence the shrinkage and voting for the candidate one least wants to lose ala 2016. Not necessarily the one they want to win, just the one they least want to lose.

Here you go again...crying.

I'm not crying … I have complete faith in my country to survive djt after all we have the Constitution of These United States, the Greatest Document ever written by men for mankind, to see us through. Little djt is just a bump in the road.

If you genuinely want people to respond to you questions, take Mycroft's and Veritas1's suggestions seriously. People are more likely to respond to well organized and structured questions, rather than a wall of text/stream of consciousness paragraph. (I'm not saying you questions are invalid, btw)
Not much in the OP that could be turned into objective questions - mostly just accusatory statements couched as inquiry; along the lines of the infamous "when did you stop being your wife".

I'm not crying … I have complete faith in my country to survive djt after all we have the Constitution of These United States, the Greatest Document ever written by men for mankind, to see us through. Little djt is just a bump in the road.

yawn...

You are bringing nothing new to the table.

Moving on...

And that's the tRump supporter philosophy as succinctly as I've ever seen it stated. Translation: destroy These United States, The Constitution and all our ancestors have fought for rather than let one thing that $%&# predecessor of little djt's did stand.

My heart breaks, for my beloved Untied States!

That's funny. Someone else around here does that with his name. You guys should be friends.

And that's the tRump supporter philosophy as succinctly as I've ever seen it stated. Translation: destroy These United States, The Constitution and all our ancestors have fought for rather than let one thing that $%&# predecessor of little djt's did stand.

My heart breaks, for my beloved Untied States!
So your heart breaks because Trump in undoing some of the things a man who promised to "fundamentally transform America" did in that pursuit?

So would I. But they don't seem to know much beyond the assigned talking points, slurs, hate speech, and echo chamber.
You had to see from the very begining this thread it wasnt going to envoke an honest discussion about thr principles of governance. It was destined to devolve into a name calling fest directed at trump and those that support the direction he is leading in.

Just look at the OP where he is basicaly asking how anyone can be stupid enough to vote for an evil monster like trump.

These people are not imterested in an honest debate. They are extremely pissed off that they are not getting things their way. I cant say i blame them either considering the mass repudiation thats been incrimentally takung place since 2010. They are just waking up to tje fact that their choices have consequences.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

That's funny. Someone else around here does that with his name. You guys should be friends.

I don't know about anyone else, but from my perspective there is nothing capital about him … except his outsized fat ass.

It's just as OK as it was when past presidents lied non stop but were not called on the lying.

In short, it's not acceptable.
What was trumps worst lie for you?

yawn...

You are bringing nothing new to the table.

Moving on...

Nice try … you capitulate … I get it; propaganda 101, section - pretend you've won even though you lost. Right out of djt's play book.

What was trumps worst lie for you?

Ha! I'm sitting here laughing my ass off at that one. Does he stop lying? I've probably heard just 10% of them and I'm overwhelmed. That doesn't mean I think he's all bad though, his lies can be part of his way of getting things done, I prefer to wait until the end of a term before I kill a person. I didn't say boo about Obama for 3 full years and when I did I expressed concern, after his reelection I went full tilt against him.

I really want to see Trumps end game, I guess what bugs me the most to date (and this is just my opinion) is him signing into law warrantless searches. It may not be a big deal to some, but for me it flies in the face of our collective and individual rights.

You really need to chop up the OP and add question marks. The one question that stood out to me the most was, "what good has he done for America" I believe it read. Well, I'll tell you from a personal stance.

I now have $2,000 more per year of my money for awhile as well as my fiance. Together, that is over 4k. People love to talk like that's peanuts, but it's absolutely not. That money is going to go a long way.

Also, the tax bill gave cuts to businesses and corporations that helped create jobs, give out bonuses, increase wages, etc.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/01/11/list-companies-paid-bonuses-boosted-pay-since-tax-bill-passed/1023848001/

For being so critical of how you communicated your thoughts, others sure seemed to know what questions you were asking well enough to accurately rephrase them and deftly avoid giving straightforward answers.
That part has never bothered me , I know I get my points across well enough for them to respond . I'm surprised mostly by the number of people who will pipe up to tell me they won't respond to me or waste everyone's time here by shooting insults at me instead of responding to the question. Probably my biggest question though is what the hell are the insults for , to get to me somehow . If that's the reason why would they think that they can get to me. Is it normal to being blown off target by a few less then accurate hate comments. In reality it strengthens my progressive points and says it all about who the right is made up of. Anyone.

Back
Top Bottom