• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'I Don't Want Justice': Politico Founder Wants President Biden Even If He's A Sexual Predator

bubbabgone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Martin Tolchin, a co-founder of Politico and The Hill as well as a former member of The Times' Washington bureau, wrote in and admitted that he didn't want an investigation into the allegation. Tolchin wrote that this was simply because it could damage the chance to beat President Donald Trump, adding that he didn't even want justice for Reade if her allegation proved true.
'I totally disagree with this editorial [the NYT]. I don't want an investigation. I want a coronation of Joe Biden,' Tolchin wrote according to the NYT. 'I don't want justice, whatever that may be. I want a win, the removal of Donald Trump from office, and Mr. Biden is our best chance.'

‘I Don’t Want Justice’: Politico Founder Wants President Biden Even If He’s A Sexual Predator | The Daily Caller

Finally. Someone with some juice comes clean about what many have been thinking but weren't honest enough to say.

do you guys want investigations into Trump's sexual assault allegations?

just trying to get a handle on if you guys are like Tolchin.

What kind of “juice’” does Tolchin have?

He’s 91, right?

Well ... "Martin Tolchin, a co-founder of Politico and The Hill as well as a former member of The Times’ Washington bureau " and it got him into the NYT again.

He's even older than Biden. Are suggesting he's also senile and that it explains his candor?

so you're just gonna dodge the question?

You mean investigate Trump? Wasn't that already done years ago? You want to do it again as they investigate Biden? Go for it.
The thread is about the attitude ... does Tolchin reflect your thoughts?

Well ... "Martin Tolchin, a co-founder of Politico and The Hill as well as a former member of The Times’ Washington bureau " and it got him into the NYT again.

He's even older than Biden. Are suggesting he's also senile and that it explains his candor?

Don’t know the man. Never heard of him until your thread. You seem to think the past accomplishments give some extra ‘juice’ to an old man’s opinion. You seem to think he represents more than his own view, yes?

You mean investigate Trump? Wasn't that already done years ago? You want to do it again as they investigate Biden? Go for it.
The thread is about the attitude ... does Tolchin reflect your thoughts?

i asked you if you are like Tolchin (don't want your guy investigated). you won't answer.

that gives us the answer.

Don’t know the man. Never heard of him until your thread. You seem to think the past accomplishments give some extra ‘juice’ to an old man’s opinion. You seem to think he represents more than his own view, yes?

I think his thoughts represent many of those here on DP ... but not only those on DP ... only he's put them in print.
Don't you think so too?

Dems should make that their new slogan. After all they've been running on it already for at least the last 3 1/2 years: 'I don't want justice, whatever that may be. I want a win

The Party of tRump has a simple slogan as well- 'I don't want the truth, whatever that maybe, I want a win. I live in a world filled with 'alternate facts' '... :peace

i asked you if you are like Tolchin (don't want your guy investigated). you won't answer.

that gives us the answer.

I just answered, and very clearly. You responded to it.
There were only 5 short sentences. The answer was in the first four.

I think his thoughts represent many of those here on DP ... but not only those on DP ... only he's put them in print.
Don't you think so too?

I’m not sure what you are asking. I don’t think I have posted anything here or elsewhere that lumps me in your group. I am firmly anti-Trump, been so long before he decided to become a politician. He continues to reinforce my opinion of him, almost daily.

I think Joe Biden’s best is behind him. There seems to be some contradictions in the allegations and some significant time passage since the incident. Let the chips fall where they will. Are you an advocate for the same playbook for the goose and gander?

Our Presidential elections have long been choices between two less than perfect people, don’t you think?

Don't you think so too?

Perhaps, however it seems to be those who oppose Biden for President who wish to think this as a partisan projection... One thing I have noted among the very old here is how fanatic they are when it comes to their politics. Think on those here on the rabid right who are over 70 and how vehement they are about the 'E-Viles' of liberals, dems and such. Not saying younger tRumpers aren't fiery, but there is a certain higher level of insistence with the silver backs...

If one is to believe one old fart's comments represents the majority then does Robert and the other old Conservatives represent you? I thought you gave issues a bit more contemplation before posting, or are you just trolling??? :peace

I’m not sure what you are asking. I don’t think I have posted anything here or elsewhere that lumps me in your group. I am firmly anti-Trump, been so long before he decided to become a politician. He continues to reinforce my opinion of him, almost daily.

I think Joe Biden’s best is behind him. There seems to be some contradictions in the allegations and some significant time passage since the incident. Let the chips fall where they will. Are you an advocate for the same playbook for the goose and gander?

Our Presidential elections have long been choices between two less than perfect people, don’t you think?

2 Less than perfect candidates? For sure.
One has an unappealing personality but the right policies.
The other has problems in both areas, with heavy dollop of mental instability in the mix.

But the thread is about the attitude toward each ... not of each.

Perhaps, however it seems to be those who oppose Biden for President who wish to think this as a partisan projection... One thing I have noted among the very old here is how fanatic they are when it comes to their politics. Think on those here on the rabid right who are over 70 and how vehement they are about the 'E-Viles' of liberals, dems and such. Not saying younger tRumpers aren't fiery, but there is a certain higher level of insistence with the silver backs...

If one is to believe one old fart's comments represents the majority then does Robert and the other old Conservatives represent you? I thought you gave issues a bit more contemplation before posting, or are you just trolling??? :peace

Robert who?
I believe that particular old fart's comments do represent the unspoken political attitude of the prominent faces you see daily in any election year. They just don't dare say it out loud.
And there have already been threads about hypocrisy so I thought some candor on the subject from someone with a resume' was in order.

I just answered, and very clearly. You responded to it.
There were only 5 short sentences. The answer was in the first four.

So you do want Donald Trump's sexual allegations investigated, correct?

2 Less than perfect candidates? For sure.
One has an unappealing personality but the right policies.
The other has problems in both areas, with heavy dollop of mental instability in the mix.

But the thread is about the attitude toward each ... not of each.

I liken your thread to a poster finding a headline that confirms their pre-conceived bias and posting it as evidence of the right of their view or the wrong of the opposing view, while not reading the entire article......

Robert who? I believe that particular old fart's comments do represent the unspoken political attitude of the prominent faces you see daily in any election year. They just don't dare say it out loud. And there have already been threads about hypocrisy so I thought some candor on the subject from someone with a resume' was in order.

Robertinfremont and some ENSinSeattle. You can't be serious about no idea about how the elderly rabid right spout off in here and still want to claim you think you know about some 'unspoken attitude' on the left... :roll:

One thing I have noticed in everyone is uber brave sitting at a keyboard so they dare quite a bit... ;)

Well if it's candor you wish, then I'd say you need to admit this is more driven by your bias than any observed attitude... :peace

So you do want Donald Trump's sexual allegations investigated, correct?

I don't care.
Go for it ... again.
The point was to call attention to the unspoken (until now) political posturing that you haven't addressed.

The only review we need is "Trump screwed up . . . again."

I liken your thread to a poster finding a headline that confirms their pre-conceived bias and posting it as evidence of the right of their view or the wrong of the opposing view, while not reading the entire article......

Liken it to whatever makes you comfortable.
It is what it is.
And what it is is the first public mention that I've seen of an attitude tailored to a desired end in such stark terms.

No, the politico official said nothing of the sort.

do you guys want investigations into Trump's sexual assault allegations?

just trying to get a handle on if you guys are like Tolchin.

The last time the media decided to investigate an allegation against Trump the accuser suggested that rape was sexy.

Back
Top Bottom