• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I don't Understand Planks In Party Platforms

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
How much of a purpose do they serve? I've been recently reading a few things about the planks they are putting in the Republican platform and it makes me wonder, "Whats the point"? Why put in things that Trump has no intention of honoring? Why do we have the establishment Republicans making the planks in the platform for an obviously anti-establishment nominee that won't follow the platform?

How much of a purpose do they serve? I've been recently reading a few things about the planks they are putting in the Republican platform and it makes me wonder, "Whats the point"? Why put in things that Trump has no intention of honoring? Why do we have the establishment Republicans making the planks in the platform for an obviously anti-establishment nominee that won't follow the platform?

What purpose do they serve..............Little.............and most often not items the elected officials will attempt to accomplish............are meant to appeal to various interest and voting blocks.........

Or Google defined..........

A political party platform or platform is a formal set of principal goals which are supported by a political party or individual candidate, in order to appeal to the general public, for the ultimate purpose of garnering the general public's support and votes about complicated topics or issues.

SEE:
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=navclient&ie=utf-8&gws_rd=ssl#q=political+party+platforms

Because they are desperate to make people believe that if Trump won he would act like a Good Conservative Republican, it only fools the mindless sheep, the vast majority know Trump is a BS artist.

You will understand the Republican plank when the mainstream GOP makes Donald Trump walk it. Aye, mateys. :mrgreen:

They serve as a basis for Party unity, but American politicians need room to maneuver. In generations' past, party platforms were more reliable, perhaps because you had more evidence of disparate factions of parties than what currently exists.

Since Trump won the election in pretty close to a landslide then the party platform should be a Trump platform, not the establishment Republican party platform, of which he whooped their asses.

Back
Top Bottom