• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hybrid

Solace

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I have recently found myself interested in an FPS game that has been in development for the past 7 years (since 2003). When I first heard of the game today, I was like sounds pretty awesome. I then saw that it was announced in 2003 and was like "oh, this was probably scrapped," however I was pleased when I went to the developer's website and saw that the game is still in development, and that the reason the game is taking so long to develop is because they are using a game engine that is still in it's development stages (just like the game is). Here's the game's official website, and below is the game's official announcement, courtesy of GameSpot: Vulcan Software - Hybrid - Sci-Fi 3D First Person Shooter for PC

UK-based Vulcan Software has announced that it's working on Hybrid, a futuristic first-person shooter in which players will assume the role of Lieutenant Marek Hale of the resource and cargo ship Navasota. At the end of a six-month voyage to a mining facility on one of Neptune's moons, Hale awakes to the sound of ship alarms, explosions, and screaming. The Navasota, it seems, has been intercepted by an alien vessel of unknown origin, and its self destruct sequence has been initiated.

"We are very excited about the development of Hybrid," said Vulcan director Paul Carrington. "Having invested heavily in our own 3D technology, we are anxious to show the world a new breed of FPS, in which stunning 3D visuals provide more than a mere backdrop to the gameplay by offering extensive interactive possibilities. There will be countless ways to kill, evade, or fool the enemy characters, who possess AI systems that allow them to use the interactivity of the environments to their own advantage."

Players will have to single-handedly take on the alien hybrid race, and as they progress through the game, they'll take in a number of different locales, ranging from the interior of the Navasota to the surface of the Neptunian moon Nereid. No release date or publisher has been announced for Hybrid at this time.

Source: Hybrid announced - PC News at GameSpot

Back
Top Bottom