• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Human jaw found in the Levant- 50K years older than ever found before

I don’t believe that’s true....even the Sahara and Arabian deserts were wet at some point- 40,000 and 12,000 years ago, respectively.

https://www.thenational.ae/uae/when...ed-early-man-make-leap-out-of-africa-1.114720

But...but but but but, weren't we taught that the Earth is only six thousand years old?

Yes, theories can be proven wrong, but to simply say "It's just a theory, doesn't mean anything" would be a bad argument.

Yes, theories can be proven wrong, but to simply say "It's just a theory, doesn't mean anything" would be a bad argument.

That's why I've said nothing like that. On the other hand, using theories as if they were facts and a closed case, merely because they are generally accepted, is a far poorer excuse for intellect.

That's why I've said nothing like that. On the other hand, using theories as if they were facts and a closed case, merely because they are generally accepted, is a far poorer excuse for intellect.

Got it. I guess I can't assume the gravity is real since it's only a theory.

I don’t believe that’s true....even the Sahara and Arabian deserts were wet at some point- 40,000 and 12,000 years ago, respectively.

https://www.thenational.ae/uae/when...ed-early-man-make-leap-out-of-africa-1.114720

The three oldest known deserts and the geological underpinnings can easily be researched. It's a question of substrata, earthquakes, volcanoes and such. The Negev and the Gobi both about 1.65 mil years old, with the Tanami more than 1.75 million years of age. There is water under the Peninsula and that desert stretch can be revived. The Sahara is a very different story. Wherever Arabs have gone there is desert. No, that's not anti islamic, there are Jewish, Christian and Mari Arabs. You still need to learn the differences between types of deserts. And the most populous islamic nation is not an Arab nation, nor does it have any deserts.

Enjoy doing the research. Time for me to start preparing dinner for the wife and myself. Last night was takeout, and we're still suffering from over eating. I need to come up with a light, but fulfilling meal, and I've been procrastinating.

I guess a blizzard of irrelevant facts allows you to avoid the point...which is that the entry to the Middle East from Africa was not restricted by vast desert as it is today, and Mesopotamia (which has nothing to do with the Negev desert) was a wetland in the Neolithic and probably before that, too.

My understanding is:
Basque is a language isolate.
Catalan is a Romance language, different branch than Spanish but still related.
Most European languages fall under the Indo-European family of languages, not all.
Where did you get this information I have not come across it before?

Oh, you’ll find him a font of information no one has ever come across before!

Witch still makes no sense simply because of what we know of the Arab migrations from sub-Sahara Africa. Mongols, Uyghurs, Han and Kazakhs among others have lived and live on the Gobi. Deserts are not an obstacle to human migration.

https://www.jstor.org/journal/jlinguistics Have a field day. Theories abound. Theories are not facts.

Thank you

You're welcome. There are 100's more if you care to look. BTW, nothing you suggested was inherently wrong. If you read back in the thread, I suggested "recent theories show" as part of my statement. Doesn't make them right. It merely shows different evidence and the same evidence can conjure different opinions and theories.

As a almost life long amateur guitarist and songster, I've amassed a significant quantity of Gaelic songs I occasionally perform, not always knowing the meanings of the lyrics. I am no linguist by any stretch of the imagination, and can barely speak American English. One evening, about 25 years or so ago, I was on stage at Max's Kansas City on an open mic night, trying to play and sing an Irish lullaby in Gaelic. Another fellow joined me and accompanied my singing with lyrics in another language. Afterwards, he said his version of the lyrics was from one of the Basque dialects. He said the melody was an ancient one with no identified origin. As part of the group of people trying to revive use of the Gaelic language in Ireland, which the English had suppressed, he had visited Basque country in France and Spain to learn more about Gaelic. With what little I knew of the Basques, I was stunned. He identified himself as Sean Potts who I now know as one of the Chieftains.

Well, it could.

But, current evidence has the origin of the human species some 200,000 years ago, which , if the 177,000 years ago timeline is correct, would allow 23,000 years for that individual, and maybe his whole tribe, who knows? to find their way into what is today Israel.

Fascinating stuff, the evidence of human beginnings, and we're finding out more and more all the time. Could it be that our species is older than we thought? Could be, maybe.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…