• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Human Composting

would like to become either food for a beautiful tree or be compressed into a gem to be worn on a necklace or a ring.
Go with the tree. The necklace/ring thing is creepy.

Also, might end up being a very depressing situation for someone who might accidentally lose the "gem".

There's also "body farms" where you can donate your body for research, and they'll study how you decompose naturally for forensic data.

It's a personal/family choice.
What ever you choose is fine.

I think a key is to plan before there is a death.

I prefer to have my organs harvested. Barring that, donate my body to a medical school or science. Whatever is left can be found up and put in cams of dog food for all I care. Otherwise, composting is fine.
In NJ your driver's license can say you're an organ donor if you check the box for it on the form you fill out. I've always had an organ donor card though at my age...

In NJ your driver's license can say you're an organ donor if you check the box for it on the form you fill out. I've always had an organ donor card though at my age...
As do I.

It's a personal/family choice.
What ever you choose is fine.

I think a key is to plan before there is a death.
Exactly. But it's also important to make one's wishes known to the family too, lest they go against your wishes.

And no one cares. Not even one iota.

you would be surprised.

back to composting. if the april 8 and beyond predictions pan out, we may resort to composting large numbers of people. the predictions i have seen for 2025 say half our population is

read the deagle report for that.

blessings, april 8 and beyond

you would be surprised.

back to composting. if the april 8 and beyond predictions pan out, we may resort to composting large numbers of people. the predictions i have seen for 2025 say half our population is

read the deagle report for that.

blessings, april 8 and beyond
More delusional nonsense and still no one rational cares.

There is a cemetery near me the does green interments. The body must not be embalmed and is to be in a shroud or simple wooden box. There are no vaults.

A couple that I am friends with recently buried her father. They are of NA descent. They washed his body then buried him on land they own. The grave is unmarked and I don't know if they plan to mark it. They held his services a few months months later.

I am to be cremated and my remains placed into my scuba tank that I have had my dive buddies sign.
The valve will be modified to have a siphon tube that will reach to about an inch from the bottom. The tank will be charged to 3000 psi and a stainless still elbow and pipe nipple that point up about two feet. On top of the SS pipe will be a black iron plug.
After about a century the black iron plug will corrode enough that the 3000 psi gas will escape. My remains will be shot towards the stars with one heck of a loud whistle.

BWAHAHAHAHA!

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...posting-lets-you-replenish-the-earth-after-de

What are your thoughts on this? Especially those of you with very religious ideologies.

I ask because:

Things are changing:

So DP regulars, what ya think here?
Would you want to be composted? Why, or why not?

I'm all for it.
Kinda shocked that it's illegal in vast majority of the USofA, but then again we are rather back-asswards when it comes to common sense stuff.
I've been investigating it. Sounds like a cool idea.
By composting, are you referring to a specific process or the general idea?

By composting, are you referring to a specific process or the general idea?
Not following you here.

All I really know about it is what I read in the article.
So I guess the general idea?

Is that what you're asking?

Not following you here.

All I really know about it is what I read in the article.
So I guess the general idea?

Is that what you're asking?
I didn't read the article, I've been investigating burial with compostable products and this one thing where they bury you in bag of natural solvents that effectively turns you into a liquid. The common theme in my search is the idea of being buried next to a tree in some wilderness area. My research is not deep, I don't feel like I am going anywhere soon and my denial of how things turn out eventually is strong.

I didn't read the article
Give it a skim.

It's a process that allows your body to decompose naturally in a controlled environment.
It's not just planting your dead body in the ground and letting nature take care of things.

Give it a skim.

It's a process that allows your body to decompose naturally in a controlled environment.
It's not just planting your dead body in the ground and letting nature take care of things.
Okay, I added another option to think about. Fairly sure I'll live until it becomes legal in CA.

The free-enterprise system is pretty effective.

Okay, I added another option to think about. Fairly sure I'll live until it becomes legal in CA.

The free-enterprise system is pretty effective.
Would a "Viking Burial At Sea" technically be considered composting?

Probably closer to pollution than composting (too much non-organic matter burned up)?

Not sure if it qualifies as composting. But it sure is more badass.

Back
Top Bottom