• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How will Biden repair US relations with former allies?

Rostocker

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Relations between USA and its former Allies broke down completly under the Trump administration.

France distanced itself from USA, with President Macron taking as much distance to Trump as possible, after his attempt to try build up a functional relation failed.

Even the UK distanced itself from USA, when Trump acted more and more erractic.

The biggest break happened between Germany and USA though. Merkel doesnt even talk with Trump anymore and swinged into a tactic to fundamentally oppose all his international proposals.

In his 4 year presidency Trump did not make a single official state visit to Germany, the 2nd strongest nation in the western block of nations. As revance Merkel said she wont attend his G7 meeting, which forced Trump to
cancel the show completly. This back and forth goes stronger each day but in last weeks Merkel switched to completly ignore him and hope he is gone soon.

Its said that Bidens most pressing work will be to reestablish the relations that Trump broke apart.

Reestablish working communication formats with Germany, France and other european allies. Start a apology tour most likely.

Some damage might be repaired but diplomats say, some is everlasting, because the lack of trust that was created from Trump.

"How will Biden repair US relations with former allies?"

Money.

With Biden, I think things will go pretty smoothly in winning our allies back. In fact, because of Obama's record & Biden's association with that, Biden is the very best guy for the job.

Our allies will have some caution remain, due to the possibiltity of a nationalist resurgence. But I suspect our allies will be willing to accept Trump as a relative anomaly, giving America reasonable chance to re-extablish itself in the world order.

But again, Bide is the absolute perfect choice for this. There's no one better, and it's part of the reason he got my vote.

Relations between USA and its former Allies broke down completly under the Trump administration.

France distanced itself from USA, with President Macron taking as much distance to Trump as possible, after his attempt to try build up a functional relation failed.

The biggest break happened between Germany and USA though. Merkel doesnt even talk with Trump anymore and swinged into a tactic to fundamentally oppose all his international proposals.

In his 4 year presidency Trump did not make a single official state visit to Germany, the 2nd strongest nation in the western block of nations. As revance Merkel said she wont attend his G7 meeting, which forced Trump to
cancel the show completly. This back and forth goes stronger each day but in last weeks Merkel switched to completly ignore him and hope he is gone soon.

Its said that Bidens most pressing work will be to reestablish the relations that Trump broke apart.

Reestablish working communication formats with Germany, France and other european allies. Start a apology tour most likely.

Some damage might be repaired but diplomats say, some is everlasting, because the lack of trust that was created from Trump.

He won't unless they hire Hunter Biden in some no-show job.

With Biden, I think things will go pretty smoothly in winning our allies back. In fact, because of Obama's record & Biden's association with that, Biden is the very best guy for the job.

Our allies will have some caution remain, due to the possibiltity of a nationalist resurgence. But I suspect our allies will be willing to accept Trump as a relative anomaly, giving America reasonable chance to re-extablish itself in the world order.

But again, Bide is the absolute perfect choice for this. There's no one better, and it's part of the reason he got my vote.

I believe the world can be thankful for chancellor Merkel, who did uphold the free world during the Trump era.

She was the one who carried on reason and stability during the dark times.

They say when Obama left office, he called emrkel and said her its up to her now to defend the free world.

Win the election.

I believe the world can be thankful for chancellor Merkel, who did uphold the free world during the Trump era.

She was the one who carried on reason and stability during the dark times.

They say when Obama left office, he called emrkel and said her its up to her now to defend the free world.
Looking back, yeah - you may indeed be right. Great observation. And man, did we come a long way since the fears of German re-unification!

Looking back, yeah - you may indeed be right. Great observation. And man, did we come a long way since the fears of German re-unification!

I dont know man, for us in Germany it appears unreal that some of our allies were against our reunion. It simply had to happen.

I dont know man, for us in Germany it appears unreal that some of our allies were against our reunion. It simply had to happen.
Yeah, it was false fears- no doubt about it!

Fears, and those that stoke them, are amazing potent motivators, as we saw then, and as we currently see in the States.

Honestly who cares what the rest of the world thinks of us. We don't need them. They will in time need us and as always, we will come running to help them.

They will buy our products, they will sell their products in our markets, they will continue to send their students to our universities and some of them will continue to bring their pregnant wives and girlfriends here to deliver simply for US Citizenship, yes I know that is a very small number.

When the pandemic is finally under control, travel will return to normal no matter who the President is.

France will continue to do business with US enemies as will Germany. I don't really think the UK distanced themselves from us as much as they have tried to distance themselves from the EU.

I get it, PotUS is not a nice guy, he doesn't do the socially acceptable thing and he's kinda obnoxious, but he put this country FIRST, something the President is supposed to do. The "Let's apologize for keeping the world safe" tour ended in 2016 and there are many of us who are happy it did and hope like hell it doesn't go on a reunion run.

Honestly who cares what the rest of the world thinks of us. We don't need them. They will in time need us and as always, we will come running to help them.

They will buy our products, they will sell their products in our markets, they will continue to send their students to our universities and some of them will continue to bring their pregnant wives and girlfriends here to deliver simply for US Citizenship, yes I know that is a very small number.

When the pandemic is finally under control, travel will return to normal no matter who the President is.

France will continue to do business with US enemies as will Germany. I don't really think the UK distanced themselves from us as much as they have tried to distance themselves from the EU.

I get it, PotUS is not a nice guy, he doesn't do the socially acceptable thing and he's kinda obnoxious, but he put this country FIRST, something the President is supposed to do. The "Let's apologize for keeping the world safe" tour ended in 2016 and there are many of us who are happy it did and hope like hell it doesn't go on a reunion run.

Trump put your country Last. UsA has lost contracts worth 50 Billion $ alone with Germany, because we dont make contracts with enemies. The world doesnt need you. My school building is older than your country.

It will be hard to rebuild what Trump tore down.

It sucks traveling abroad from America now. You want to lie and say you're from Canada so you don't have to talk about Trump for an hour.

Trump put your country Last. UsA has lost contracts worth 50 Billion $ alone with Germany, because we dont make contracts with enemies. The world doesnt need you. My school building is older than your country.
:ROFLMAO:

You still like pretending Germany matters don't you?

Germany is the "second strongest nation in the western bloc"? Oh please. The British even in their diminished state still have a real navy that Germany doesn't have and deploy more main battle tanks than Germany. Not to mention at least the British have nuclear weapons.

Egypt has arguably a stronger military than Germany.

And who cares about France? They've basically defined their very existence by opposition to the United States. More pretenders.

In whatever manner his handlers tell him.

You still like pretending Germany matters don't you?

Germany is the "second strongest nation in the western bloc"? Oh please. The British even in their diminished state still have a real navy that Germany doesn't have and deploy more main battle tanks than Germany. Not to mention at least the British have nuclear weapons.

Egypt has arguably a stronger military than Germany.

And who cares about France? They've basically defined their very existence by opposition to the United States. More pretenders.

The british are bancrupt and get bullied by Iran. Iran takes their ships, takes their citizens as hostages and they kneel evry time.

Somehow when Germany calls, Tehran follows our demands.

We have money and influence. The UK lacks both.

Biden will do what Obama did. The U.S. will pay the majority of the cost for U.N. and NATO. Will cave on trade agreements with those countries and with the EU. Biden will get his fair share. I got sick of listening to Obama go around the world apologizing for America being Ameirca. We have saved the world twice in wars and bailed out Europe with the Marshall Plan after WWII. But somehow in Obama and the liberals eyes we are the bad guys. Age 44 and with her Husband running for President, Michelle Obama said, "for the first time in my life I'm proud of my country". That's some real BS.

Biden will do what Obama did. The U.S. will pay the majority of the cost for U.N. and NATO. Will cave on trade agreements with those countries and with the EU. Biden will get his fair share. I got sick of listening to Obama go around the world apologizing for America being Ameirca. We have saved the world twice in wars and bailed out Europe with the Marshall Plan after WWII. But somehow in Obama and the liberals eyes we are the bad guys. Age 44 and with her Husband running for President, Michelle Obama said, "for the first time in my life I'm proud of my country". That's some real BS.

Germany pays 2nd highest UNO contribution

Germany is not an ally and never had been.

Germany is not an ally and never had been.

I disagree. Trump has called out allies for not paying their fair share in defense or in trade policies. Funny how the left want people to pay their fair share in taxes and yet they're fine with other countries not being fair with the US. This has caused much friction with other countries but they are still our allies. If they need us we will be there. If we need them we will be there. The situation is much like a family that argues with each other but in the end, they are family and so are our allies.

it will be difficult. the orange fool has demonstrated to the world that the US will renege on treaties, trade arrangements, and pretty much anything else if someone is able to effectively manipulate the electorate. however, other first world nations such as Germany have done much, much worse multiple times in the past and have been welcomed back onto the world stage, so that makes me wonder why the OP even asked the question.

I disagree. Trump has called out allies for not paying their fair share in defense or in trade policies. Funny how the left want people to pay their fair share in taxes and yet they're fine with other countries not being fair with the US. This has caused much friction with other countries but they are still our allies. If they need us we will be there. If we need them we will be there. The situation is much like a family that argues with each other but in the end, they are family and so are our allies.

I dont see it that positive. Its a fact, that the German American relations are on the brink of collapse and would in no way survive another 4 years Trump.

Back
Top Bottom