• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How US Counterterrorism Funds Ended Up in the Orlando Terrorist’s Pocket

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
How US Counterterrorism Funds Ended Up in the Orlando Terrorist’s Pocket

The U.S. spends billions a year on counterterrorism, with generally poor oversight....

defense-large.jpg

The USA needs terrorists or we would not be able to have a War on Terror. It's a wonderful marketing campaign for Military Industrial Corporate Complex products. How does one build markets for weapons, bombs, and various and sundry instruments of death? After all, it is just another business. Marketing is always a keyword activity in building your business.

The U.S. is in the business of creating terrorists because the M.I.C. has turned our military and intelligence gathering communities into nothing more than a glorified slush fund.

The USA needs terrorists or we would not be able to have a War on Terror. It's a wonderful marketing campaign for Military Industrial Corporate Complex products. How does one build markets for weapons, bombs, and various and sundry instruments of death? After all, it is just another business. Marketing is always a keyword activity in building your business.

No the us needs terrorists to fight proxy wars, in which we arm other people to fight our enemies for us. Al nursa and isia were among the moderate rebels we funded to overthrow assad. Funding them and propping them up made the middle east far worse, but even now we still have our main focus on assad.

The us also does not have the muslim brotherhood listed as a terrorist organization, even though most of the world and the even the middle east does. It does not matter how vile they are, as long as they are against the same people we are. The us even practiced it under reagan, when he funded and armed contra rebels, who by definition were terrorists.

Gosh. It's almost as if government were inherently inefficient, unwieldy, and poorly suited to complex problem-solving.

Yes, but it's very good at diverting public funds to secret projects. ;)

Yes, but it's very good at diverting public funds to secret projects. ;)
No more than anything else it does. DOD/IC spending is still run according to government rules and incentives.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

No more than anything else it does. DOD/IC spending is still run according to government rules and incentives.

I think you're practicing wishful thinking. The Pentagon cannot even be audited, and that is public knowledge. The last time Congress tried to audit any part of that group, its auditors were mostly killed and the records were destroyed on 11 September.

I think you're practicing wishful thinking. The Pentagon cannot even be audited, and that is public knowledge. The last time Congress tried to audit any part of that group, its auditors were mostly killed and the records were destroyed on 11 September.
LOL, you assume that a government function that lacks auditing will therefore be efficient? :)

LOL, you assume that a government function that lacks auditing will therefore be efficient? :)

No, I was merely stating that your claim that DoD spending is still run according to rules may be true in a general sense, but it is damn well not the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

The whole truth is that the DoD cannot be audited by Congress, and there are many stories that show that if such spending is still run according to the rules, something is strangely wrong with those rules.

No, I was merely stating that your claim that DoD spending is still run according to rules may be true in a general sense, but it is damn well not the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

The whole truth is that the DoD cannot be audited by Congress, and there are many stories that show that if such spending is still run according to the rules, something is strangely wrong with those rules.
DOD is a huge bureaucracy on top of another layer of bureaucracy. If you think it's efficient, or that they are "good" at appropriating black funds, well, :shrug: It's nice you think so highly of us, but it's not a rosy picture I share.

DOD is a huge bureaucracy on top of another layer of bureaucracy. If you think it's efficient, or that they are "good" at appropriating black funds, well, :shrug: It's nice you think so highly of us, but it's not a rosy picture I share.

It is efficient ONLY at wasting tax payer dollars. Sorry, I wasn't clear enough.

And it is also quite skilled at spending those tax payer dollars in relative secrecy, compared to other federal departments.

It is efficient ONLY at wasting tax payer dollars. Sorry, I wasn't clear enough.

[emoji38] not even realiably that, bro :lamo

Really. It's government :) nothing is efficient.

Back
Top Bottom