• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How to properly vote in US elections

solletica

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
A lot of Americans keep forgetting a simple fact about the USA--it's a plutocracy. The individuals elected have no power by themselves, but are required to follow the direction assigned by their sponsors, in much the same way as the Iranian President is required to follow the direction assigned by the Ayatollah (theocracy).

So when voting for candidates, one must be aware that one is actually voting for that candidate's sponsors. In other words, the candidate's words, speeches, background, party affiliation, website info, stated plans, etc. have no relevance at all. The only relevant issue is the financial interests of the candidate's sponsors. Everything else should be ignored.

Hence, the proper way to vote is to research, as much as possible (including using illicit sources on the dark net), a candidate's sponsors. And then assess those sponsors' financial interests. Those financial interests and only those interests will determine that candidate's actions in office should he/she win.

A lot of Americans keep forgetting a simple fact about the USA--it's a plutocracy. The individuals elected have no power by themselves, but are required to follow the direction assigned by their sponsors, in much the same way as the Iranian President is required to follow the direction assigned by the Ayatollah (theocracy).

So when voting for candidates, one must be aware that one is actually voting for that candidate's sponsors. In other words, the candidate's words, speeches, background, party affiliation, website info, stated plans, etc. have no relevance at all. The only relevant issue is the financial interests of the candidate's sponsors. Everything else should be ignored.

Hence, the proper way to vote is to research, as much as possible (including using illicit sources on the dark net), a candidate's sponsors. And then assess those sponsors' financial interests. Those financial interests and only those interests will determine that candidate's actions in office should he/she win.

Aargh. I certainly agree that voting for someone because of what he or she says is pointless, just as pointless as choosing by how they look. But the correct way to vote in an election is to vote against incumbents every time. It doesn't matter who is in power. What matters is that whoever is in power be as free of corruption as possible. Incumbency and reelection is, in my view at least, the biggest contributor to political corruption. We need to kill it. Politicians won't kill it so we need to do it. All I do at election time is make a list of incumbents and vote against every single one. I don't even have to think about it.

Well if they are being sponsored by anyone, then obviously their speeches do matter and are relevant to what policies they support.

I've been elected to a very local position before. As a write-in candidate. A Republican County Committee seat, representing my voter district in my town. I wasn't owned by any special interest groups.

Nonetheless, what you are saying is very much worth looking in to, for higher up elected officials.

Aargh. I certainly agree that voting for someone because of what he or she says is pointless, just as pointless as choosing by how they look. But the correct way to vote in an election is to vote against incumbents every time. It doesn't matter who is in power. What matters is that whoever is in power be as free of corruption as possible. Incumbency and reelection is, in my view at least, the biggest contributor to political corruption. We need to kill it. Politicians won't kill it so we need to do it. All I do at election time is make a list of incumbents and vote against every single one. I don't even have to think about it.

In my position I held, that was one of the reasons I avoided seeking re-election in 2010, nor 2012. My position has been vacant since 2010, and the Republican Municipal Chairman even offered me my old seat. But since I decided no in 2012, I decided I had to stick by my decision and not back out halfway through. I could consider it for 2014.

Back
Top Bottom