• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Much more Damage can this president do in 5 days?

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This MANIAC is less than a week away from being out of office but how much damage can he and his deranged supporters do in this country?

The end is near.

His business? In shambles

His business partners? Gone

His Loans? Due

His legal protection he received as president? Almost expired.

A desperate president can go in for one last BANG. Everyone stay safe and hopefully no one else dies because of our mad man president.

This MANIAC is less than a week away from being out of office but how much damage can he and his deranged supporters do in this country?

The end is near.

His Loans? Due

A desperate president can go in for one last BANG. Everyone stay safe and hopefully no one else dies because of our mad man president.
I'm hoping he's finished with his temper tantrums.
Hopefully, he's focusing on his post-presidency plans......Trump TV, The Trump Network etc.
If we're all lucky, he'll just focus on playing golf for the next few days.

The joint chiefs have indicated that they won't play ball, as far as I can tell. I suppose that we can get some rest tonight.

I am not worried. Donald Trump has made it clear that his only motivators are adoration and wealth. Provoking further chaos will not lead to either, and despite a concern about his growing dementia, I believe he retains enough of his faculties to realize this. I expect his actions going forward will be to (a) ensure he retains a grasp on enough supplicants to soothe his ego and (b) drum up financial backing for some business venture e.g. entertainment TV to steer him clear of financial ruin.

I certainly would not put it past his ability to succeed in these two goals. But, that also leads me to believe we'll be OK.

(Counterpoint to my argument: if litigation over his financial decisions e.g. NY cases drive him over the edge.)

3 things he could do

1. declassify embarassing documents about the deep state that is be hidden behind classifications

2. Pardon the deep states enemies

3. Sign a few EOs

Trump could still...

pardon his family

release highly classified information and/or give it our adversaries

sign EOs

call Martial Law (?)

erase emails and destroy documents

incite more violence

shoot someone on Fifth Avenue

Trump could still...

pardon his family

release highly classified information and/or give it our adversaries

sign EOs

call Martial Law (?)

erase emails and destroy documents

incite more violence

shoot someone on Fifth Avenue

Fair, but how many of those give him a path out of his financial woes. The Trump Brand and its earnings potential is all that matters to him. None of the things you listed contribute to protecting that brand. The only thing he can do is duck the media spotlight, avoid attention and pop up a month from now with a TV network or something similar. Defecting to adversaries or inciting more violence won't contribute to the prospects for his post-Presidency business venture.

Fair, but how many of those give him a path out of his financial woes. The Trump Brand and its earnings potential is all that matters to him. None of the things you listed contribute to protecting that brand. The only thing he can do is duck the media spotlight, avoid attention and pop up a month from now with a TV network or something similar. Defecting to adversaries or inciting more violence won't contribute to the prospects for his post-Presidency business venture.
I think the question was how much more damage could he do in his last five days of office.

But you asked a good question, too. Trump still owns a lot of properties that he could sell....and he still has his base which I suspect he'll still try to exploit. He could still hold speech rallies, do interviews, write another book, perhaps a memoir...make deals....threaten people with lawsuits....

I am not worried. Donald Trump has made it clear that his only motivators are adoration and wealth. Provoking further chaos will not lead to either, and despite a concern about his growing dementia, I believe he retains enough of his faculties to realize this. I expect his actions going forward will be to (a) ensure he retains a grasp on enough supplicants to soothe his ego and (b) drum up financial backing for some business venture e.g. entertainment TV to steer him clear of financial ruin.

I certainly would not put it past his ability to succeed in these two goals. But, that also leads me to believe we'll be OK.

(Counterpoint to my argument: if litigation over his financial decisions e.g. NY cases drive him over the edge.)
Why are you assuming that trump is rational? The man just tried to take over our government by force, there really cannot be a rational thought in his head if he actually thought that, that was a good idea.

I think the question was how much more damage could he do in his last five days of office.

But you asked a good question, too. Trump still owns a lot of properties that he could sell....and he still has his base which I suspect he'll still try to exploit. He could still hold speech rallies, do interviews, write another book, perhaps a memoir...make deals....threaten people with lawsuits....

This all is true. I suppose there is a risk that he might stoke more discord through rallies, interviews, etc.. But when it comes to revenue and his supporters... his supporters are not the sort with the deep pockets to fill Trump hotels and pay Trump golf course memberships. I believe he is in a place where a book deal isn't going to bring in the revenue he's used to. He needs properties occupied by wealthy people (folks his followers would call "the swamp") who want to avoid controversy. So I will wager he'll try to batten down the hatches when it comes to controversy.

I could be wrong.

Why are you assuming that trump is rational? The man just tried to take over our government by force, there was nothing about that and there really cannot be a rational thought in his head if he actually thought that, that was a good idea.

It's a gamble. I could be wrong. I'm betting that at the end of the day, USD overrides all other considerations for the guy. If I'm wrong... well... here's hoping our unpublished nuclear safeguards are effective.

I would not really be surprised if Trump barricaded himself in the white house and declared martial law.

This all is true. I suppose there is a risk that he might stoke more discord through rallies, interviews, etc.. But when it comes to revenue and his supporters... his supporters are not the sort with the deep pockets to fill Trump hotels and pay Trump golf course memberships. I believe he is in a place where a book deal isn't going to bring in the revenue he's used to. He needs properties occupied by wealthy people (folks his followers would call "the swamp") who want to avoid controversy. So I will wager he'll try to batten down the hatches when it comes to controversy.

I could be wrong.
His supporters have deep enough pockets to spend a lot of money on Trump merchandise and travel across country to his rallies. And they donated millions to his 'stop the steal' campaign...which he pocketed.

I think you're wrong about the book deal....Newsmax would eagerly buy his books in bulk which would put him on the NYT best seller list.

He's been known to fill his properties with Russians, Arabs and other assorted criminals both foreign and domestic. It's suspected that he runs a money laundering operation with his condo properties. He also gets money just for having his brand/name put on top of tall buildings and hotels. But because his brand has become tarnished a lot buildings are taking his name down.

But as long as Trump has name recognition he can still make a lot of money.

The end is near.

His Loans? Due

I think Trump has accepted the inevitable but I wouldn't completely discount the risk that his remaining closest advisors might put crazy ideas into his head. The fact that mypillowguy can get anywhere near the Oval Office is a concern.

I hope Trump can expose as many dirty democratic criminals he can before he leaves office.After he leaves office continue seeing that they get convicted.Then write a best seller book and make millions.

I hope Trump can expose as many dirty democratic criminals he can before he leaves office.After he leaves office continue seeing that they get convicted.Then write a best seller book and make millions.
Yeah he’s not going to do any of that. He’ll run off to hide in Florida and hope the cops don’t come knocking in his door. The bestselling books will be written by White House staff who saw the cluster**** up close.

3 things he could do

1. declassify embarassing documents about the deep state that is be hidden behind classifications

2. Pardon the deep states enemies

3. Sign a few EOs
Lol the deep state. What sort of “embarrassing” details do you imagine are in these classified documents?

I don't think he will do much of anything radical...it would give some fence-sitting Republicans reasons to vote for his impeachment conviction.

There is probably nothing spectacular that President of the United States of America Donald Trump can do in his remaining few days.

Meanwhile, focus can shift to the Senate of the United States of America. The second impeachment will result in a Senate trial and, most importantly, a vote. The Republican legislators, during the past four years, have resembled children being careful of what they do to avoid Papa [President Donald Trump] spanking them. The goings-on in the house, with many Republicans still doing his bidding in the House of Representatives even after the Capital riot on the 6th of January indicates that they have not yet been ready to see themselves as adults. Perhaps, just perhaps, those in the Senate have had time to reflect and realize that it's well past time for them to grow up and walk away from the fear of a spanking by President Trump. His power over them is no more than what they permit him to have.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the prophylactic Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Reminder. I try to respond to all who quote my posts. If you do not get a response from me, it may be that you've made it onto my 'Ignore' list.

Back
Top Bottom