• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How modern liberals think...

VoodooChild

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Video: YouTube - HERITAGE FOUNDATION: "How Modern Liberals Think"

A fella by the name of Evan Sayet discussing his personal conclusions on why and how liberals today think...

I thought it was a pretty cool video. He defiantly makes some good points. Some things he gets a little carried away with, but overall it’s a pretty interesting perspective. Some here will love it some will hate it. If you do start watching it, please watch until he gets done and starts taking questions. I must warn you it’s a pretty long one. Maybe even a coke and a bag of popcorn long. But I figured if you are on this forum you will probably enjoy it.

I'm not sure that I would accept what a video sponsored by the Heritage Foundation, stating what liberals think, any more than a conservative would accept a video sponsored by the Huffington Post, stating what conservatives think.

Well, all I can say is that I am a liberal and not only am I not sure what utopia would look like but I have no desire to tear down civilization. So his comments don't apply to me at least. :shrug:

Well, all I can say is that I am a liberal and not only am I not sure what utopia would look like but I have no desire to tear down civilization. So his comments don't apply to me at least. :shrug:

Oh... it's one of THOSE... just as I thought. Glad I didn't waste my time.

The jokes were pretty funny at the start but so far I think its the other side of the same coin he's complaining about. I think its just as ignorant to say America is the least free, most imperial, most divided, etc as it is to say we are the most free, least imperial, least divided. Besides the fact that "imperial" is hardly a measurement we all agree on, what one person may call imperial another may not for example, its not a unified standard. So in other words, its just as silly to say America is the worst at everything as it is to say its the best at everything.

The jokes were pretty funny at the start but so far I think its the other side of the same coin he's complaining about. I think its just as ignorant to say America is the least free, most imperial, most divided, etc as it is to say we are the most free, least imperial, least divided. Besides the fact that "imperial" is hardly a measurement we all agree on, what one person may call imperial another may not for example, its not a unified standard. So in other words, its just as silly to say America is the worst at everything as it is to say its the best at everything.

I didn't watch the whole thing since a series of blatently untrue statements tends to annoy me, but I did see a number of false assumptions. I think the main one was an implied assumptions that liberals think conservative assumptions about right and wrong, good and evil, successful and unsuccessful activity, etc are true. If liberals thought those things were true, they would be conservatives.

It never ceases to amaze me when people assume that their morality is obvious to anyone and if another disagrees than they are being dishonest rather than simply having different ideas. I guess that mistake comes from thinking that morality is not subjective.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom