• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many of you call yourselves a PROUD AMERICAN?

[W:225]How many of you are proud Americans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robertinfremont

Photo of me taken in the Army 1963
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
just take the poll or chat us up.

Today we want to find out how many posters call themselves a proud American right now.

Frankly I am very proud.

I am proud of Trump. I am proud of Trump due to his leadership. About the claims he lies. I recall when everybody in the public calls all politicians liars.

They call Congress liars. They will even call the Pope a liar. They call past presidents liars. Bill Clinton was a notorious liar. Hillary a terrible liar.

So that is not the true way to see presidents.

The true way is leadership followed by skills, followed by goals, followed by accomplishments followed by kept promises and more.

So do not call Trump a liar until you name at least 10 lies. And explain why you feel upset enough to be angry.

This too shall pass........

Frankly I am very proud.

I am proud of Trump. I am proud of Trump due to his leadership. About the claims he lies. I recall when everybody in the public calls all politicians liars.

They call Congress liars. They will even call the Pope a liar. They call past presidents liars. Bill Clinton was a notorious liar. Hillary a terrible liar.

So that is not the true way to see presidents.

The true way is leadership followed by skills, followed by goals, followed by accomplishments followed by kept promises and more.

So do not call Trump a liar until you name at least 10 lies. And explain why you feel upset enough to be angry.
:ROFLMAO:

Today we want to find out how many posters call themselves a proud American right now.
I'm not proud of what we've become, and I'm ashamed of many things we've done in the past.

It isn't all bad, but unless you accept that we did wrong as well as right we won't avoid the same mistakes in the future.

I suppose you could say I'm hopeful we can become something I'll be proud of, and I want to do things that further that goal.

Not proud of what this country has become. When the Stock Market is more important than human lives, it's hard to be proud of the system that enabled a person such as Donald J Trump to become America's leader. Actually, I don't blame the citizens nearly as much as I do people and organisations like Fox News and Rush Limbaugh.

I am a proud American.

What has Trump been able to do?

All Trump has done is give tax cuts for rich people. And he was only able to do that because the republican congress wanted it.

The system works. We can have a turd of a president and the system still trudges along.

Generally I am a proud American. However, I do suffer from contemporary embarrassment based upon who my countrymen let become President in 2016. I certainly am looking forward to Americans doing us all proud by correcting that mistake in a couple of weeks (many are already ---- I enjoyed making my vote this afternoon).

Not proud of what this country has become. When the Stock Market is more important than human lives, it's hard to be proud of the system that enabled a person such as Donald J Trump to become America's leader. Actually, I don't blame the citizens nearly as much as I do people and organisations like Fox News and Rush Limbaugh.

Agreed. American values are also becoming quite questionable. We are not the country we once were.

Who really thinks that Trump has "Made America Great Again?"

Regardless of politics and the petty back and forth, the misgivings by those who don't know how blessed we are, I thank my God to be a citizen of this country.
Don't like it, save the bandwidth, because I don't care.

I have dual citizenship, proud of both countries.

Am proud of the great contributions the US has made to human freedom, embarrassed a bit at our sometimes ignorance about foreign affairs, and ashamed at parts of our history, e.g., Vietnam and in parts of Latin America.

America is my home, I like the 4th and still get chills everytime I hear the Star Spangled Banner start up.I'm chock full of genes from ancestors who were here from the first--1620's, 30's; they shed their blood to keep and win this soil, and no I'm not ashamed of it. We were nobodies, but this was the place a nobody could dig in and make their lives a little better. I still believe in that, and although I'm 100% English with a trace of Scottish, I respect and admire our diversity and it's very cool that we still open our doors to those in need, who have a dream.

You can't get more "American" than me. Democracy and the 1st Amendment and the Declaration of Independence mean everything to me. But are we perfect ? Nope. If we have to go out in the streets and make our voices heard, that's okay, too.

After the next 4 years, Trump will fade as did Obama.
Actually, Obama was campaigning for Biden today in PA. He's still deeply loved by Democrats and the Independents who voted for him twice. He's going to boost Biden's numbers.

Actually, Obama was campaigning for Biden today in PA. He's still deeply loved by Democrats and the Independents who voted for him twice. He's going to boost Biden's numbers.

Just what Biden needs. A fast fix.

Back
Top Bottom