• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many Electoral Votes will Trump get in 2020?

• Easily enough to win

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Barely enough to win

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Barely short of what he needs to win

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Nowhere near enough to win

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

DA60

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Yeah...I know lots of things can happen...just have fun with it.

If he doesn't run for re-election, he gets zero electoral votes.

Given our penchant for putting people back in office, he'll take a second term unless he screws up completely in his first.

All of them

It is a rigged system as he :2razz:says

The EC will jump on the band wagon and he will get more than he needs to get elected for real this time.

Well the same professor that has never been wrong about who would win elections, also predicted Trump will get impeached in his first term.

Professor predicted Donald Trump win, says he will be impeached - CNNPolitics.com

Pence seems to have been a pragmatic choice for this very reason (well that and so he can run the nation for Trump) but it depends on how the Democrats go. I feel that the democrats are indeed playing catch-up but are working very swiftly so that by early next year they have a very progressive pro blue collar agenda. The party leaders as far as I am concerned now are Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Keith Ellison, and Tim Ryan. So we will just see what the future holds.

Entirely depends on the Democrats nominee. Trump should be easily beatable, but as 2016 has shown us...you never know.

Entirely depends on the Democrats nominee. Trump should be easily beatable, but as 2016 has shown us...you never know.

Agreed. Right now the Dems only have aging warriors who are only getting older in the persons of Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren. Beyond that it is strictly a B team situation with a very thin bench.

Kaine showed me nothing during the campaign so he is out also. Clinton is done and over with despite winning the popular vote by a sizable sum.

This must be a top priority for the Democratic party along with stopping Trumps agenda.

Agreed. Right now the Dems only have aging warriors who are only getting older in the persons of Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren. Beyond that it is strictly a B team situation with a very thin bench.

Kaine showed me nothing during the campaign so he is out also. Clinton is done and over with despite winning the popular vote by a sizable sum.

This must be a top priority for the Democratic party along with stopping Trumps agenda.

You never know though...look at Obama in 2008 or Trump in 2016...sometimes someone unexpected emerges.

Corey Booker?

You never know though...look at Obama in 2008 or Trump in 2016...sometimes someone unexpected emerges.

Corey Booker?

Booker is also strictly B team material. Maybe a VP .... at best. If Warren were only five years younger - she would be a solid choice. But if its Trump - she would still be younger than him so it might be possible.

Booker is also strictly B team material. Maybe a VP .... at best. If Warren were only five years younger - she would be a solid choice. But if its Trump - she would still be younger than him so it might be possible.

Whoever the nominee ends up being...they have to do better at energizing the Democrat base than Clinton did. That's why she lost, because Democrats didn't vote for her like Obama.

Whoever the nominee ends up being...they have to do better at energizing the Democrat base than Clinton did. That's why she lost, because Democrats didn't vote for her like Obama.

Agreed - hindsight is always 20/20. Now we can see that it was incredibly stupid and an incredible arrogant act of hubris to delude themselves into thinking that places like Georgia and Texas were in play. They should have been looking more at Michigan and Wisconsin. But she had to do something to do just what you stated - energizing her own base. In the end the final numbers will show a lot less Dems voting for her than both of the Obama elections.

I suspect the number of actual Obama to Trump defections was rather small - but the real problem is Obama voters who simply stayed at home disgusted with Clinton - maybe because of the legal Comey actions..... among other things

Agreed - hindsight is always 20/20. Now we can see that it was incredibly stupid and an incredible arrogant act of hubris to delude themselves into thinking that places like Georgia and Texas were in play. They should have been looking more at Michigan and Wisconsin. But she had to do something to do just what you stated - energizing her own base. In the end the final numbers will show a lot less Dems voting for her than both of the Obama elections.

I suspect the number of actual Obama to Trump defections was rather small - but the real problem is Obama voters who simply stayed at home disgusted with Clinton - maybe because of the legal Comey actions..... among other things

Oh yeah, I doubt many Obama and disgruntled Sanders supporters voted Trump. Sure, maybe a few did, but I believe most either stood home or voted third party.

We're not even sure if Trump will be the nominee in 2020. It wouldn't totally surprise me, even if things are going very well, if Trump decided not to run again. If Melania doesn't move to Washington then there are going to be a lot of lonely nights. I'm not so sure Trump really appreciated the gravity of having to live in the White House instead of Trump tower.

I very much doubt Trump will run in 2020. If they are not successful, this isnt a gig he will want to repeat, especially with all the restrictions it puts on him. If they are successful, he will likely turn it over to Pence and accept the accolades.

If the Democrats are smart in their rebuild and pick a half-decent candidate, probably just short of what he needs to win. If the Democrats are dumb, which is probably more likely as all our political parties here seem to be ran by idiots (of varying levels), he'll probably win but by a small margin then he did this year.

If we are talking about possible candidates, wouldn't mind seeing Van Hollen give it a shot. Remember seeing a few speeches he made on the floor of the house and the guy could do a good job igniting a base (imo).

Last edited:
If the Democrats are smart in their rebuild and pick a half-decent candidate, probably just short of what he needs to win. If the Democrats are dumb, which is probably more likely as all our political parties here seem to be ran by idiots (of varying levels), he'll probably win but by a small margin then he did this year.

If we are talking about possible candidates, wouldn't mind seeing Van Hollen give it a shot. Remember seeing a few speeches he made on the floor of the house and the guy could do a good job igniting a base (imo).

Personally, I think Warren will take the reins.

Let's wait and see what party Kanye West chooses to launch his campaign from!

Kidding aside, I don't expect Trump to finish his first term, much less run a second time.

way too early to make a prediction.

The 2016 election is really like the 200 election. I think Trump will win a second term by at least a bush vs kerry margin.

Back
Top Bottom