• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How libertarianism started, a look back in its history

I'm not a libertarian, but I was under the impression that it was a political philosophy. What does it have to with economics?

POlitics is the one science that is heavily influenced by politics. Unfortunately ideologues let ideology determine their facts and evidence, and they don't allow facts and evidence to determine their ideology, especially in Econ.

Most people don't vote, or they just vote AGAINST someone, there are only 2 choices and given the reality its actually pretty rational.

There is always more then 2 choices. Americans fell for the 2 party system.

And when the King and Queen is 100% ceremonial, the republic and constitutional monarchy basically run the same way.

They are not the same or they'd because Constitutional Republics and not Constitutional Monarchies. ;)

Depends on the industry, but selling to people is not the only dynamic you have to take into account, a poor person buying food because he's hungry is in a much weaker position and much easier to be exploited than a rich person buying a delicacy, its not just 2 dimentional here. Also the company doesn't need to sell to everybody, or most everybody that requires the product, only to those whose selling to will turn a profit.

It's actually that simple when it comes to food. Selling a delicacy is a niche market. Selling bread, cheese, milk, meat, and eggs are not. You rarely see exploitation in those basic foods. And you nailed it on the head but I don't you realize it. In Capitalism, turning a profit is the primary goal. If you don't turn profits you don't succeed and most likely fail. So you need to sell to everybody or most everybody. It's why some Luxury producers actually create different item affordable to many classes. Mercedes produce a $32,000 car and one as high as $497,000. Spirit producers do the same thing.. different types of Whiskeys (scotch, bourbon and such) and costs. I drink 10 year old single malt scotch.. mainly Laphroaig or Glenmorangie. There is no way in hell I am gonna pay another $50 a bottle for 18 y/o scotch. Others like paying for it. But to these companies what I paid for a 10y/o and what someone paid for an 18 y/o still is the same profit margin for them. So dollar for dollar there is no difference between me and the other person.

But in the end if you look at the basic structure of Capitalism, it's plutocracy, the more money you have, the more control you have, the more power you have and so on.

Basic structure of Capitalism is not that. The accuming of wealth is the manner of the consumers liking your product or not. For example.. everybody hates the robber barons ( J.D Rockefeller and such). Many forget it was because of J.D. Rockefeller that Kerosene prices dropped making it affordable for the masses. Prior to him there was supply shortages which kept the price of Kerosene above $.50 price level. It was his competitors that had a problem with him, not the consumers as $.07 for a gallon of Kerosene made it affordable for everybody.

Then change jobs ... that's always the solution Capitalists give to workers that are not happy with conditions.

Oh so now you take the Capitalist position but when the Union is fighting for the worker it's screw the Capitalist?

Unions are not levying a tax, any more than companies are by taking ALL the production that the workers make.

Companies are paying the employee for their labor. Thus the worker still owns his labor. But apparently Unions are levying "fees" against that worker for them to use their own labor is better?

And yeah it was hard in the 19th and 20th century, and it took decades of struggle.

Well the longer they ***** foot around in unionized countries the longer it will take them in non-unionized countries. :lol:

POlitics is the one science that is heavily influenced by politics. Unfortunately ideologues let ideology determine their facts and evidence, and they don't allow facts and evidence to determine their ideology, especially in Econ.
I meant to say economics, not politics with my first word.

Back
Top Bottom