• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How is abortion not murder?

hipster_19 said:
Huh....ok.
Killing people is wrong....what don't you get?

Felicity said:
Killing people is wrong....what don't you get?

Um, I don't think anywhere in there I stated that I didn't get it. Thanks for the rudeness though.

hipster_19 said:
Um, I don't think anywhere in there I stated that I didn't get it. Thanks for the rudeness though.
Here's a sweeping generalization for y'all--Dang!--you pro-choicers have egos of glass!:shock:

BTW: the expression "Huh" usually indicates confusion. Granted, it is also usually followed by question mark(s), but nontheless h-u-h is commonly understood a certain way so you can see my mistake was not unreasonable. I guess you were just making a noise? like I punched you in the gut or something? but then--you'd probably have an exclamation point after it to indicate the rapid exhale of air....hmmmmm....maybe it was just a verbal shrug? But then you've got "Eh..." you could have used more appropriately....It must be that it was a completely worthless answer (sort of like this ramble)....Huh....ok.

;)

Here's a sweeping generalization for y'all--Dang!--you pro-choicers have egos of glass!:shock:
First of all, I just came on here to ask a question, not to be called names! Maybe you pro-lifers should get your heads out of your *** and listen to someone instead of parading around your ideas!

BTW: the expression "Huh" usually indicates confusion. Granted, it is also usually followed by question mark(s), but nontheless h-u-h is commonly understood a certain way so you can see my mistake was not unreasonable. I guess you were just making a noise? like I punched you in the gut or something? but then--you'd probably have an exclamation point after it to indicate the rapid exhale of air....hmmmmm....maybe it was just a verbal shrug? But then you've got "Eh..." you could have used more appropriately....It must be that it was a completely worthless answer (sort of like this ramble)....Huh....ok.

I said huh because I am still confused. All you stated to me was that people that blow up abortion clinics were evil. Um, ok. Where do I go from there? I understand that not all 'pro-lifers' are radical freaks that would bomb abortion clinics, but there has to be some justification for why they would do such a thing. Like killing a bunch of people is teaching anyone about saving lives! You've seriously never said 'huh' in any other context other than asking a question? Am I seriously going to get a grammatics lesson here? I use huh all the time....sorry I didn't inform you of that ahead of time!

hipster_19 said:
First of all, I just came on here to ask a question, not to be called names! Maybe you pro-lifers should get your heads out of your *** and listen to someone instead of parading around your ideas!
Thank you for proving my point. Please tell me what "name" I called you.:confused:

I said huh because I am still confused.
So I did read it right the first time and asking what it was you don't get--WAS an appropriate response. Make up your mind!

All you stated to me was that people that blow up abortion clinics were evil. Um, ok. Where do I go from there? I understand that not all 'pro-lifers' are radical freaks that would bomb abortion clinics, but there has to be some justification for why they would do such a thing.
No there isn't a "justification" for such a thing. It is evil. It is indefensable. It is wrong and horrible and horrendous. Like I said --evil.

Like killing a bunch of people is teaching anyone about saving lives!
exactly--you understand what evil is--it is contradictory, confusing, pointless, and indefensible harm. See--you did understand before I ever stated the obvious. I think abortion is evil, too.

You've seriously never said 'huh' in any other context other than asking a question? Am I seriously going to get a grammatics lesson here? I use huh all the time....sorry I didn't inform you of that ahead of time!
I was messin' with you--that's the "ego of glass" I was referring too.

Thank you for proving my point. Please tell me what "name" I called you.:confused:
You said that 'pro-choicers' have egos of glass! I'm not sure why my 'huh' was so concerning to you! I was confused, but not. I was confused by the fact that your calling them 'evil' was supposed to answer all of my questions. I wasn't confused about you calling them 'evil', just not sure it was as constructive as you thought it would be. Like that answered all of my questions.

hipster_19 said:
I was confused, but not..
oh...that makes sense....

Sounds like a presidential candidate hopeful....:cool:

Felicity said:
oh...that makes sense....

Sounds like a presidential candidate hopeful....:cool:

I was not confused by your answer, just at the fact that you thought you saying its 'evil' was supposed to be a solution to my question.

And, thank you, I think I would be a wonderful candidate for president! If Bush can do it, anyone can!

ngdawg said:
You just took a very Pro-choice stance. Thanks. Indeed, it IS about her. No one else.

Thank GOD America isn't filled with people like YOU - selfish, a product of the 'Its-all-about-me-except-when-something-bad-happens-then-it-is-not-MY-fault' generation..and may he help any children you have or plan to have in the future.

FutureIncoming said:
To hipster_19: The Constitution requires the President to be at least 35 years of age, and a native-born citizen of the USA. I see you haven't posted any data indicating your qualifications in these areas.

Well, since I'm only 19, I would have to wait to run until 2024. I am a native-born citizen, born and raised in Ohio! So, hipster_19 in 2024!!!! That'll probably be the first year we'll actually elect a woman president!

Red-Phase said:
really why?
That's an easy one, red.
A fetus does not have the legal standing of "person", thus the Constitution does not apply to a fetus because the Constitution only applies to "people", and only "people" can be Murdered.

If you are looking for the Grand Universal Answer to what ultimately constitutes a person, beyond any existing law or religion or whatever....stop looking. This world is not a place where any such consensus can be made nor answer found.

steen said:
Of course.

That is sweet! My major is political science, so it could happen! I can speak for the people....well, at least SOME people!

Back
Top Bottom