• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How does foot taste Rove bashers?

Stinger

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
No indictment. No crime concerning Plame. 3 years of baseless assertions and wishing an innocent man would go to jail by many on this board (do I need to list the names or will they admit it?).

The Dems invested everything in this. Chris Matthews on MSNBC, as I have noted over and over, invested day after day after day to his baseless assertion that Rove was guilty. Will he devote at least on show chewing on his foot offering his appology? Will anyone here admit they were wrong and withdraw their assertions?

Don't count on it.

The Dems, the media and many here bear a big black eye over this one.

And Jefferson still sits on his committee, Republican culture of curruption my eye.

Stinger said:
No indictment. No crime concerning Plame. 3 years of baseless assertions and wishing an innocent man would go to jail by many on this board (do I need to list the names or will they admit it?).

The Dems invested everything in this. Chris Matthews on MSNBC, as I have noted over and over, invested day after day after day to his baseless assertion that Rove was guilty. Will he devote at least on show chewing on his foot offering his appology? Will anyone here admit they were wrong and withdraw their assertions?

Don't count on it.

And Jefferson still sits on his committee, Republican culture of curruption my eye.

I dont buy the "Republican culture of corruption" either. Politicians all go corrupt if you give them enough chance, cant we just call it the "Political culture of corruption"? But I guess thats not divisive enough for some...

But about Rove, I wanted to see him indicted because he openly stands for everything I know to be evil, and is the "Architect" of all that I feel has weakened America and the constitution.

I dont however want any innocent men going to jail, nor do I think he would have if indicted, nor do I think even an indictment would have done anything to slow down his cause.

Many Americans have a reason to hate that man, but I want to know what your reasons for defending him are?

Lachean said:
But about Rove, I wanted to see him indicted because he openly stands for everything I know to be evil, and is the "Architect" of all that I feel has weakened America and the constitution.

So let's find ways the throw politicans in jail if we can't defeat them at the ballot box.

I dont however want any innocent men going to jail, nor do I think he would have if indicted, nor do I think even an indictment would have done anything to slow down his cause.

You just said above you wanted him to go to jail, when there was never any evidence he had committed a crime.

Many Americans have a reason to hate that man,

They don't have a reason, they just can't defeat him at the ballot box so they hate him.

but I want to know what your reasons for defending him are?

Ahhhh, because he was innocent and there was no evidence otherwise.

Stinger said:
So let's find ways the throw politicans in jail if we can't defeat them at the ballot box.

I see, so you've already put me in the "sore loser" group long before understanding my political leanings. Again let me restate that I am opposed to sending anyone to jail for political gain.

I know many felt like the Democrats stood to gain from an indictment, but the truth is such a political "gain" would have come at the cost of the American people. No matter what side you're on, scandal in the White House is bad for America. The question is, if it were true would you hold the person accountable or not.

Stinger said:
They don't have a reason, they just can't defeat him at the ballot box so they hate him.

Who are you to tell someone what they should be upset about. Many American's are opposed to his "ends justify the means" politics, many are opposed to the PNAC agenda, and many are opposed to pre-emptive foreign policy.

You would be a fool to assume that these positions people stand for have only been taken due to sour grapes.

Stinger said:
Ahhhh, because he was innocent and there was no evidence otherwise.

No evidence? Listen, no charges doesnt mean innocent. Pat Fitz knows that in this game its not what you know, its what you can prove. He already got criminal charges against Scooter. Do you really believe that Rove was uninvolved?

Oh and I never said I wanted him to go to jail, I said indicted.

Stinger said:
What office did Karl Rove run for?

You just said above you wanted him to go to jail, when there was never any evidence he had committed a crime.
That's what investigations are for.

Ahhhh, because he was innocent and there was no evidence otherwise
That's what investigations are for.

God, you are so easy to respond to it's silly.

::Major_Baker:: said:
God, you are so easy to respond to it's silly.

Hey back off, he's mine!

Besides, Rove didnt have to run, he pointed his finger at the man he wanted to be president and his will be done.

wow, he got off on all charges :roll: big suprise.
I guess the big shocker would have been if he really would have went to jail.

Stinger said:

Don't count on it.

My gosh, you're worse than I ever thought possible. I will now be putting you on ignore. What a gloater you are. I would be ashamed to do that. Seriously.

SixStringHero said:
Ignore is for sissies. :2razz:

Yeah yeah, whatever. I need to do this when I am in "disgusted" mode. I honestly believe that people's true characters come out when they win something, so not only am I disgusted with Stinger, but disappointed as well. I wonder if he would behave like this in front of his child, and what his child would think if he witnessed his father's behavior. I know, for me, I would lose a little bit of respect for my father; however, my father is above this kind of behavior. Thank goodness.

My brother loves George Bush, and when Bush won in 2004, he said nothing to me about it. That is called class--something that Stinger and the other gloaters know nothing about. They probably think it's something they took in high school.

aps said:
Yeah yeah, whatever. I need to do this when I am in "disgusted" mode. I honestly believe that people's true characters come out when they win something, so not only am I disgusted with Stinger, but disappointed as well. I wonder if he would behave like this in front of his child, and what his child would think if he witnessed his father's behavior. I know, for me, I would lose a little bit of respect for my father; however, my father is above this kind of behavior. Thank goodness.

The disgust is with those who had tried and covicted Rove and even then when no evidence shows guilt still wish he would have to go to jail. If you are disappointed with anyone it should be yourself and trying to bring my sons (both US Marines, hardly children or my daughter who is raising our first grandchild) into this is about as low as you could go in trying to avoid had badly you judged this. They are very proud of me when I am correct and certainly don't fight to support a country that would have put a man in jail because he is a political opponent.

My brother loves George Bush, and when Bush won in 2004, he said nothing to me about it. That is called class--something that Stinger and the other gloaters know nothing about. They probably think it's something they took in high school.

You just can't stand it that an innocent man will not be going to jail. I said all along if he was guilty then so be it, he should face justice. Now that no charges are being filed you should at least breath a sigh that an innocent man did recieve justice.

aps said:
My gosh, you're worse than I ever thought possible. I will now be putting you on ignore. What a gloater you are. I would be ashamed to do that. Seriously.

Really, worse because I didn't convict an innocent man and all along urged you to wait until the evidence if any was disclosed. You have been stating as fact that Rove was guilty and would be indicted and gloated for 3 years over it. Now that, as predicted, it is shown you were wrong about it you say I am the bad guy and therefore you will ignore me. What nonsense.

I think you're overlooking several things here. The investigator did not say Rove was not going to be charged.

In addition, while the House kept changing the ethics rules each time DeLay broke on, eventually the corruption surfaced.

While not a public servant, Rove's position in the White House is understood as important. He controls the direction taken by this administration in the policies developed. He's like the puppet master.

For Republicans to be settling smugly in their declaration of innocence of Rove is to set themselves up for a "told you so." later.

Let's wait until the investigator calls the issues, what say you?

Stinger said:

Don't count on it.

I will happily Admit I was wrong, and send a letter of apology to Rove....on one condition. You do the same for Clinton. In my opinion both are guilty, and both faced trial by media....which can be far worse than conviction. I do find it rather disingenuous of you to gloat over a Not Guily Rove.....all the while Bashing a Not Guilty Clinton though.

So...Admit to Clinton being clean, and I will do the same for Rove.

What a stunning victory for Rove and the GOP: no one was indicted today! WOW!

Now Rove is free to out more covert CIA agents, belittle Vets who don't agree with him and get back to what he does best - dividing the country.

Victory is yours Rove!

And the country loses...

hipsterdufus said:
What a stunning victory for Rove and the GOP: no one was indicted today! WOW!

And justice

Now Rove is free to out more covert CIA agents,

Why do you so blantanly post such a lie?

belittle Vets who don't agree with him

Vets get to say anything they want without question?

and get back to what he does best - dividing the country.

You are certainly free to join us on the right.

Victory is yours Rove!

And the country loses...

Nope YOU lost, the country won, an innocent was not prosecuted, the truth about the Wilson's was exposed, and the bia's of the media was apparent to all.

Cookie Parker said:
I think you're overlooking several things here. The investigator did not say Rove was not going to be charged.

Yes he did, he informed the only person he is required to tell and that is Rove through his attorney who would be facing immediate disbarment were he lying.

In addition, while the House kept changing the ethics rules each time DeLay broke on, eventually the corruption surfaced.

You don't know what you are talking about, the White House had nothing to do with DeLay, that was the House Republican leadership and Republican House rules, who yes after it became apparent DeLay was the subject of a witch-hunt talked about the rule THEY have about indictments and leadership positions. But ultimately they abided by THEIR rule. The question is why haven't the Dems implimented the same rule against themselves as they promised they would.

While not a public servant, Rove's position in the White House is understood as important.

He is a political advisor.

He controls the direction taken by this administration in the policies developed. He's like the puppet master.

False, he advises the president on politcial issues, the cabinet heads develope policies along with the president and his advisors.

For Republicans to be settling smugly in their declaration of innocence of Rove is to set themselves up for a "told you so." later.

:rofl I think it is Hardball and CBS and the NYT and many on the left here who are faced with the "told you so"'s.

Let's wait until the investigator calls the issues, what say you?

He has in a formal letter to Rove's attorney.

Keep thinking those good thoughts.

With tornadoe season coming, along with your hopes and dreams over Rove beating an invesitgation, remember to click your heels three times and say there's no place like home.

Me, I'm going to wait for the final announcement, not a FOX new media blitz to spread disinformation.

BTW, for future reference, House is generally the term used for the House of Representatives. I've never heard it used as the White House.

Stinger said:
Why do you so blantanly post such a lie?

It's not alie at all.

Vets get to say anything they want without question?

Never said that. The hypocrysy of the GOP Chickenhawks is mind boggling though when it comes to their treatment of vets.

You are certainly free to join us on the right.

With Ann Coulter and Karl Rove as your King and Queen, I'll pass.

If I was a racist, Xenophobic, homophobe the GOP would have a lot to offer. Fortunately, none of those apply.

Nope YOU lost, the country won, an innocent was not prosecuted, the truth about the Wilson's was exposed, and the bia's of the media was apparent to all.

There is absolutely nothing in not indicting Rove that proves that he is innocent, or that Wilson lied, or that the Media is to blame.

Nothing.

hipsterdufus said:
There is absolutely nothing in not indicting Rove that proves that he is innocent, or that Wilson lied, or that the Media is to blame.

Nothing.

I totally agree (but don't tell that to Stinger--he can't stand the thought of anyone being critical of his wittle Rovey Wovey).

Can't wait until January 2007, when Scooter Libby goes to trial. If I can get into the courtroom one day, I will. This ought to be interesting.

hipsterdufus said:
free to out more covert CIA agents

Correct me if I'm wrong - and I may be, 'cause after a while, I no longer followed this closely, certainly not as avidly as some of the contributors to this thread - but did not Joseph Wilson, himself, in a bit of irony, admit that his wife had not been covert since 1997, thereby removing the possibility of a violation of the Intelligence Identities Protection Act, which has a five-year limitation? Or did that assertion come from someone else?

tecoyah said:
I will happily Admit I was wrong, and send a letter of apology to Rove....on one condition. You do the same for Clinton.

:rofl for what? And true apologies have no conditions, if an apology is due, as it is here, it's not dependent on anything I do.

In my opinion both are guilty,

What is Rove guilty of?

and both faced trial by media....which can be far worse than conviction. I do find it rather disingenuous of you to gloat over a Not Guily Rove.....all the while Bashing a Not Guilty Clinton though.

What is clearly disingenuous is your basing Rove's guilty or innocence on Clinton.

So...Admit to Clinton being clean, and I will do the same for Rove.

There is no admitting Clinton was innocent, he was found in contempt of court for lying under oath for the purpose of obstructing justice and he admitted as such in his plea bargin and was also found guilty of the same by the Arkansa bar, we also have the myrid of evidence to support it.

Give me the evidence Rove is guilty of anything.

But thank you for demonstrating what this has always been about for the left.

Last edited:
Cookie Parker said:
Keep thinking those good thoughts.

With tornadoe season coming, along with your hopes and dreams over Rove beating an invesitgation, remember to click your heels three times and say there's no place like home.

And if you had read any of my previous post you would know my crystal clear position was that if there was evidence he committed a crime so be it, he would have to face justice. But there is no evidence and the prosecutor has informed him there will be no charges. I know you just hate it, but it's time to face reality.

Me, I'm going to wait for the final announcement, not a FOX new media blitz to spread disinformation.

The only announcement he is required to make, and will probably be the only announcement, is to Rove's lawyers. I know you desperately want to hang on to all hope that your side can gain political power NOT by having better ideas but by trying to get the otherside thrown in jail. But that is more like some South American dictatorship not the United States.

BTW, for future reference, House is generally the term used for the House of Representatives. I've never heard it used as the White House.

Sorry, I fell to reading to quickly and with the wrong glasses. But my question remains, when will the Democrats impose the same rule on themselves?

oldreliable67 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong - and I may be, 'cause after a while, I no longer followed this closely, certainly not as avidly as some of the contributors to this thread - but did not Joseph Wilson, himself, in a bit of irony, admit that his wife had not been covert since 1997, thereby removing the possibility of a violation of the Intelligence Identities Protection Act, which has a five-year limitation? Or did that assertion come from someone else?

Not only that, Libby has a list of 10 people who have given depositions stating that Wilson told them his wife worked for the CIA. Hipster knows this and is posting lies.

Back
Top Bottom